D.C. Area Babies
Options

*VARedhead*

Just wanted to share that the ON maternity long peacoat I ordered is going back to the store. It is too thin, so the maternity coat search continues.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: *VARedhead*

• Options
    I got through both of my winter pregnancies by buying a size larger swing coat.  I may have bought it at target or KMart since I didn't want to spend a lot of money, but it was wool, thick and warm enough.   
  • Options

Thank you for the follow up! That was my fear, and I ended up not buying a coat at all. I'm sorry you have to take it back, that's so frustrating.

I ended up getting a loaner coat that is not a maternity coat, but is cut pretty big, so I think it should work.

I have to say that the quality of winter maternity coats I've seen is not good, and it's disappointing! I guess it's because no one wants to spend a lot on a coat they will wear for one season, so the quality reflects that!

Good luck in your search. Going the larger-size route (as opposed to maternity) may be your best bet.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not sure if the larger size will work for me since by the third trimester I'll look like I swallowed a basketball. I carry all in front. Since ON, Gap, ATL, Target, Kohl's didn't have one that worked for me, I think I'm resigned to just wearing my regular coat unbuttoned with long scarves.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"