Multiples
Options

Reflux babies -wedge pillow for crib

The trio is finally coming home on Sunday! They all have reflux so the NICU nurse suggested I put some type of wedge pillow in their cribs. We also have the FPRNP sleepers we can use too. Did you use a wedge pillow and have one to suggest? Something like this https://www.amazon.com/Dexbaby-Safe-Universal-Wedge-White/dp/B00067AUP2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319839488&sr=8-1 There are some others on amazon but they are pricey. TIA!
Diagnosis: DOR and MFI-low everything IVF #1 = triplets! 2 girls and a boy! Born Sept 29, 2011 at 32w6d due to Pre-e and HELLP syndrome Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Reflux babies -wedge pillow for crib

• Options
    Sorry it's not clicky. I'm on my iPad.
    Diagnosis: DOR and MFI-low everything IVF #1 = triplets! 2 girls and a boy! Born Sept 29, 2011 at 32w6d due to Pre-e and HELLP syndrome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't know if it needs to be a particular design for reflux but I know my SIL suggested putting something under the mattress to elevate one end when my DS had a bad cold at 2 months old to help with his congestion. I think we rolled up a blanket and put it under one end. Or the rock n play seems like it would be great too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Both of ours had reflux.  They slept in the FPRNPs for the first few months.  This worked for us, but the transition back to the crib has been difficult for DD.
  • Options

Congrats on their homecoming!

Ours didn't have bad reflux, but they slept in the RNP for about 3-4 months (with boppy noggin nests), and it was great.  I'd probably go cheap and just get those.

ETA: though on further thought, babies who will sleep flat and are on a schedule from the NICU maybe shouldn't be messed with!

• Options
    Thanks! In the nicu they have them in the regular open bassinets now but they have them elevated at the one end so I'm not sure they would sleep flat in the crib. I'm leaning towards just having them sleep in the RNPs in our room but DH thinks they should go straight to their cribs since they are already used to that.
  • Options

Congrats on your LO's coming home!

We used the RnP with DS#1 for the first 2 months then we used the wedge you have listed. It works well and for the price you can't beat it.

TTC since 8/08 with MFI IVF #1 Nov 2010 BFP! Twins!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!  My boys needed the same thing, but we never bought an official "wedge".  We used a boppy for one crib (we had an extra lent to us), and for the other, we folded up a bunch of receiving blankets, and used the wedges that prevented the babies from rolling in the bassinet and put them underneath the head of the mattress.  Worked great!!
    Clomid x 2 cycles ..... BFN. 6/08 Gonal F with TI- BFN. 7/08 Gonal F #2 - IUI 7/11, BFN. 9/22/08 IUI #2 and Accupuncture - Chemical Pregnancy. 11/08 IUI #3 with accupuncture - BFN. 12/08 IUI #4 BFN. 5/09 IVF #1 ER 7/6/09, ET 7/9/09 - BFN. FET 12/18/09 - BFN IVF #2 -ER 3/6, ET 3/9, OMG - BFP!!! Beta #1 3/22 -332, Beta #2 3/24 - 701, Beta #3 - 14,889 - 1st u/s - TWINS!! SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME!!! ***Why can't 88 million sperm and 3 eggs find each other in an organ the size of a pear??*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins--not through strength but by perseverance. - H. Jackson Brown
  • Options

You can get bed risers for regular beds and just elevate the whole side of the crib if you want to put them in cribs from the get go.  They sell them at BBB, pretty cheap.

Please keep in mind that elevated sleeping positions can contribute to plagiocephaly (flat heads)... not that you need something else to worry about.  ..Sorry.  I would just only elevate if it's really necessary.

Glad your LOs are coming home soon!!

jailbirds Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My boys had severe reflux. I just stuck books under 1 end of their crib mattresses so they could sleep on an incline. after they got a little older they started moving so much that the incline became pointless. They'd end up upside down or at the bottom flat part and at that point I just laid them flat and they were fine at night by then.
  • Options
    Talk to your doctor about getting them danny slings.  We dropped the bottom end of our crib to the lowest setting, leaving the top end at the highest setting.  This gave the incline that they needed, but the danny slings kept them from sliding down.  It's a little pouch that you fasten them into.  They worked awesome and once they started growing out of their reflux we brought the bottom end of the crib up and got rid of the slings.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"