February 2011 Moms

baby with blister

Last week my DD had a very high fever (normal temp is 97.7 fever was over 104 at times). We went to the hospital to get a few tests and it turned out to be 5ths. Not a big deal, the rash is gone and she is almost back to eating the normal amount.  We found a small blister like sore on her groin right between her thigh and body.It seems like it is a little infected now. Has anyone else seen this or heard anything about this happening to little ones? Should I be worried?

Re: baby with blister

• I don't know anything about it, but if it was me, I would get it checked out, just to be sure.  I would rather let the pedi think i'm overreacting by bringing her in than leaving it alone and risk it getting worse.

I hope your little girl feels better soon! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree, I would definitely get it checked out.  Especially with it in an area with so many germs floating around.
    dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Loading the player...
  • yes get it checked out just to be sure what it is.
  • Def get it checked since LO just got over an illness. It could still be lingering?? C didn't have anything at the time, but she had one blister like thing on her toe a few months ago. We called the nurse, and she told us it was a topical rash reaction.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO had several blisters the first 2 weeks of his life. They were in the diaper area. They came one at a time and were small fluid filled blisters that came and went quickly. We did not pop them and with the 3rd, we got him to the pediatrician with the blister still intact so it could be tested. (She just used a qtip and collected the fluid and sent it to the lab.) He had hospital acquired MRSA and was treated with antibacterial soap and topical bactroban. Thankfully that was the extent of the MRSA. I would call your pediatrician just to be on the safe side.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"