Cincinnati Babies

Gifts for the second child?

What do you get the younger child for gifts when they really don't need anything? We have WAY too many toys and lots of DD's stuff isn't gender-specific. She had lots of balls and cars and play doh, etc etc so it's not like DS is surrounded by girly toys. He really doesn't need anything. I am trying to plan Christmas shopping and I honestly can think of only one thing to get him. So moms with two or more, what do you do for shopping for the little one? Should I not worry about them having an uneven number of gifts (but that feels icky to me)? Buy him books? Clothes?
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Gifts for the second child?

• IDK, maybe it's a stupid concern since he won't really "get" Christmas. I just feel kind of crappy having this enormous list for DD and then scraping the barrel to come up with anything for DS. I know as he gets older his interests will develop and there will be plenty of things on his list. But until then...
  • Maybe give him some of the things that are really for both of them (movies, books) since he won't really know the difference anyways, but it will seem more even?

Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
    Baby Sister is coming soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • My parents always tried to keep the money spent even, rather than the number of gifts. So maybe while he's little and won't notice, just put the extra money in his savings/college account after buying him the things you want. That way it really will be even?

Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
    Baby Sister is coming soon!
  • I think I am going to stick with books and movies for him. I picked up the Lion King "for" him already and he could certainly use some books for himself since his sister has laid claim to all of them thus far. 

• Have you started his car collection yet?  There's a lot of cute Chuck stuff, and ~15-18 mos was when B started getting into cars big time.  Just an idea... not sure if your daughter has one or not.  We now have a serious car collection- matchbox, chuck, RC, bigger cars that make music, sirens, etc... 

You also might think ahead for next summer and get some other outdoor sports toys.  B's favorite toy the last year has been his mini golf clubs.  We use the yellow practice balls (the foamy ones) so he can practice inside. 

• Granted for us DS#2 will only be 2 months old this year, and really won't get Christmas, but our plan is to put money into his savings account for now until he will really understand Christmas. 

I think books/movies are perfect in your situation.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"