LGBT Parenting
Options

Friday funny question

How do you feel when teenagers in no costume come to your door for trick or treat?

Do you do or say anything?  

Re: Friday funny question

• Options

As long as they are in legitimate costume, its all good.  There are way bigger fights to pick with teens than a piece of candy.

whoops, i missed the "no costume" part.  That sh!t annoys me. but usually the kids who do that are also the kids with the eggs so i just give them the side eye while I drop the smallest piece of candy i can find into their bag.

• Options
    No costume - no candy.  Well I wish I did that but I don't have the heart, nor do I want my house tee-peed.  I usually just give them the sh!t candy aka tootsie rolls. :-p 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageTwo*True:
    No costume - no candy.  Well I wish I did that but I don't have the heart, nor do I want my house tee-peed.  I usually just give them the sh!t candy aka tootsie rolls. :-p 

What?! Tootsie rolls are the bomb! I'm comin' over, and I ain't wearin' a costume!

• Options
    imageEratMama:

How do you feel when teenagers in no costume come to your door for trick or treat?

Do you do or say anything?  

i don't answer the door. and they tend to come late, so by the lights are off anyway.

• Options

The only teenagers we ever get are taking younger siblings trick-or-treating.  I usually give them candy because I think it's sweet they'd take their little siblings out.

We live in a neighborhood that is all elderly people and young families (condo complex) so it's not a big issue for us.

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • Options

CT--I am so glad you edited your answer. I am flipping crabby today (whole combo of reasons) and I read your first answer, and responded like a petulant 12 year old.  "Oh, CT doesn't even get annoyed by teenagers without costumes." And, I'm sensitive, so I felt a little scolded.

I never do actually say anything--also give them a little piece of candy. Some times I get stickers or bouncy balls for the neighbor kids we know. (They get candy AND a toy.) I have been known to only bring the bowl of stickers to the door and give the 16 year olds an elmo sticker. 

This year--thanks to CT's non-scolding ;) I've decided to be happy their trouble making is of the free candy variety and take a sip of my wine ;)  There are advantages to being old, you know. 

• Options
    The first year we were in this house (7 years ago), I shared the "oh, it's just candy" attitude. But once they figured out that we had good candy, the teenagers came back 3-4 times, with open backpacks, demanding more. If I may be so blunt, eff that. After that we either went to the movies on Halloween or stopped answering the door after 8pm. This year we'll be doing the 8pm thing.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

How many of you guessed the light is off at our house? Simply not to be tempted to eat the candy...

Lightning OUCH!

LOL!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

I think if you are coming by with no costume or no younger sibling in costume you get no candy....but of course I ahve yet to enforce this and probably will not *sigh* too much of a softie.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No costume = No candy :?p
    Me(30) & DW(33) Married August 19, 2011. Mommies to a beautiful pooch. TTC#1~IUI#1-Nov 30/12=BFN IUI#2-Dec 30/12 http://mommyandmum.blogspot.ca/
  • Options
    I'm jealous of all of you who get trick or treaters!  I haven't really handed out Halloween candy since my parents' house.  My mom always said no costume, no candy.  But if we ever live in a trick-or-treating neighborhood I suspect I'll have a hard time saying no.  :)
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options
    A few years ago we lived in a big-time trick-or-treating neighborhood.  We had tons of cute little ones with parents, and then later- adults with no costumes and plastic grocery bags.  We were literally afraid to tell them no b/c they looked rough.  Then we turned off the light.  I won't be home this year, but if it happens in the neighborhood we live in now, I'll give them a piece of my mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"