Cincinnati Babies

Facebook Group!

I'd really like to join the facebook group, does anyone know what I send a request to????  Thanks.

Dx: Septate and Bicornuate uterus and Mild Endometriosis
First Lap - 7/08 - removed endo and endometriomia cyst on right ovary
Stopped TTC
8/10 - Started TTC again
12/10 - 3/11 - 3 rounds of femara/ovidrel/iui - All BFN's
4/11 - 2nd Lap/Hysteroscopy/Septum Resection - Septum removed/still bicornuate uterus/Stage I endo removed
6/4 - femara/ovidrel/iui - BFP!!
Follow me @ http://mcfarlandbabysteps.blogspot.com/

Re: Facebook Group!

• If you are FB friends with somebody that is already a part of the group they can "add" you.  Once that happens, one of the FB page admins will have to "okay" the addition.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I agree! I'd like to join too.  I'm new to the Bump boards and therefore don't have any mutual FB friends (that I know of).
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageck3121:
    I agree! I'd like to join too.  I'm new to the Bump boards and therefore don't have any mutual FB friends (that I know of).

This....Is there another way?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't either, is there another way?
    Stopped TTC
    8/10 - Started TTC again
    4/11 - 2nd Lap/Hysteroscopy/Septum Resection - Septum removed/still bicornuate uterus/Stage I endo removed
  • It seems pretty exclusive.  Doesn't really make me want to join...

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • The board was created for privacy for people who have been members of the board for a long time.  It's not that we don't welcome members.  However, many of us are uncomfortable with opening it up to anyone because there is way more information available about us on Facebook than there is on here.  If you have questions, post away.  Most of the older members still lurk and answer questions, but there is rarely a new question or post that we can respond to. 

• imageMamaVantobe:
    It seems pretty exclusive.  Doesn't really make me want to join...

Hi there!  I actually live down the street from you...the white house :)  I recognized your picture.  I'm not sure how to spell your last name, but I can tell them to add you if you want...there's lots of great women on there!  And you should bring your little boy out to "play" in the spring, my youngest was born in March, he'll need a friend close in age!

• imageKlmorgan83:

imageMamaVantobe:

Hi there!  I actually live down the street from you...the white house :)  I recognized your picture.  I'm not sure how to spell your last name, but I can tell them to add you if you want...there's lots of great women on there!  And you should bring your little boy out to "play" in the spring, my youngest was born in March, he'll need a friend close in age!

Haha that's funny.  Small world!

We'll have to start participating in the street events soon.  We always felt a little awkward being one of the few kidless couples.  I'm glad there will be at least one kid around his age nearby.  

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagesara401:

The board was created for privacy for people who have been members of the board for a long time.  It's not that we don't welcome members.  However, many of us are uncomfortable with opening it up to anyone because there is way more information available about us on Facebook than there is on here.  If you have questions, post away.  Most of the older members still lurk and answer questions, but there is rarely a new question or post that we can respond to. 

If that's the case, its makes many new people feel unwanted....I can understand the concern about the information that's on FB but lets face it this board is pretty much dead and everyone have moved to FB. I thought the point of both boards was to help one another and give advice but if mostly everyone is now on FB (and that's for exclusive members only) how is anyone suppose to get that advice....

I'm not trying to come off as mean or anything I just dont see the point in even having this board when 1) Everyone is one FB 2) No new people can join FB 3) It takes days for even one question to really get answered because everyone is on FB....I just stopped visiting this board all together (unless to see if maybe the broad was coming back alive)

• imageMamaVantobe:
    imageKlmorgan83:

imageMamaVantobe:

Haha that's funny.  Small world!

We'll have to start participating in the street events soon.  We always felt a little awkward being one of the few kidless couples.  I'm glad there will be at least one kid around his age nearby.  

Don't feel awkward, they'd all love to have you guys join us!  Even though my husband and I already have kids, we're a good 5-10 years younger than the rest of the street.  Congratulations on the baby by the way!

• Here is my two cents on the FB group and what I remember about the evolution of it.

Really all that I see happening is a natural progression of the relationships established on the board and the growth of different ways of connecting with people virtually.

In the past few years we have had some members go through some things/events/stuff and some of those members have whack job family members and/or ?friends? who lurked on the boards. So what they were sharing on the boards was being used against them IRL. Since many of us were FB friends already there was a natural sort of progression over to the FB group because people felt it was more private and secure. Now there are 194 members over there. How private and secure is that? I don?t know at least a third of them and I have to say I show up at a lot of the IRL events (book club, play groups, I host euchre nights, etc) so I feel pretty darn confident in saying that I have met a good deal of the regular Bump posters. But now people add random people like a friend from high school, a college roommate, someone from their church playgroup, etc etc. So the ?privacy? and ?security? over there is completely farcical. There is nothing private over there. But I think some members have a very false and na?ve sense of security because you have to be ?approved? by the admins.

Others prefer the FB group because the Bump is a PITA to use on their phones whereas FB is easy to use on the phone. Others like the FB group because you?re over on FB anyway so it?s just easy to check the board over there rather than having to navigate to another site.

Other posters had stopped responding to new posters questions because they already had well-established friendships with veteran posters and had generally said they weren?t interested in expanding the board. I don?t think that is the majority opinion but that is the expressed opinion of a handful of our long-time posters.  

Perhaps some of the other long-time posters will chime in here.

I hate the FB board ? mostly because I think the format sucks. I am happy to post over here and check in but I agree it?s been nothing but crickets chirping recently.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I agree with Moestin in that it was an easier way to post. However, I still don't post often over there as I don't have anything to add to some posts. That is the same as here. I am sure I will be "unfriended" from the Private group anyway. I still lurk here and will answer if I can.
    "Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Okay, I didn't realize that the fb board wasn't accepting new members.  I really don't understand but anyways there is a WTE local group that is just getting started.  For those of you who'd like to join, private message me and I'll give you my info.
    Stopped TTC
    8/10 - Started TTC again
  • imagebelles1979:
    Okay, I didn't realize that the fb board wasn't accepting new members.  I really don't understand but anyways there is a WTE local group that is just getting started.  For those of you who'd like to join, private message me and I'll give you my info.

YGM....I still don't understand the "No New Members" policy either but I would like the info for the new group....Besides I would never put any info on the net that i consider personal/important anyway

• I'm not on the website much...it's just not as convienent as other ways to connect. And like others have said it's pretty dead on here. I have the baby buzz app on my iphone and ipod, and also have connected with some of the moms from the app on instagram. I would like to become a part of the facebook group if possible. I would love to meet other moms in the area! Or if you would like find me on instagram, I'm only friends with other moms or moms-to-be and the I'm private. Let me know and I'll let you know how to find me!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"