Parenting after 35
Options

NPR. My husband finally got a cpap machine!

I'm in heaven. It hardly makes any noise. The only problem is we have to go back to get it fitted better to his face shape. So after 5 yrs of sleeping next to him I finally don't have to hit himvor tell him to turn over. And now it's my turn to get my sleep study. I know I snore. I know it wakes me up. So as soon as we pay off dh bill it will be my turn. We did him first because he can't hear my snore. He is extremely hard of hearing. Oh the joys of growing older :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NPR. My husband finally got a cpap machine!

• Options

I am envious.  Pretty positive DH has sleep apnea.  He even had an appointment scheduled for it once...and cancled it.  Claims he was 'better'.  Whatever.  At least now he's on third shift so I get a break for four straight days every week.  And all that he's gone for national guard.  And the entire year he will be gone next year. 

I think I'd much rather listen to him snore next to me.

• Options
    You will come to love the C-Pap.  DH will have so much more energy after a few days of using it.  And there ALL kinds of different head and nose gear.  Don't give up because the first one does not work.  My DH has one that is very soft silicon that just goes up in his nose. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm glad you're both sleeping better!!

Those who have DH's who won't go - push them harder!  Sleep apnea is dangerous - every time they stop breathing, their body gives them a quick adrenaline boost to start it again.  Imagine being shocked with paddles like in the movies over 100 times a night (sometimes 100 times an hour!)!! It wears down your heart and other systems!!  (pationate former sleep apnea patient here - lost 130 pounds to cure it)

• Options
    Yes
  • Options

That is terrific!!! The machine changed my husband completly! Don't forget to inquire with your utility provider for a break on your electric bill. Ours really went down based on his need to run the machine at night.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes L has one, pricey, but sooo worth it. Here's to both of you getting a better night's sleep.
  • Options
    imageBrandySun:

I am envious.  Pretty positive DH has sleep apnea.  He even had an appointment scheduled for it once...and cancled it.  Claims he was 'better'.  Whatever.  At least now he's on third shift so I get a break for four straight days every week.  And all that he's gone for national guard.  And the entire year he will be gone next year. 

I think I'd much rather listen to him snore next to me.

I made my dh sleep on the couch until he went back. He went for the sleep study but never went back for his results. Wth? So 10 months later I drew a line in the sand. And he went. Hooray!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"