Parenting after 35

What are you giving the Trick-or-Treaters?

I'm hungry for snacky crap right now and just ate a Froot Roll-up.  Pretty sure there's no fruit in those things. 

So what are you giving the kiddos this year?

Me... Welch's Fruit Snacks in all of their of High Fructose Corn Syrup goodness.  (Oh yeah, they SAY it contains REAL juice...  HA!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What are you giving the Trick-or-Treaters?

• CANDY!!!  Okay and some pretzels.  And maybe fruit treats.  Don't know if the fruit treats will be left after the class parties (giving those out).  My neighbor gives out glow bracelets.  One gal on my local board gave kids last year a choice between candy or a halloween pencil and almost every single one picked a pencil!

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Nuthin'! We will hide from trick or treaters until DS says, "hey, why are we hiding from trick or treaters?"
  • Loading the player...
  • We don't really have a lot of kids come around, but I'll have an emergency bag of something just in case.  I will tell a funny story from 2 years ago.  I picked out what I thought was great candy:  Tootsie Roll pops and Butterfinger.  DH was aghast at my selections..."NOBODY eats those!   WHO eats Tootsie Roll pops??  We're going to be known as the house with the BAD candy!!"   

So, the first round of kids comes by and DH tells them they can pick two candies out of the bowl.  I hear a chorus of, "Oooooooo......oh, YAY!!!"   When I asked DH what the kids were so excited about, he sheepishly said, "The Tootsie Roll pops." 

DH learned his lesson: don't doubt the wife's Halloween candy!   Big Smile

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I will hide inside and pray they don't see my vehicle sitting in the driveway!  It'd be one thing if we got a bunch of cute little kids in costumes, but no.  We get teens not from our neighbhood wandering around our neighborhood sans costumes looking for handouts.  As DH says, they bus 'em in from the ghetto.  We have people going door to door with babies Stella's age or younger to complete strangers homes TOTing and you KNOW that candy is not for the baby (actually, it would be even worse if it was).  And then there's the adults dressed in street clothes saying 'my kid's in the car so I'm getting treats for him'.  yeah, no.

• Bought the candy this afternoon - we will be giving out KitKats, Snickers, M&M's and Reeses Peanut Butter cups. 

My DH always tells the kids - take as many as you want.  It is funny because the older kids grab bunches and the smaller kids look at their parents as if to say - should I take more than one?

Married 5/12/07 Took 3 IUIs and 2 IVFs for our sweet boy He was worth the wait! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageleslieb923:

Bought the candy this afternoon - we will be giving out KitKats, Snickers, M&M's and Reeses Peanut Butter cups. 

Mmmmmm....I'll be right over!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Have to go see what's left at Walmart tomorrow. Probably Rockets, and something chocolatey. I'm not so sure I want to share the Rockets, I love those. And the hardest double bubble gum I can find for the rotten teenagers.

Oh, and we get bussed in kids too, from the local reserve. Last year we had to shut the lights off early at 8 (200+ kids) because we ran out of candy. Most people got the hint, but a few still persisted and one got ugly. He won't be back - my hockey stick has his name on it.

• imageleslieb923:

Bought the candy this afternoon - we will be giving out KitKats, Snickers, M&M's and Reeses Peanut Butter cups. 

My DH always tells the kids - take as many as you want.  It is funny because the older kids grab bunches and the smaller kids look at their parents as if to say - should I take more than one?

This is what we will be giving. We moved here in a new neighborhood recently though and I have no idea what kind of crowd we will be having come by.
  • Candy and pencils - we don't get many kids here.  Haven't bought the candy yet, but I will get something DH likes more than me to try and minimize my snacking.  We do a costume parade at work and no candy allowed so I have a large supply of groovy halloween pencils.
  • imagePiranha54:
    Candy and pencils - we don't get many kids here.  Haven't bought the candy yet, but I will get something DH likes more than me to try and minimize my snacking.  We do a costume parade at work and no candy allowed so I have a large supply of groovy halloween pencils.

Costume parade!? Fun. But some people I work with, everyday is costume parade day. What not to wear, here we come!

• imagegimmietimmies:

imagePiranha54:
    Candy and pencils - we don't get many kids here.  Haven't bought the candy yet, but I will get something DH likes more than me to try and minimize my snacking.  We do a costume parade at work and no candy allowed so I have a large supply of groovy halloween pencils.

Costume parade!? Fun. But some people I work with, everyday is costume parade day. What not to wear, here we come!

. we have a few of those ag work. or maybe i just say that out of jealousy as they are super thin. regardless. business suits don't go with knee high boots with 5" heels.
  • We're giving out Halloween-themed rubber duckies to the cute little kids in costumes, with a piece or two of candy. Older kids will get a few pieces of candy.

We don't get as many trick or treaters as we used to. Our town's ToT times are 3-7 PM. We don't get home until 5:30ish, so...probably even less kids this year, since it's on weekday.

I'm curious what my block will be like with ToT'ers this year. The first three years we were here, everyone decorated for Halloween. This year, it's maybe us & less than a handful of other houses. I didn't decorate as much as I usually do. Last year I put up only window decorations; I was pregnant & just didn't have the energy to decorate. This year I put up only window decorations again--no time or energy to do more.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageleslieb923:

Same selection pretty much.

• Candy! Sour Patch Kids, Peanut Butter M&M's, Swedish Fish, Kit Kats,.......... all the things mommy likes to eat...hope no kids come.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"