Canada Babies

Where is everyone these days?

Seems like this board has really quieted down, these last few weeks. Hope everyone is just too busy to post. And not feeling terrible, Getting the winter blues. Today was my 1st official day of Mat Leave! So needless to say, throughout the day, I have checked out the few boards I follow. 

Raynes, I hope everything is going well with you and your growing baby. How have you been feeling!? Hopefully one of the lucky ones without M/S...Yuck, I do not miss that part that's for sure. I always kept little snacks beside my bed to munch on throughout the night if I felt a little nauseated. 

I cannot believe I only have another 38 days until baby's Due date. And now that baby has grown quite a bit these last 3 weeks or so, the movement has definitely decreased. Turned into alot more head butts and it's little bum pushing outwards...Oh and some very strong knees or feet along the right side...Trying to pop out I swear.

So if everyone has been too busy to post, What have you all been up to!? Has it snowed where you are yet!? Here, Nothern Alberta, Has been close a couple times. more or less just frost for now...I am super thankful though that it hasn't snowed, I just finished my last week of school. No more 1.25 hour commute one way, EVERYDAY....Honestly it could snow now and I wouldn't be too upset. I did however, during my car pooling this last week, Hit a deer. Thank god I wasn't in my Jeep TJ, Driving!!! 

Anyways, hope to hear everyone is feeling well and it's better to be busy then tweedling our thumbs! Hooray to Monday being over. One day closer to the weekend...Halloween weekend too!

Blake in BW 6 months Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 1RememberingMiloJuly1st2012

Re: Where is everyone these days?

• Oh my gosh, you hit a deer!?  That's always a frightening experience!  Right after my grad ceremonies (12 years ago, yikes!) my best friend, her boyfriend and I were heading to northern BC to go camping, and we hit a deer on the way.  Thought I was going to die!  Seems that you're alright, though, so that's good news!

Things here have been busy.  Still working our janitorial company, but only for another week!  Then I'm done, and hubby takes over our small contract on his own for the remainder of my pregnancy.  I'm so excited!

It's 1am, and I have to be up in five hours, but I can't sleep...  the neighbors upstairs are pot-smokers, and after I picked hubby up from work tonight, we came home to a house FILLED with pot-smell, so strong it made even our dog gag!  The landlord has been on their case to knock it off indoors (when they smoke it outside we can't smell a thing, so I don't care if they do it outside...), but they can't seem to get it through their thick skulls. 

So here's a question, if anyone knows the answer...  is it possible to feel some effects of pot from second-hand smoke?  I swear, everytime they smoke up inside, I get the munchies sooooo bad!  That being said, what other effects would it have on us, and my baby??  Probably a question for my doctor tomorrow, but what are your thoughts?

And how IS everyone doing?  It has been so quiet all around this place these days...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hey, Good to hear from you. Glad things are going well with you and baby and that your DH is going to be taking over the rest of the contract. It will be nice for you to be able to take it easy. Don't sweat the small stuff, remember that! As for the deer incident, I am definitely ok. I was sitting in the backseat so luckily didn't feel much. Very happy I wasn't dirving my Jeep...That would of scared the living be-jeezes outta me. Driving on the roads are SO much more dangerous now that I have another person to think about. You know!?

About your neighbor people...what the hell is up with that! I mean why can't they just take it outside. ESPECIALLY after the landlord asked them. Do they know your pregnant? If so, how inconsiderate are these pricks!? As for your question, I deff think it's possible to feel some effects from second hand smoke. And i imagine having these "sudden hunger urges" probably have something to do with it. Anyone from BC, knows someone who smokes pot. and I'd say that side affect deff matches. As far as for baby. I wouldn't worry yourself too much. It is definitely not ideal. And I'd suggest asking your doctor about the risks. I would definitely think that booze and cigarettes are far worse. But I am not a doctor. Just be careful and don't be afraid to get some air. It's very unfair that you have to inhale their cr@p!

I was wondering the same thing. How the heck is everyone doing!

On a positive note. I get to know if my little one is a chunky monkey or a lean bean! We are getting our final ultra sound today and it's exciting knowing it's the last time we'll see him or her from the inside... Next stop is baby in the real world! 

• Loading the player...
  • It has been quiet here. I hope everything is well. Hitting a deer would suck. Last year I had to drive around a deer on a highway! That was interesting lol Today`s been a horrible day for me so far. At my Eye doctor appointment I became very dizzy and hot when he put those stupid drops in! I don`t know why but my dad had to come get me because I couldn`t drive. Also found out that there`s a death my MH`s family. I don`t know who it is at this moment bc he won`t tell me over the phone but he`s coming to pick me up soon so I will find out then. I saw a report on the news and I have a bad feeling I might know who it was... I hope to god I`m wrong. AND DH grampa isn`t doing well either so what a great week... :( 

• So sorry to hear about your loss!  It certainly doesn't sound like you're having a good week, quiet as it's been.  These things are hard...  Just remember that you will get through it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry to hear your week so far has been so cr@ppy. Couldn't really get any worse. I will be sending positive thoughts to you guys. Stay strong for each other. Life get tough, but with the love and support of family and friends, We all seem to pull through. Try to live on that for now. Hope things turn around soon
  • Hey Ladies, It hads been quite quiet around here lately. Megs sorry about the loss in your family Frosty, glad you are ok after the deer. That would be scary. One time, I was driving back up to school in Sudbury and we saw a moose on the highway. It was super scary.

I have been hanging out on 3T, because we're undergoing testing and I probably have PCOS, so it'll be awhile before we are KU. I've been pretty depressed lately, and DH doesn't really know what to do with me. I was spending most of my time on TTGP but there are too many crazies, with the "we werent trying but am I pg" posts, and the first month trying BFP posts, its makes me sad that we couldn't be so lucky.

Don't get me wrong, my good friend is 16 weeks and I'm so excited for her, just sad for our situation. The good news is I'm on CD 27, and all signs are pointing to O soon. This would be the earliest O since I've come off BCP's. I'm hoping its from the acupuncture I've been doing over the last couple of weeks.

Glad to hear all is going well in your pregnancies and GL in the rest of your journey. I hope the time goes quickly, and you don't get too uncomfortable. Megs I have Fingers crossed that this is also your month.

Has anyone heard form Karrot, since she got her BFP?  I hope all is well with her too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the support ladies. It was who I thought it was: DH's 39 year old cousin. It's so sad.. she was so young. She left behind 3 teenaged daughters who are a mess right now. He husband is a huge mess... they've been together since they were 15. He's lost without her. It's so sad. We still aren't 100% sure on what happened.. they are still investigating.

• imageAmandaBoud2011:

Has anyone heard form Karrot, since she got her BFP?  I hope all is well with her too.

I have, she is doing well.. she's been a little nauseous.

• That is so hard to hear, I am sending my thoughts and prayers to her 3 daughters and  her husband, also the rest of DH's family. That just kills me to hear. Grieving a loved on is so hard, especially when there are SO many people affected.
  • imageFrostycake2011:
    That is so hard to hear, I am sending my thoughts and prayers to her 3 daughters and  her husband, also the rest of DH's family. That just kills me to hear. Grieving a loved on is so hard, especially when there are SO many people affected.

Thank you very much for your thoughts and prayers. It is definitely not something you want to hear.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"