Okay, I'm in a bit of a fix because I tried to prepare. Bad move. Backstory: our daycare has a Halloween parade each year followed by Halloween parties in each room. For all of DD's rooms since 2, one of the sign-ups has been "gift bag" or "treat". So this year, I happened to score on a bag of pencils and that got me thinking -- instead of the usual gift bag filled with candy, I'd like to do something non-candy. So I went ahead and got some toy spiders, little dinosaurs, silly bandz and mini cauldrons for a song plus a miniature pumpkin (real), figuring I'd sign up when it came time. Have no idea where my receipts are.
Except there was no sign-up for that. Yep. DD's new class the teacher didn't want to give out anything as the kids would get enough. Also, DD has 13, not 12 as I had expected, kids in her class because 2 are part-time so share a slot and guess what all the stuff comes in? Bags of 12.
So what do I do with the stuff I got? Options that I can think of are:
1. Keep it and reuse it at a birthday party or next Halloween. Not like it goes bad.
2. Use some of the stuff for DS's class and keep the rest that is a choking hazard for another day.
3. Get a few extra things to account for 13 kids and give it to them anyway.
4. Instead make up little gift things for some of the teachers and workers there (sans the dinosaurs).
5. Let DD give them to some of her friends there and/or neighborhood kids.
No idea what else. Thoughts? WWYD?
DD -- 5YO
DS -- 3YO