Parenting after 35
Options

WWYD?

Okay, I'm in a bit of a fix because I tried to prepare.  Bad move.  Backstory:  our daycare has a Halloween parade each year followed by Halloween parties in each room.  For all of DD's rooms since 2, one of the sign-ups has been "gift bag" or "treat".  So this year, I happened to score on a bag of pencils and that got me thinking -- instead of the usual gift bag filled with candy, I'd like to do something non-candy.  So I went ahead and got some toy spiders, little dinosaurs, silly bandz and mini cauldrons for a song plus a miniature pumpkin (real), figuring I'd sign up when it came time.  Have no idea where my receipts are.

Except there was no sign-up for that.  Yep.  DD's new class the teacher didn't want to give out anything as the kids would get enough.  Also, DD has 13, not 12 as I had expected, kids in her class because 2 are part-time so share a slot and guess what all the stuff comes in?  Bags of 12.

So what do I do with the stuff I got?  Options that I can think of are:

1.  Keep it and reuse it at a birthday party or next Halloween.  Not like it goes bad. 

2.  Use some of the stuff for DS's class and keep the rest that is a choking hazard for another day.

3.  Get a few extra things to account for 13 kids and give it to them anyway. 

4.  Instead make up little gift things for some of the teachers and workers there (sans the dinosaurs).

5.  Let DD give them to some of her friends there and/or neighborhood kids.

No idea what else.  Thoughts?  WWYD?

DD -- 5YO
DS -- 3YO

Re: WWYD?

• Options
    i'd probably do #5 or just give some of it away in lieu of or in addition to a piece of a candy if you're answering the door on Halloween.
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would keep the stuff for another event...or use some of the items for DS' class if they are giving out bags.  I don't like Option 3 because it goes against the teacher's wishes.  I also don't like Option 5 because then DD is picking certain kids to receive bags and I don't think that's fair to the other kids. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd do 4 since it's a nice gesture and the kids are already set :)
  • Options

imagesuperaunt:
    i'd probably do #5 or just give some of it away in lieu of or in addition to a piece of a candy if you're answering the door on Halloween.

This.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

If the teacher says no goodies, then no goodies it is.

Can you give them out to the trick or treaters?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"