Washington Babies

S/O TV: Where do you rent movies

I want to start doing moving night again and after going to Disneyland realized W has no idea who most of the Disney Characters are.  But where do we rent movies?  We just nixed our Netflix DVD account and usualy do Red Box but it's not overflowing with Disney/Kids/Cartoon movies.  We've already streamed about every movie he would be interested in on Netflix streaming. 
BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12

Re: S/O TV: Where do you rent movies

• We have a blockbuster about 2 blocks away, so if we cant find what we want on netflix that is our go-to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Amazon has a video rental service that goes straight to your TV or computer; I don't even have to put on pants!

I've started using that more and more... and sometimes RedBox if Amzn doesn't have what I want.

---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DH buys most of our movies from a pawn shop for $1-2. Cheaper than most rental places and you get to keep them!

Photobucket  image
    Married: December 2005 ~ Started TTC: December 2008 ~ DH: 33, Me: 30
    Diagnosis: severe MFI, late ovulation, short LP, DOR
    Only option is IVF/ICIS. Waited several years before treatment because we're OOP.
    IVF/ICIS #1 in June 2012 (Protocol: Long Lupron). Stims: 6/17/12, ER: 6/30/12 (6R, 5M, 4F), ET: 7/5/12 (1 4AA embryo transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 7/14/12 - 55, Beta#2: 7/16/12 - 100, Beta#3: 7/18/12 - 199 ~ Limbo for weeks, finally confirmed pregnancy not viable: 8/13/12 ~ D&C: 8/17/12 
    Varicocele Surgery: October 2012 (long break to wait for results, no change) 
    Changed clinics: February 2013 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #2 in April 2013 (Protocol: Antagonist). Stims: 4/12/13, Cycle Cancelled: 4/17/13 for poor follicle response and low E2 rise. 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #3 in May 2013 (Protocol: LEAP) Cycle Cancelled: 5/20/13 at suppression check due to cyst
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #4 in July 2013 (Protocol: LEAP). Stims: 7/20/13, ER: 8/1/13 (12R, 11M, 9F), ET: 8/6/13 (3 fair embryos transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 8/15/13 - 86, Beta#2: 8/18/13 - 390.6, Ultrasound: 9/3/13 - TWO HEARTBEATS! 

• imageATT&BTT:
    LIBRARY! :-) 

The closest library to us has a horrible selection: we've already burned through it but I should look in to library reserve list.  Good idea, thanks!

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • We just started going to Blockbuster again. It's only a few blocks from our house, and it is really cheap. Amazon's service looks pretty good to, but we haven't signed up yet, so I don't know what their selection is like.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 2009 with unexplained infertility
    IUI#1-4 Jan.-Apr. 2011 = BFNs
    IVF#1 Aug. 2011 = c/p, FET #1 Nov. 2011 = c/p, FET #2 April 2012 = BFP!
    Beta #1 = 153, Beta #2 = 269, Beta #3 = 675
    1st U/S = TWINS!! EDD 12/29/12
    my blog: Journey to Somewhere
    ~~PAIFW/SAIFW~~
    Photobucket
    April IVF Spring Chicks

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just rented some movies from Safeway. They have a deal (at my store, at least--Edmonds): 3 new releases for $7.99.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been doing Blockbuster online for 5 years.  I like it better than Netflix b/c you can return and swap movies/games at Blockbuster stores.
    Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • We get all our movies now through Netflix (streaming and DVD), onDemand and renting through iTunes (you can stream to your computer through a gaming system or Apple TV).
  • Netflix streaming only and blockbuster mail/in store exchange deal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsH_08:
    I've been doing Blockbuster online for 5 years.  I like it better than Netflix b/c you can return and swap movies/games at Blockbuster stores.

This is what we do!  It's easier to get new releases faster, and there is no due date on the ones you rent in the store, so no more late fees!  Plus you get a printable coupon for a free movie once per month.  We were going to sign up for an account at Safeway, but you had to have a home telephone number, and we only have cell phones.  (that was a few years ago, so maybe they have changed it by now)

image'>image

• We stream Zune on xbox.  netflix is going to be bringing back the joint account I heard because their stock went in the toilet with that move!
    imageimage Brothers! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"