Preemies
Options

update on my ry-guy

Hi Ladies

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers (posts below).  We arrived at the hospital at 11:30 and were told his procedure was pushed to 3pm.  Well 3 o'clock came and went and they didn't actually begin until 5pm.  Everything went well, thank God.  His surgeon was amazing and he is now recovering in his own room.  We were told they would resume feeds at 8pm and he will be back in his regular nursery tomorrow.  They drained 10ccs of fluid from his brain.  I am so relieved they did the procedure sooner rather then later.  I am sure he feels much better now.

Thank you again for all of your support!

xo

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: update on my ry-guy

• Options

Great news!  I'm glad the procedure went well.  That must have been so hard to have to wait around all day!  I've been thinking about you all day - thanks for the update!

How's Aiden doing?  Any news on the pneumonia? 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
  • Options
    So happy to hear everything went well.  Thanks so much for the update. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!

Party!!!Party!!!Party!!!

Party!!!

Great news! Ech, so sorry you had to wait ALL day, though! Will keep praying for a speedy recovery and no tricks up his little preemie sleeves!

• Options
    Yes, it's confirmed pneumonia.  He was started on antibiotics and we were told  he was doing well today.  We are going to meet with the neo tomorrow for a real update on him.  But I did notice they lowered his settings on the vent today so to me, that's a good sign. 
  • Options
    thx for the update so glad it went well!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    So glad it went well for Ryan. Hopefully the antibiotics start working for Aiden. 
  • Options
    Glad Ryan's procedure went well and lowered settings for Aiden are definitely a good sign.
  • Options
    Glad it went well.  I was thinking of you!
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)

• Options
    imagejnatkaniec:

Hi Ladies

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers (posts below).  We arrived at the hospital at 11:30 and were told his procedure was pushed to 3pm.  Well 3 o'clock came and went and they didn't actually begin until 5pm.  Everything went well, thank God.  His surgeon was amazing and he is now recovering in his own room.  We were told they would resume feeds at 8pm and he will be back in his regular nursery tomorrow.  They drained 10ccs of fluid from his brain.  I am so relieved they did the procedure sooner rather then later.  I am sure he feels much better now.

Thank you again for all of your support!

xo

I'm glad to hear he is recovering! Continued T&Ps for both boys. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    Wonderful news! I've been thinking about your little guys all day. Keep up the fight boys!

• Options

imagejnatkaniec:
    But I did notice they lowered his settings on the vent today so to me, that's a good sign. 

Such great news!  With Hilyer, we celebrated every small change on percent O2, flow and pressure.  It's the small things!

I'm so, so, so glad that Ryan's procedure went well.  Hopefully this is just what he needs.

I hope your meeting with the neo goes well today and that you feel better about things.  The NICU is draining.  Take care of yourself! 

• Options
    imagebhilyer:

imagejnatkaniec:
    But I did notice they lowered his settings on the vent today so to me, that's a good sign. 

Such great news!  With Hilyer, we celebrated every small change on percent O2, flow and pressure.  It's the small things!

I'm so, so, so glad that Ryan's procedure went well.  Hopefully this is just what he needs.

I hope your meeting with the neo goes well today and that you feel better about things.  The NICU is draining.  Take care of yourself! 

This was exactly us with Bobby.  Celebrate even the smallest improvements...they'll fuel your strength more than  you realize!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"