New Orleans Babies

fashion options

Ladies.   I know Target has maternity wear as well as Destination Maternity.  I know there are a bunch of online options as well.  What I was wondering is if anywhere else physically sells maternity clothes in area stores?  Affordable is best since these items won't be classics that I hold on to.  How about a nice consignment shop for maternity wear?  I need some more clothes and would like to find out my options.  I've had a challenge finding a dress for a wedding (not formal, but I want to look respectable).  I  waited a bit too long to do the online thing plus I find that much of the maternity dresses are in a very casual looking material and it is hard to tell that online.  Many, many thanks!

Re: fashion options

• I believe Kid2Kid (a consignment shop on Severn) has some maternity clothes. I bought a lot from Old Navy (the westbank store has maternity) and the Gap (on sale.) There are more options than you think!
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • I made the the drive over to Motherhood maternity outlet in Gulfport. I got a bunch of cute sundresses. They also have a store in Mandeville.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • When I was at Destination Maternity about two weeks ago I saw quite a few formal-ish dresses.  And several were on sale - especially the Pea in the Pod brand dresses which are normally stupid expensive (I think anyway, given the limited time you can wear them). 

As PP said, Kid2Kid has a maternity section.  Macy's at Esplanade Mall (not the one at Lakeside) has a small maternity section - they carry Motherhood/Pea in the Pod stuff.

Baby Bump on Severn in Metairie.  I haven't been there myself, but that's only because I'm afraid to walk in and gawk at the prices.  lol  I've been told they are pricey, but I don't know for sure.  Worth a look if you're short on time. 
  • Oh yes and the Old Navy in Elmwood has a small maternity section.

But I wanted to add, for everyday clothes, with my first pregnancy I only purchased a few maternity shirts and jeans.  Mostly, I wore regular shirts from any store I would normally shop at, except I would buy a size larger.  Or I would specifically look for longer/tunic shirts.  I bought a couple of non-maternity sundresses with empire waiste to accomodate my belly. 

This time around I plan to do much of the same.  I'll buy a couple maternity sweaters (since I was pg in the summer last time and it will be winter this time) and I bought two semi-dressy dresses from Destination Maternity, but so far I have otherwise only bought some non-maternity leggings from Target to wear with dresses or long shirts.  And as I need larger shirts, I will just get a size up if and when needed so I can wear them after the pregnancy.
  • Dont forget the Red White and Blue in Harahan past the Wal Mart.  Affordable, yes, a bit of a treasure hunt, yes, but well worth it.  I have been several times and often find maternity clothing that has never been worn, with tags still attached.  Worth the trip.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"