Baby Showers
Options

gift cards as door prizes- how much?

My mom and MIL are throwing me and DH a coed/couples baby shower. They were asking us what they think we should do for door prizes.  I was going to do a couple of gift cards but don't know how much is too little for a gift card. 

Married DH September 2008
DD1 Born March 2012
DD2 Due November 2014

image         image

imageimage

Re: gift cards as door prizes- how much?

• Options
    I just had my baby shower this past weekend and we only did gift cards at $10 each. We also had to make sure that the $10 would be a good amount for the places we picked. Bathy and Body, restaurants including fast food, and Starbucks are a few examples of simple places that make people happy when its time to use them.
  • Options
    If you are only doing a couple I think a good amount is $10.  If you are doing several then you can get away with $5 gift cards.  I went to a shower and the prizes were gas cards for $5.  I was happy to get one.  You can also get fast food and actually get a salad and drink for that amount. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think $5 ones would be fine as long as they are for fast food or other places that you can get something for that price:)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    $5 is fine.

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I think $5 is good for Starbucks (or another coffee shop depending on where you are).  I think a gift card for anything else would probably be better if it's $10.

And like PP mentioned, this also depends on the number of prizes that you plan on having.

HTH!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"