Baby Showers
Options

Multiple registry locations? FTM=clueless

Ok this might be a weird question but why register at two places? Or maybe should I? We live in a semi-smaller city with a Target, which is  where I registered, but a few of the smaller items they only have online not in the store. So do I register at like Baby's R Us 2 or do I just complete my registry online with Target and people just have to order online? Is this a major inconvienence for people? I don't register for the same things at two different places right?

TIA 

Re: Multiple registry locations? FTM=clueless

• Options

I am FTM too but I know for most of the showers I've been to, both baby and bridal, the mom/bride-to-be register at two or three places.  At the moment I have just the BRU registry but will add an Amazon registry and probably a Target one to give people more of an option for where they want to shop.  

As to registering for the same thing at both places I wouldn't.  You increase the chance of multiple items that will need to be returned.  Just register one place for the crib, stroller, car seat- the big/bigger items.  However, things like wipes, diapers, bottle, pretty much the baby basics would be the exception.  It's stuff you'll use and won't need to return. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm registered at BBB and BRU because I wanted to give people options. I also like the selection at BBB better, but there's only one in our area. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Registering at two different places gives your guests options.  I would try to stay away from online exclusive items because they can be a pain to get.  Any guests who want to purchase off line can do so with items that are in store as well.  I wouldn't register for duplicate items at both places.  It is kind of a bummer for you and for your guests when you open the same item twice at your shower.  Just see which place has the best price on items and then register for it at that store.  Hope that helps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I registered at BRU and at Target.  For us, BRU has a bigger baby section than the Target I know most people will be shopping at, but Target has better prices on some stuff.  About half of our families aren't really online shoppers, so I wanted to make sure most stuff was available instore.  Some stuff is duplicates but I'm a complete registry stalker and can take stuff off of one if I see it purchased on the other.  :)  But none of the duplicates are the "big" stuff (crib, stroller, carseat, etc), mostly diapers, wipes, feeding supplies, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Figure out which baby store would be most convenient for your guests. For me, all my guests had a BRU within a few miles of them, so I just went with BRU for all my registry items. I wound up buying stuff from Target & Walmart too, but I find it easier & more logical to manage only one registry.

When people register at more than two places with a lot of repeat items, it stumps me!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I think it's a good idea to register at 2 places. It gives people a better selection. I NEVER shop online, it's a big inconvinience and I hate when I get registries and everything is only available online. I don't like to pay shipping.
  • Options
    A lot of the showers I attend the MTB has registered at two or three places.  Sometimes certain stores do not have everything you need and sometimes even though BRU has something Target has it much cheaper.  The norm around here is 2 places...gives people the optioin.  We have Targets and Walmarts about every few miles whereas BRU is about a 45 minute drive for most people.
  • Options
    I registered at three places because of knowing what people may or may not have access to even though most things can be ordered online.  I did register for some of the same basic things at more than one place but not for large ticket items.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well I'm only registered w/ MyRegistry.com but that's because you can add from any store so I guess technically I do have like 5 or so different stores on there... I do think it's good to give people options. And I  know in my case buying online is not an inconvenience because a lot of my family doesn't live nearby and will be ordering online and having gifts shipped straight to me... I guess it just really depends on your family and friends and what is convenient for them. :) I'm sure they'll be fine w/ whatever you end up doing!
    "When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." -J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"