Baby Showers
Options

How many games/prizes?

What would you suggest?  The baby shower I'm helping with has an invite list of 70.  How many games and how many prizes?

They say you should expect half of that, right?  So about 35 people?

TTC #1 since June 2008
M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How many games/prizes?

• Options
    They will just have one game at my shower and that the present bingo. I would say no more then two games. The amount of prizes depend on what games you do I would guess no more then 3 prizes per game.
  • Options

I'd go with no more than 3, or people will get bored.

I didn't even want any at my shower, but they ended up making everyone kind of feel more comfortable (most of them didn't know each other), and the games brought lots of laughter.  It was a great time!

Yes, you can usually expect about half will attend.

HTH! :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We had three games at my shower and enough prizes that everyone got one and some people got two. There were about 40 people at my shower.

Games were bingo, a celebrity baby name game and an old wives tale game. My sister had people fill them out while they ate and then went over the answer before I opened gifts

• Options
    I would only do one game... people get really bored of all the silly games.  That's not what they really came for.  They came to eat, socialize, watch the mommy open presents and then have cake.  The games are never a highlight... just my opionion.  My favorite game at any shower is the gift bingo.  It's something that is played the entire time the mom is opening presents and you can buy a ton of gifts (i would do at least 5, but you could do as many as you wanted to buy)  and the fun keeps rolling on!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Josiah James

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Naomi Rose

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I personally don't like games, so 1 or 2 is all I would do. 

Prizes- 2, w/ an extra in case of a tie. 

I went to one wedding shower once that easily had 6 games.  It was over an HOUR of just games.  It's was insane and it took so long, we missed the gift opening because I had to leave!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options

Thanks everyone.  I loathe games with a passion but the host asked that I help with this part so Sad

I feel like the baby bingo is a good go to game.  It's easy and can help keep the opening presents party from slowing down too much.

I was researching games and came across one where you froze a doll in a block of water and hung it up.  Then everyone bet on when the baby would be "born" (the ice melting down enough to fall off baby).  Some women told this poster that it was a great idea.  All I had to say was OMFG.

TTC #1 since June 2008
    M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
    Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
    Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
    TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We had 2 'games'.  My mom wanted to give a couple door prizes for the guests.  So after we all ate, everyone had to guess my weight and how big around I am.  She passed around a note pad and pen and everyone had to write down their name and their guess for each.  I wasn't allowed to look at this sheet either...I tried. I know it sounds bad, but it actually wasn't.  They had me stand up and turn around and do the cat walk for everyone so they could get a good look at me.  My mom said I had to work for my presents.  Then when everyone was done writing down their guesses, my mom came out with her scale and tape measurer.  DH's sister won the prize for guessing closest to my wieght, she was only 3 lbs off.  The lowest guess was 115 (yea right...) and the highest was about 30 lbs more than I actually am.  And a friend of ours won for waist meaurement, she guessed it exactly right, down to the half inch.  It actually was fun dispite how embarassing it sounds.

• Options
    i'd go with about 3 games and get 2 prizes each in case of a tie ( if not, the top 2), and one door prize. a great thing for the door prize is to have everyone fill out an envelope for your thank you notes, ( it makes it so much easier) and then just pick one blindly from a bag.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"