Cincinnati Babies

How is everyone? UPDATES PLEASE!

What is new with you, your little ones, your pg, or TTC?  It has been awhile since we did one of these.  Time for an update.  Lurkers, get on in here and post.  Everyone is welcome....unless you have some Disney on Ice marketing to post about.  Stick out tongue
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: How is everyone? UPDATES PLEASE!

• I am still around here, and checking in daily.  I would love to see this board start hopping again.  I see new names posting.  Welcome to all of you! 

DD is finally settling down after a few months of the terrific threes.  I am happy to have my calm and happy girl back.  Still TTC, but winding down.  This will be the last cycle for us.  We have given it 34 cycles, and it is time to look at other options.  Other than that, I am just enjoying the cooler weather, and trying to read a book or two.

• Hi *waves* I'm still around, too :).  Not much is new with me just steady state for now.  I'm taking a cake decorating class and Sunday is the final of this course.  Still going to Jazzercise and should be to 125 classes next week sometime!  On the home front, hubby and I still enjoy the DINK life.  Our furbaby Toby has been a trouble maker lately...he pulled a houdini and magically got off his outdoor lead.  Thank goodness we found him just a few doors down.  He also peed on our couch yesterday.  Bad dog!  But, I can't help to love him and forgive that cute little face...

• Loading the player...
  • I check on here pretty much everyday too.  Cedric is doing great and is 2 years old now.  He isn't loving the rain lately...too much inside time.  So I am dreading the winter when we are stuck inside for days at a time.  He does love the leaves and wearing a jacket.  Baby girl is doing good, we are 23 weeks along tomorrow!  All is looking great with her and she is due to arrive around Feb 18th.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am still here...get on here a lot at work because we can't use facebook.  I wish more people would post on here to so it would give me something to do when I should be working! 

Garrett is great.  He will be 9 weeks tomorrow (crazy how times flys)  I love the new little things he does everyday.  He wakes up so happy and all smiles.  I hate that I have to leave him with a sitter but she is a friend of mine and her lil girl LOVES Garrett and reads to him and things all the time.  My dad had a heart attack two weeks ago.  He passed out and messed up his face pretty bad, had a stomach bleed, and was still having heart problems.  After almost two weeks in two dif hosp he is home with his defibulater and feeling much better.  Other then that nothing to exciting going on...just trying to learn to do the working mommy thing and still have time for SO and myself.  Sure does make a women tired but I wouldn't change it for the world. 

I hope people start posting here!!!  I need something to do while at work!!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Hello all! I still check this board almost daily. DS is 2 1/2 and I'm expecting DD around Jan. 11. I'm super excited about another baby, but I am getting really nervous about having 2 kids! I am a full time teacher, and I am so busy sometimes that I can't stand it.

Today is kind of a sad day for me... I'm probably just hormonal due to pregnancy, but I just get so sad leaving DS every day and I keep thinking about how hard it's going to be leaving 2 babies behind. I love my job, but I wish that I could have the best of both worlds- being with my babies all the time but still teach. I wish that DH made enough money that I could stay home for a couple of years, but that's not in the cards for us right now :(

On the upside of things, I am getting really excited about Halloween! We are going to make our costumes this weekend and carve pumpkins!

Happy Friday everyone!

• ::Waving hi!!:: I check this board almost daily, hoping it starts hopping again with activity, because I am rarely on FB these days. No time after work, grading and playing with the kids at night.

Madelyn is doing very well these days. She is loving her role as the big sis, and she showers Olivia with too many hugs and kisses. Stick out tongue She loves going to her weekly gymnastics class, although she has been labeled as the 'baby' in the class only because she is a good head shorter than the other kids. (They are all 3.5-4 yrs. old..) It has brought out my Momma Bear instinct, and I have spoken with the instructors many times about how she is being treated. They say the tell all the other kids that she is the same age as them, and they need to be nice to her! It's amazing how labels can start during the toddler years. Sigh. She is of course, clueless to all of this, and just enjoys interacting and tumbling with her classmates. She is so sweet.

Olivia is 6 mos. and is thriving! She just started STTN about 2 weeks ago (woo hoo!!) and she has transitioned well to 2 meals of solids a day. She loves veggies and oatmeal! She is up on all 4's, rocking back and forth - we're waiting for her to crawl any day now!! This is such new territory for us, because Madelyn didn't crawl until almost 8 mos. Olivia is really a good baby, and we love seeing our girls interact with one another! 

Me, I'm trying to keep my head above water with teaching, grading, lesson planning, keeping the house clean, and oh, trying to have quality time with the hubs. I am so exhausted every Friday night that I pass out at about 8. I am a rock star. Hope everyone has a great weekend! 

imageimage
    imageimage
  • I'm good. We're about 11 weeks pregnant, expecting Finley to be a big brother sometime in May!

I need to get Fin in a class (maybe Gymboree) because he has so much energy and is exhausting me these days!

Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
    Baby Sister is coming soon!
  • I'm good. We're about 11 weeks pregnant, expecting Finley to be a big brother sometime in May!

I need to get Fin in a class (maybe Gymboree) because he has so much energy and is exhausting me there days!

Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
    Baby Sister is coming soon!
  • Things are great here! Luke is going to be a big brother in April! I'm in that weird period where I haven't gained any weight, I feel better, and I can't feel the baby move yet, so I don't entirely believe it's true. :)

I just took my PhD qualifying exams and I will find out how I did at the beginning of November. I start teaching a second 8-weeks class on Tuesday. Lots of craziness going on here!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi Everyone!

I had surgery a month ago to remove polyps in my ute, but it turned out to be a septum instead.  Having post progesterone AF right now and then on to BCP for a couple months.  Have to schedule another SHG Crying to make sure everything is healing up correctly and then IVF in December.

• Hi!

I'm winding down the pregnancy preparing for our little boy, Alexander.  I still can't believe I'm almost 34 weeks, that just seems crazy to me.  I've loved being pregnant though, even with kicks in the ribs and a terrible sciatic nerve Smile

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm new here...at least to the Cincinnati Board.  So I thought I should introduce myself instead of lurking :)

My husband and I are expecting our first child, a boy, in February.  I'm a teacher in a middle school and he does business sales.  I'm not sure what else to say, haha. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Things our way are relatively well.  Lil Man will be two in Dec.  He has taken to waking up between 430 and 5 every morning though, no matter what time he goes to bed.  Any suggestions on this would be helpful. 

I found out Monday that I have to have surgery yet again.  I need my appendix out.  It has a mucous filled cyst in it that is causing it to be larger than it should be, and the surgeon said if it bursts, it will cause other cysts in my abdomen. I am just glad that we caught this before we decided to TTC.  

Work is work, thats a whole other post in and of itself.  But overall we cant complain! 

• imageandailey:

She loves going to her weekly gymnastics class, although she has been labeled as the 'baby' in the class only because she is a good head shorter than the other kids. (They are all 3.5-4 yrs. old..) It has brought out my Momma Bear instinct, and I have spoken with the instructors many times about how she is being treated. They say the tell all the other kids that she is the same age as them, and they need to be nice to her! It's amazing how labels can start during the toddler years. Sigh. She is of course, clueless to all of this, and just enjoys interacting and tumbling with her classmates. She is so sweet.

I can sooo relate to the little kid in the class thing.  Brenna has that issue at her preschool in the mornings when the bigger kids are mixed together with her class before preschool starts in the morning.   The older kids all want to mother her, and the older boys call her a baby etc.  We have had many convos with DD and her teachers, and the teachers are really good at diffusing things.  She is just small for her age, but she is smart as a whip, and knows they are giving her a hard time.  It has caused some drama.  I feel your pain, but good for you for stepping up and saying that is enough of that.  I hope it gets better.

• imageJessica&Brett:

I'm good. We're about 11 weeks pregnant, expecting Finley to be a big brother sometime in May!

I need to get Fin in a class (maybe Gymboree) because he has so much energy and is exhausting me these days!

Congrats, again!  Hope you are feeling well.

• imageJessica&Brett:

I'm good. We're about 11 weeks pregnant, expecting Finley to be a big brother sometime in May!

Congrats, again!  Hope you are feeling well.

• Hi there!  I keep trying to get better about checking in, but it seems to only happen once a week or so.

Things here are going great.  DS is about 20 months now and just running crazy all the time.  We are hitting a rough patch with dinner where he won't eat anything and prefers to just cry or have a banana, but other than that he is great.

DS#2 is due next week (Wednesday)!  I think we are ready.  I am so nervous about everything, but also so excited to meet the little guy! 

• I don't post very often because I'm more active on Facebook (not the The Bump FB page, because I can't seem to find it - but would like to). Anyways, I live in Dayton, have two daughters and expecting #3 in February. I'm experiencing it all - preschoolers, toddlerhood & pregnancy. I keep busy but always looking for more to do!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am a horrible lurker and only post occasionally on this board (or any other boards for that matter) but I will probably become more active in the near future. 

We are about 8 weeks along with our first LO. I'll be delivering at Christ so I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for you ladies who have delivered there or have used Mt. Auburn OB/GYNs. I hope this board gets going again because I'm going to need some help from westside moms finding daycare and schools down the road! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • After a 2 month break, Im back on the boards. My husband and I are getting divorced. He has moved out and we are doing 50/50 custody.

DS is great He is a happy, giggling, cooing baby. Me? I'm taking it a day at a time.

I returned back to the office this week and its easier to adjust back than I thought. Though I spend the day looking forward to seeing DS again.

• Things are BUSY!!! We had DH's family from England over in September for Calvin's baptism and that weekend my mom had to have three heart stents put in!  Thank goodness she didn't have a heart attack though!

Miss Cerys is growing and talking away!  She'll be 17 months on the 10th.  She says about thirty words already!  Last week she went up to Calvin, kissed him and said "Lub YOU!".  I MELTED!! She has tantrums some, screaming if she doesn't get her way but I figure that is typical 1 year old! 

Calvin is HUGE!! I have been fortunate to be able to EBF him like I did Cerys but since I got an IUD hopefully I won't get pregnant and stop making milk! :)  He rolls over now, so I am constantly rolling him back so he doesn't rub his face all over the floors!  He's almost completely outgrown his bouncer and swing!  He's already over 16 lbs!~  I take him for his checkup on Thursday.

Other than that we've spent most of October in Louisville for weddings.  I am hoping things settle down now!  I got the Mirena and after two monhts I still have a lot of bleeding but I don't trust other methods to prevent pregnancy and we are going to wait at LEAST two years to decide if we want a 3rd little one!

I'm looking forward to the trick or treaters tonight! 

image Momma to Ms. C age 16 months and Mr. C age 3 months!
  • It's Emily. Our little girl was born on 10/21/11. She was induced at 38 weeks 2 days due to my pregnancy related hypertension that just kept getting worse. Delivery went without too many complications, MD's had trouble maintaining a safe blood pressure on me and maintaining a good heartbeat on LO. Luckily things got sorted out in time that I was able to avoid a c-section. Had a great experience at Good Sam.

Things are going pretty well here, just getting adjusted to the changes in life now. Our dog is fantastic with the baby, and I'm excited that  I'm officially a SAHM now!

• imagejillane513:

I am a horrible lurker and only post occasionally on this board (or any other boards for that matter) but I will probably become more active in the near future. 

We are about 8 weeks along with our first LO. I'll be delivering at Christ so I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for you ladies who have delivered there or have used Mt. Auburn OB/GYNs. I hope this board gets going again because I'm going to need some help from westside moms finding daycare and schools down the road! 

Jill! Congratulations! I've seen you post a few times, but never said hi. I'm so happy for you and Mark! I hope your pregnancy goes great!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"