May 2011 Moms

Those with 7pm bedtime

If your LO goes to bed at around 7 pm, what time do they wake up? How many times during the night and what time do they start the day in the morning? I'm having a hard time gaging how long DS2 should be sleeping. He currently goes to sleep at 7pm, wakes up starving at 5 am and then back to sleep until 7:30 am. Napping is pretty good; not long or not too short.
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Those with 7pm bedtime

• We do a 7ish bedtime, usually DD finished a 6 oz bottle at about 7:15 or so.  She sleeps from 7:30ish to 6:30-7:00 usually, and eats about a half hour after she wakes up.  She does not get a night feeding and hasn't since she was weeks old.

Do you cluster feed?  DD gets a bottle every 3ish hours, except sometimes more or less time between the 2 last ones.  Usually less.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I do a cluster feed at 6 pm and then 7pm right before bed. I think, though, my supply is pretty low that time of day (BF).  But, you answered my question in that expecting DS2 to sleep 7-7 without food isn't asking too much at this age.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAZ123:
    I do a cluster feed at 6 pm and then 7pm right before bed. I think, though, my supply is pretty low that time of day (BF).  But, you answered my question in that expecting DS2 to sleep 7-7 without food isn't asking too much at this age.

I think it depends a little on daytime naps, too.  If LO naps really well, then s/he may not sleep the full 12 hours.  We were doing 7-7 but her naps were crap.  Now we do 8-7 and she takes longer naps.

• But also note that if they don't nap well, they might not sleep well either.  Such a slippery slope.  Another thing, and I don't breastfeed and never did, so I am clueless, but if your supply is low, maybe your LO isn't getting enough before bed?  Perhaps supplement...? 
  • DD goes to bed between 7 and 7:30.  I have tried moving it back but she is so tired by that time of day, I can't keep her awake any longer. 

She *usually* only wakes once per night between 1-3 am for a feeding, then wakes up for the day between 7 and 7:30. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DD sleeps from 7-6:30 or 7.

Since we moved her to 4, 8 oz bottles a day, she's been napping at least 1.5 hours in the a.m. and 1.5 hours in the p.m. She still might take a 15-20 catnap too, but really that usually happens in the car or out and about.

I do agree with Pook that it really depends on your specific baby's needs. Some babies don't need the full 12 hours of night sleep and only sleep 10, but they nap like champs. You just have to kind of see what pattern your LO falls into.

• imageAZ123:
    If your LO goes to bed at around 7 pm, what time do they wake up? How many times during the night and what time do they start the day in the morning? I'm having a hard time gaging how long DS2 should be sleeping. He currently goes to sleep at 7pm, wakes up starving at 5 am and then back to sleep until 7:30 am. Napping is pretty good; not long or not too short.

This is our schedule exactly, although I can't get him to sleep until 1:30, he's usually up for good by 6:30.

• imageAZ123:

This is our schedule exactly, although I can't get him to sleep until 7:30, he's usually up for good by 6:30.

• My son is almost on the exact same schedule as you LO.  He goes to bed between 6:30-8 and wakes up between 4:30-5:30 then goes back to sleep until about 7:30-8:30. 

He eats about 6oz when he wakes at the 4:30-5:30 time.

• DD is usually asleep around 7:30-8:00... sleeps straight through until about 6 and then is up for the day.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• My DD has always been a horrible napper--even at 3 or 4 days old there were times she would just be alert and awake for a few hours. 

Most days her nap time is 2 hours total--either one nap or two hour ones.

However, she desperately wants to go to bed by 6pm at night. Usually I am able to have her make it to 6:40--but that is pushing it. She sleeps until we wake her up around 7 am when she needs to eat and get dropped. She pretty much STTN, except for a 2:30 fussy cry for the pacifier or that she rolled onto her stomach and can't get back.  

My daughter is my hero.
  • Bedtime at 7pm, then I wake her up at 6:30am to eat before I go to work.  On the weekends she will wake up to eat around 6:30 and then go right back to sleep until about 8:30am.
  • He goes down around 7 and is up around 7 for the day. He is not eating in between now, but a few weeks ago he was doing the 5am wake to feed, which his pedi said was ok.  Once he's awake at 7, he will be up for 1-2 hours and then goes down for a nap. He is a good napper and a good eater.

• DS goes to bed around 7ish (sometimes it is closer to 8 if he took a super late nap.)  He wakes up a million times, but typically doesn't eat until between 4-5 the next morning and then he goes back down until 8-9 when he is up for  the day. I usually feed him at 4:30, 6:30, and then again immediately before he goes in his bad so usually 7ish.

He typically takes 3 naps throughout the day that range from 30 minutes to an hour.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"