Military Families
Options

Hubby at work and i can't drive?

I don't have my license yet. How am i supposed to drive my daughter to early doctor's appointments on-base?

Re: Hubby at work and i can't drive?

• Options

Well, top of the priority list would be getting your license ASAP.  Until then is there anybody, maybe another spouse in the unit, that you can call to drive you there?  A bus that you can take?  A cab company you can call?  Is it close enough to walk? 

You have to find a solution that doesn't involve your husband missing work all the time to take you where you need to go.  You also need to figure out what you would do in an emergency (maybe your daughter suddenly spikes a high fever that warrants an immediate doctor's visit, but isn't something Tricare would pay for an ambulance for). 

• Options
    Get your license or make friends with access to a vehicle.
    m/c @ 6 weeks - March 2013 
    m/c @ 5 weeks - April 2013 
    m/c @ 7 weeks - December 2013, D & C 12/27/2013 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    why don't you have your license? this post seems pointless since it's an easy solution.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagepreppymama:
    why don't you have your license? this post seems pointless since it's an easy solution.

Yes, I am wondering why this question has even been asked. 

• Options
    imageElla&C:

imagepreppymama:

Yes, I am wondering why this question has even been asked. 

Her profile says that she turned 16 two months before having her daughter. So, time and money makes this more of a challenge for this family, I would imagine.

OP, are there any friends of yours or your DH who could help you? Could you trade services? You could babysit or clean house as a swap for rides to appointments. That way you aren't expecting others to simply provide for you and your daughter.

Have you talked with your DH about a plan to get your drivers license? If/when your DH deploys, having the ability to provide transportation for yourself is crucial. Being able to be independent is important for you as well as for your DH's peace of mind. (When he's away, it is important for him to know that you are able to take proper care of yourself, your child and your home.)
  • Options
    NSLNSL member
    You need a driver's license, period.  Save the money, find the time, and get driver's ed and a trip to the DMV at the top of your priority list.
  • Options
    So I'm kinda suspicious about this whole topic, but here goes. If you really are 15/16, pregnant, and married, then I'm assuming you're emancipated. Most states have a hardship license that you can get underage because you are a parent and will need the ability to drive. Call the DMV. Or find the closest bus stop/cab company.
    ~*~ Nikki ~*~ DS born 2/18/08! TTC #2 since 01/2009 11/01 Round #5 Clomid 100 mg, IUI 11/14, at 10dpiui 11/26 Beta:12dpiui 114 11/29 Beta:15dpiui 755 1/9/10 First U/S: TRIPLETS! 6/20/11 And then there were six... http://andbabiesmakesix.wordpress.com/ Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

There are a lot of military bases that have bus transportation (especially if it is a training base). However, I don't know whether or not yours would. The base we are currently stationed at doesn't provide that service unfortunately. I would find out if there are transportation services available.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"