Canada Babies
Options

Neo Citran

Anybody out there know if Neo Citran is safe to take while pregnant? I tried to google it but I got different answers. I'm not sure if they were refering to different types like daytime vs nighttime...? I have a headcold coming on and I love taking it because it works so well but I know its kind of a mix of different things so I don't know if it is all safe. Has anybody asked their doctor this question before? Also if its not safe what is a good alternative? I can't use Vicks because it makes my skin break out really badly.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Neo Citran

• Options

I'm not sure about NeoCitran specifically, but it probably comes down to the components in it.  Acetaminophen is fine, but I'm not sure about the others.

Check out www.motherisk.org, it's got a bunch of information on different drugs.  Also there is SafeFetus (though I can't connect to it right now) that has a drug checker.  You best bet is probably just to call your doctor though, they'd be able to make suggestions if it's not safe.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I don't really have a doctor yet. I called an office and made an appointment for the 31st so as of right now I don't have a doctor per say...and no family doctor either since we move around a lot. Can I just call the office where I made my appointment or will they not give me any advice since they don't know me yet...?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you have a nurse line you can call? In ns you can call 811 to speak to a registered nurse 24/7. I think a lot of the provinces have a similar service. I'd give that a try
    Nevermind me, I'm too distracted by my mini-carrots to think properly image
    ~Fitness Blog~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Are you in Ontario littlefish?  You could always call Telehealth.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am in Ontario but we only recently moved here and I've never heard of it. Thanks for the tip, I'll look it up because the pharmacists recommendation of Fishermans Friend lozenges and vicks nasal inhaler is not getting rid of my chest cold, just making it easier for me to breath through my nose. :(

• Options

Just a follow up to my post incase it sparked any general wonder about it as well:

I have ben told by my Dr and the local pharmacist that Neo Citran is a no. Its not something that's been tested and proven so its not a contraindication on the box but the combo of meds in it makes it too iffy for them to safely recommend.

• Options

I wouldn't risk it.  What I would do is take a couple tylenol and then make yourself a homemade neocitran (lots of honey, lots of lemon juice, hot water).  Better safe than sorry. The other day I grabbed what I thought was tylenol from the cupboard and downed one... then realized I'd taken a Tylenol Cold and Flu.... I am sure it wont harm the baby drastically, but I still feel horribly guilty... avoid second guessing yourself and play it safe : )

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"