May 2011 Moms

Baby name remorse?

https://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/do-you-have-baby-naming-remorse-youre-not-alone-says-new-poll-2579685/

So any regrets? I would think most people don't. 1 in 10 do have some regrets apparently.

I love E's name. I wouldn't change it for the world. I think if I had to pick something about it I didn't like it would be how long of a name she has but really when she's in school I don't think it will be much of an issue because Eliza is much shorter. How often will she write Elizabeth Josephine on her papers?  

Also, um, Huxley?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more

Re: Baby name remorse?

• imagemullenem:

wow Huxley is terrible.  Ralph isn't great (NMS at least) but Huxley is BAD.  Poor kid.

I definitely don't regret our name choice.  Audrey fits her and we actually find ourselves using her full name quite often - Audrey Anne.  My husband has decided that her Ultimate Fighting name will be Audrey the Anne-imal...Confused

LMAO!

To OP: In the begnning I secretly felt remorse, I felt like I never found the right one and we had to rush (LO wasn't named until I left the hospital, we had some picked out but wanted to wait to meet him) I don't regret it now, it suits him. I agree with the article about the trendy names. 20 years from now all the Averies, Addisons and all the boy names ending in "aden" will be the Jeniffers and Stephanies of my generation.

• Nope I love it.  I'm also glad we went with the middle name that we did.. since that was more of the wtf choice than the first name.  I call her by her full name almost daily and ironically i use the wrong last name have the time because i say my grandma's last name to finish out the name on accident. whoops.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagepinkflipflops44:

Nope I love it.  I'm also glad we went with the middle name that we did.. since that was more of the wtf choice than the first name.  I call her by her full name almost daily and ironically i use the wrong last name have the time because i say my grandma's last name to finish out the name on accident. whoops.

I've always been jealous you got to use Isla.  I loved loved loved it, but DH wasn't having it, and then we were team blue anyways.  If I get to be team pink next time I'm going to fight harder :)

Also, is terrible I don't mind Huxley?  I wouldn't use it.. but think its a cute kid name and a masculine man name.... judge me.

I haven't regretted LO's name for a second. I wonder if its REALLY 1 out of 10. 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At times, I've wished we'd used a different middle name for Violet.  Her middle name is Eliana, which DH chose.  We both loved the meaning and the way it flows with Violet.  But it seems to be increasing in popularity so quickly; I've met several people with babies named Eliana or who have said it's their #1 name choice for a future daughter.  It isn't a big deal though, because it's just her MN.  
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • No remorse. I always said I would wait to meet my LO before naming him or her, but then when pg with DS, I just knew that his name was "Ben". We had also talked about James, but that just wasn't his name. 

Now that he's here, his name fits him perfectly, I think. It's always been one of my favorites, though, so I didn't have any major concerns going in with it picked out. 

• imagemullenem:

wow Huxley is terrible.  Ralph isn't great (NMS at least) but Huxley is BAD.  Poor kid.

I definitely don't regret our name choice.  Audrey fits her and we actually find ourselves using her full name quite often - Audrey Anne.  My husband has decided that her Ultimate Fighting name will be Audrey the Anne-imal...Confused

Love love love the name Audrey. I may be pushing for that if we have a girl. The problem is, there's too many girls names I love! 

• i love that we named her norah.  it totally suits her. 

i don't really mind huxley though.  at least it's spelled right.  

bound to cover just a little more ground Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No no remorse here...love my DD name: Eva Valentina!!!!

I love my EEEEEEva!!!! (Wall-eee) lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love my child's name. We had a hard time picking one out and didn't pick until he was born. Silas was always the 1st choice, but I wasn't sure if it would fit him.
    It fits him perfectly and I think if I would have named him anything else I'd regret it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My only regret is that Owen is pretty common right now. But it's grown to suit our guy, so I can't imagine what else he'd be.

DH is threatening Hawksley if we have a second boy. I'm rooting for a girl so I can name her Zella after my great-grandma. Although apparently said great-grandma begged people not to give anyone else her terrible name. Wink

• No regrets here--I absolutely love her name, it just fits her so well!
    My daughter is my hero.
  • I have no name remorse either. I love that we chose Willem instead of William, even though everyone always mispronounces it as 'William' anyway.
  • I love DD's name I just wish that Audrey wasn't so popular right now. After we chose the name I saw like 4 other Audrey Lynn on The Bump. She is named after DH great Aunt and the MN is DH mom and sister MN

• imageMcAllie5:

No remorse. I always said I would wait to meet my LO before naming him or her, but then when pg with DS, I just knew that his name was "Ben". We had also talked about James, but that just wasn't his name. 

Now that he's here, his name fits him perfectly, I think. It's always been one of my favorites, though, so I didn't have any major concerns going in with it picked out. 

Ha! Benjamin was the first name I came up with and all along the pg we had a long list of "possibles" with James being second, it wasn't until he was born I said, "nope, he's not a James" Isn't that funny?! And after debating so many others right before we left the hospital I ended up picking my first choice, he goes by Ben. I noticed there are a couple Benjamin's on the May board. What's your Ben's MN? My Ben's is Michael (DH's MN).

• I loved "Elena" because I didn't know anyone else who had that name...and 2 months before she was born, a friend of mine posted that his wife gave birth and they named her Elena something.  I was like, WTF!  Not that we're close friends anyway so it's no big deal, just annoyed me at the time (hormones really). 

But I still love it -- my little Elena Jane  Smile

• imagetokenhoser:

My only regret is that Owen is pretty common right now. But it's grown to suit our guy, so I can't imagine what else he'd be.

DH is threatening Hawksley if we have a second boy. I'm rooting for a girl so I can name her Zella after my great-grandma. Although apparently said great-grandma begged people not to give anyone else her terrible name. Wink

I think Zella is really cute.  My great-grandmothers' names are Bertha and Ethel, so I don't think I'll be using theirs...

• Let me start by saing I LOVE LO's name, it totally fits him.  But... when he was born and we heard "its a boy".  I immeditaly called him by his name, Thatcher, and it felt so wierd.  I started second guessing myself.  I think it was more because Ididn't know what we were having and so I hadn't had time to get used to calling him by the name.  I think I felt that way for the first week. 

Now I couldn't imagine any other name!

His three plus my one; we are all excited to welcome a little one!

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageL&K508:

Let me start by saing I LOVE LO's name, it totally fits him.  But... when he was born and we heard "its a boy".  I immeditaly called him by his name, Thatcher, and it felt so wierd.  I started second guessing myself.  I think it was more because Ididn't know what we were having and so I hadn't had time to get used to calling him by the name.  I think I felt that way for the first week. 

Now I couldn't imagine any other name!

I'm pushing for Thatcher if we ever have a boy! DH says no way, but I love it!

• I love names, I cannot wait to name another baby.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm really happy with the name Amalia. It is her great-great-great grandmother's name. But I was surprised about how many people assumed we would be nicknaming her Molly. If I wanted to name her Molly, I would have named her that.
  • imageSteph&Harry08:

To OP: In the begnning I secretly felt remorse, I felt like I never found the right one and we had to rush (LO wasn't named until I left the hospital, we had some picked out but wanted to wait to meet him) I don't regret it now, it suits him. I agree with the article about the trendy names. 20 years from now all the Averies, Addisons and all the boy names ending in "aden" will be the Jeniffers and Stephanies of my generation.

This was me too.  We had a hard time agreeing on a boy name and we had a girl name all set from the beginning.  So of course, we had a boy.  I wanted to name him August and Augusto was really a compromise name.  But it's grown on me and I think the nn Gus really suits him.  

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageSteph&Harry08:
    imageMcAllie5:

No remorse. I always said I would wait to meet my LO before naming him or her, but then when pg with DS, I just knew that his name was "Ben". We had also talked about James, but that just wasn't his name. 

Ha! Benjamin was the first name I came up with and all along the pg we had a long list of "possibles" with James being second, it wasn't until he was born I said, "nope, he's not a James" Isn't that funny?! And after debating so many others right before we left the hospital I ended up picking my first choice, he goes by Ben. I noticed there are a couple Benjamin's on the May board. What's your Ben's MN? My Ben's is Michael (DH's MN).

I was a little sad to see so many other Ben's on here.  I'm hoping it doesn't end up on the top of the popularity list. 

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Nope, I think the boys' names are perfect for them and for us. I wouldn't change a thing. Originally, Jack was going to be named Desmond (which I still don't mind), but it never felt right. I definitely would have had namer's remorse if we'd ended up choosing it in the end!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Both of our number one choices were Benjamin.  But DH has a cousin named Ben, our friends named their son Ben, and there are two boys at church named Ben.  So the only other name we could agree on was Jackson (which I have loved since I started dreaming of having babies).  I was a little bummed at first that we let others influence our choice but once I saw his face I wouldn't have it any other way.  I love my little Jack-Jack!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Uploaded from the Photobucket Android AppBabyName Ticker
  • I don't have any remorse for his first name, I still love it. This is kind of funny since I did not like it at first and it totally grew on me. The only thing that bugs me is that some of my older relatives keep saying it's a "big man's name" (which don't ask me what that means) but I'm not bothered because, well, he'll be a "big man" for a lot longer than he'll be a baby. 

I sort of regret his middle name, though it flows well. I thought I'd never, ever use it but I do, all the time, together with his first name. It's MIL's maiden name. I grow to dislike her more and more as her and my FIL act towards us and my son, and I regret giving them the honor. I guess if I loved the name I could get over it but it was a compromise name for me.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagekatieandjeffie:

Both of our number one choices were Benjamin.  But DH has a cousin named Ben, our friends named their son Ben, and there are two boys at church named Ben.  So the only other name we could agree on was Jackson (which I have loved since I started dreaming of having babies).  I was a little bummed at first that we let others influence our choice but once I saw his face I wouldn't have it any other way.  I love my little Jack-Jack!

DH's name is Benjamin Jackson.  :) 

• To OP - never regret naming your child Elizabeth!  I have had that name my whole life, and there is a nickname for every personality from that name.  Liz, Beth, Eliza, Lizzy, Betty.... (I'm a Liz for sure).  Its a great classic name.  I might be biased though :)

I have no regrets for naming my sweet DD Emma.  We decided on the name in about 10 minutes before I was even pregnant.  If we have another girl whenever we decide to have another one, it will be a tough decision I think.  A boy, its a done deal.  He will be David Robert.  David is my DH (and FIL's) name.  Robert is my dad and Grandfather's name.

Like Kacelle - my Grandmother's names were Bertha and Leona.  So yeah... they won't be used unfortunately.

• I'm still not in love with the name Kaitlin, it was DH's choice.  I pushed hard to name our first Ankaret - which is a very special name in my family, so this time stepped back and I let him make the final decision with Kaitlin.
    Children should be seen, and heard, and believed. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love my daughters first name Camden.  However, I have mixed feelings on her middle name Rose.  EVERYONE is using rose.  The hospital was getting upset with us because we hadn't finalized her name yet and I was getting ready to be discharged from my C-Section (4 days in the hospital) so we felt pressured to come up with a middle name and rose it was.
    If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love our name choice, we both loved Logan before I was pregnant. My  mn choice was Riley but DH thought it was too "girly" so we went with Alexander which was one of the names on my top first name list. If we have another boy I think he will be named Liam Michael (Michael is my husbands name) and we still love our girl name from before we found out we were having a boy so if we have a girl her name will be Maya Olivia.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageEJChapman123:

To OP - never regret naming your child Elizabeth!  I have had that name my whole life, and there is a nickname for every personality from that name.  Liz, Beth, Eliza, Lizzy, Betty.... (I'm a Liz for sure).  Its a great classic name.  I might be biased though :)

I have no regrets for naming my sweet DD Emma.  We decided on the name in about 10 minutes before I was even pregnant.  If we have another girl whenever we decide to have another one, it will be a tough decision I think.  A boy, its a done deal.  He will be David Robert.  David is my DH (and FIL's) name.  Robert is my dad and Grandfather's name.

Like Kacelle - my Grandmother's names were Bertha and Leona.  So yeah... they won't be used unfortunately.

I love Leona.  It was tossed around in my head, but I knew DH wouldn't go for it.

I also have no regret naming our daugther Charlotte.  I see it a lot on the bump, but never IRL in my area.  Even if there was a lot of Charlotte's I wouldn't care because she is MY Charlotte Big Smile

DD 5/23/11 - DS 11/20/12 - BFP 1/10/16; EDD 9/22/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

valentines day sexy justin bieber heart 2011
  • No remorse here. We are happy with her name and that it will work for her both as a little girl and as a grown woman. We mostly call her by her nickname Rosie, but she can always go by her given name Rose as an adult.
    DD1: May 2011
    DD2: February 2014

• No remorse at all. His name is perfect for him. Yes
    Photobucket
  • Lila should have been Josephine. It is OK, Lila is growing on her, but I still think we should have gone with another J name, all Duggar style. 
  • imageAnneShirleyBlythe:
    Lila should have been Josephine. It is OK, Lila is growing on her, but I still think we should have gone with another J name, all Duggar style. 

Like MEEEE!!!

I have random regrets about not spelling her name Cecelia, instead of Cecilia. EVERYONE spells it the other way. Or they make up their own spelling. I really didn't know it was such a difficult name to spell, but apparently it's quite challenging for some. ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLisa Frank:

imageAnneShirleyBlythe:
    Lila should have been Josephine. It is OK, Lila is growing on her, but I still think we should have gone with another J name, all Duggar style. 

Like MEEEE!!!

I have random regrets about not spelling her name Cecelia, instead of Cecilia. EVERYONE spells it the other way. Or they make up their own spelling. I really didn't know it was such a difficult name to spell, but apparently it's quite challenging for some. ;)

Sissileagh would have been my choice :-)

I like your spelling WAY better. Don't even ask why, it just is easier on the eye IMO.  

• I still love Xander as a nickname for Alexander but I was never really happy with his middle name. I've realized it's not really important but I wish 1) that my brother and his wife would have told us they were using it before their baby was born (we told them we planned to use it before either of us had conceived) or 2) DH had been okay with both boys having the same middle name (when my nephew was born I was 7 months pg, at 8 months DH told me he wanted to change the middle name as he didn't like that my brother and his wife had just used it).

I still like Alexander William better than Alexander Scott but life goes on.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"