10 Weeks Pregnant

Welcome to Week 10!

Welcome to Week 10 of your pregnancy! Chat with other Week 10 Bumpies here.

Re: Welcome to Week 10!

• I am so nausous all day long! My DH keeps asking me whats wrong and I'm like what do you mean, Im pregnant! I don't feel good! Geesh! Why can't men figure this out! He thinks I am mad at him all the time! I just don't feel good! I just wish I was in my 2nd tri already!!
  • I know exactly how you feel.  My supervisor gives me attitude because I look and feel miserable all day everyday.  I tell him I can't help it!  I am counting the days till the 2nd trimester.  I just want to feel somewhat normal again and be able to eat.  I have been on Zofran since about 5 or 6 weeks.  I can't keep anything down with out it.  I hope you aren't that bad?  I wouldn't wish this nausea and vomiting on my worst enemy.  Good luck and take care.  Smile 
  • Loading the player...
  • Obviously lurking, but I hate to break it ti you ladies, it might never go away. Seriously. I had all day m/s and I stopped being nauseous after I gave birth.

Hope your pregnancies get better. Smile GL!

• At least we are 1/4 of the way there, ladies!  My son's Big Brother tshirt finally came today and we are using it to tell my parents this weekend.  I would've waited until 12 weeks, but I need my mom to watch my little guy so I can go to my appt. next Monday.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had no idea being pregnant was like being hung over for ten weeks! Really?  However, this is a miracle baby.  I had a partial hysterectomy in 2006, tried clomid, progestern?, IVF, the whole deal.  Remarried in May of this year and SUPRISE!  So here we go, I have never been pregnant and was unaware that if feels like a body invasion.  I can't wait for second trimester either ladies.
  • It is very strange to me to see everyone talking about m/s. I am 30 and this is my 1st pregnancy and i have had very little in the way of symptoms. My boobs hurt and i've had a lot of "round ligament" pain....that's about it! I feel bad for all the ladies out there that are so miserable. I hope it gets better for all of you. The 2nd trimester is right about the corner!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am in the same boat as pp I am almost 20 and have very few symptoms. I have been tired all day long, my boobs have been sore and the weird dreams are a doozy but not really having any m/s. I wish every one luck and this btw is my first pregnancy as well
  • My hips and pelvis are sooo hurting the last few days!  I feel like my right hip is out of place and needs to be popped and pushed back in.  I honestly am worried I'm going to feel like this the whole pregnancy since I remember this being a third trimester thing.  Anyone else feeling like there hips are being broken and stretched?  It just doesn't feel like a normal pain!  This is my third pregnancy by the way, so wondering if that could be why it hurts so early....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My m/s finally let up about a week and a half ago - thank god!! I was sick from 8am-8pm, and my sense of smell was out of control.. all of a sudden it just went away! I feel so lucky it let up before the 2nd tri kicked in, but hopefully you guys have that soon too. :)
  • I so understand what you are gong through. No they absolutley do not get it, this is my third pregnancy and it seems like dejavu the same ?'s over and over My Morning/ All day sickness has slowed a lot going into my second trimester I wish you the best of luck and from my experience it does get better so keep a look for the light at the end of the tunel it's there.
  • I didn't have any m/s with my first pregnancy either.  My friend calls it 'first child syndrome'.  Last year I miscarried at 9.5 weeks and I was horribly sick from week 6 until I lost the baby.  I was even hospitalized for 3 days for dehydration because I couldn't even keep water down for more than 5 minutes.  This pregnancy isn't nearly as bad as that, but I am really sick all day long.  Some days I can make it through without running back and forth to the bathroom, other days I'm not so lucky.  Sometimes I feel like the throwing up isn't nearly as bad as being nauseous all day long because at least I get a few minutes of peace after I leave the bathroom.  But I have found that constantly snacking on something helps.  Lately I have been eating fruit popsicles throughout the day and it has really helped.  Granted there are days where nothing helps, but I'm really hoping I only have a few more weeks to worry about being sick.  First OB appt is tomorrow so I guess we shall see!  Good luck to everyone waiting on m/s to pass!!!!  xoxo
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedanandbethg:
    It is very strange to me to see everyone talking about m/s. I am 30 and this is my 1st pregnancy and i have had very little in the way of symptoms. My boobs hurt and i've had a lot of "round ligament" pain....that's about it! I feel bad for all the ladies out there that are so miserable. I hope it gets better for all of you. The 2nd trimester is right about the corner!

My first pregnancy I had no idea I was preggo till 3 months!  The only symptom was being tired and emotional which I attributed to my ex husband leaving for basic training.  And other than thaat the last two months I would get dizzy while standing for long periods of time.  This pregnancy has been completely different!

• I was queasy/motion sick from the get go. Now at 10 weeks, the queasies have left me, but my boobs are sore, fatigue is ridiculous, and my intestinal performance has been atrocious. Another thing I've just started experiencing...a very, VERY tender lower abdominal area, around 3-4 inches below my belly button. I'm not really 'showing'--I just have gas/bloating like no other causing a belly pooch--but in the tender area, it feels like mild menstrual cramps on the inside, but the skin feels tender, too, in an achy, bruised sort of way. It hurts just to touch it, and it goes without saying that I don't want anyone else touching it, either! lol Anyone else experiencing this??
  • yes i do my hips my back omggg im on child number 7 and i 43 omg  but thats pregnancy were are mothers to be we are built to handle pain lol i know men cant do it just luck hang in there 
  • gekeler6 - My hips have been hurting me for the last few days as well. At first I didn't think it had anything to do with the pregnancy but it turns out it does. This is my first pregnancy so I'm basically learning something new EVERY DAY! Good luck!
  • This is my first pregnancy and I haven't had m/s, although I am nauseous a bit in the evenings.. I also get VERY bloated in the evenings like CRAZY! My boobs hurts and I burp/fart non stop at night.. thankfully my hubby laughs by now.. When I get headaches I find sugary things (like grapes and apple juice) help... I'm hungry more often in the day than at night.. sometimes I feel out of breath.. like I am not doing much but feel like I was just wacked or ran a few miles and need to sit down and take deep breaths ... i pee constantly! 3 times in the night for sure.. and just really tired.. in bed by 8:30! Trying to hide it from collegues for another 3 weeks..getting harder because my boobs are bigger and I'm showing a bit too..everyday is something new!
  • this is my first pregnancy and i've had no ms! i'm very thankful for that and hopefully it won't sneak up on me any time soon :)

i have been so completely exhausted and hungry, and my boobs are so sor it wakes me up at night if i move in my sleep. also, getting up 6 times to pee in the middle of the night is not cool!!! haha

but i am excited to see how everything is going to progress. i'm starting to show a little tiny bit and i'm fighting the urge to go get an entire maternity wardrobe!

manda666 *EDD 5/11/12*

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Who Hoo Zofran! Ive been on zofran for like 3 weeks, ive only missed 3 days w/o zofran. Without it im laying down sick trying not to puke for like 4 hours. So Ive decided that at the 1st hint of sickness I pop a zofran and within 10 min im eating again!
  • I have had absolutely no nausea ( I know, lucky me!).  But within the last week, I've started to have really bad indigestion.  Is anyone else feeling this way?

• I had been feeling nauseous for several weeks and then magically around week 8 or so it stopped. Besides tired and sore breasts and the occasional heart burn, I feel good. I feel so good that I'm scared.  I heard that your hormones can level out between week 8-12 and that you can start feeling better.  Is anyone else feeling great AND worried about it?
  • EXCITED ABOUT MY FIRST PRENATAL VISIT TODAY!!!!
  • I am in a similar boat...I fortunately never experienced any nausea but my breasts were extremely tender. We saw and heard a heartbeat at 7 weeks and a few days ago (around 9.5 weeks) my breasts didn't feel that sore anymore. I still have discharge but other than that I feel fine (well except for the head cold I have right now!). I have an appointment tomorrow with my midwife and I hope she can hear a heartbeat in the office with a doppler. I almost wish I was nauseous with sore boobs just to know I was pregnant!
  • Ok so I haven't had my first appointment yet because they wanted me to wait until I am almost 12 weeks. I am so miserable throwing everything up that I eat all day long. If anyone has any advice on food that stays down or on any tricks that help relieve nausea that would be wonderful! I feel like I've tried everything in the book but maybe there's something I missed! 
  • I totally hear ya.  I had everything from; dizziness to tiredness to nausea all day long, which I have to eat every two to three hours to keep the nausea away, but since last week at week 9 I started feeling a bit better as far as the nausea part, seems to have faded a little bit, still there but not as strong.  Still tired though and sore breast.  It almost makes you think that since everything seems to have subsided that something might be wrong.  But I am trying to stay calm and positive and wait till my IPS in the next two weeks, that should give us some kind of indication hopefully that he/she is fine in there and growing by then I will be at 12 weeks. So keep positive thoughts and fingers crossed for all the newbies.
    Tanya Long
  • It's completely normal for your hips to be sore at this point- they're already shifting/changing and will continue to do so to accomidate your growing baby and birth.

One thing that has helped me a bit is sleeping with a pillow between my legs.. by now you should think about no longer sleeping on your back (if you're still doing so), because it can cut down on your circulation. But sleeping on your side (especially with one leg in front of the other) puts strain on your hips. Warm baths have also helped too!

• You definetely should NOT wait until 12 weeks to go in if you're sick. There are medications they can give you (Zofran has helped me)... if you continue to vomit you could get very dehydrated. I have been going in for IV therapy for the last 2 weeks, and I recommend you do the same if you're throwing everything up. Dehydration can be very dangerous if left untreated!
  • So, I had completely jinxed myself with this one. When I was pregnant with DS, I had absolutely no morning sickness. Now that I'm pregnant with #2, I've had morning sickness/all day sickness that has not let up and has actually started within the third week. Sometimes, Zofran doesn't even cut it, and now got a prescription of Pfenegrin to help where the other one leaves off. You know, maybe I shouldn't have bragged about not having morning sickness before, because it definitely made up for it this time around. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Cat tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I know EXACTLY how you feel!
  • WOOHOO teeny tiny baby bump! yes I check every day :) FTM so I'm super excited to actually see something to remind me I'm pregnant (my symptoms come and go) Was just sitting here rubbing lotion on the belly cause it itches from the growing pains and BAM!! there it was. A TINY little bump at the very bottom, right side. It just looks like my tummy is lop-sided but that's really exciting for me. Anyone else just barely notice something there? Or am I just happy over nothing? lol
  • @ Mego...Congratulations!! I'm not a FTM and my bump is way more than just a little thing at this point. So much so that we have to tell the kids this weekend - I can't hide behind sweaters and sweatshirts anymore and they're all old enough to know (18, 15 and almost 14).

You have GREAT reason to be happy!! Such a wonderful little miracle happening right now inside of you. I wish nothing but the best for you and yours on this magical journey! 

• I am new to this site and posting- I enjoy reading all about my pregnancy and what other mommies have to say.  This is my third pregnancy and I am over 40- I am a little scared but am so excited at the same time!  I was a single mother for my first two children and have a loving husband this time..

I am making my appointment for prenatal now- I am not looking forward to the first appointment; it takes forever, but I would like to hear the heartbeat...

I feel great, am taking my prenatal vitamins... working out, walking every day for an hour- my boobs are killing me.. and my waist has expanded so fast! What is that all about?? I am eating double the amount as before.. and craving lime gatorade..

Nicole..
  • I'm 10 weeks now & Thank God I haven't feel nauseous hopefully I stay like this

Advise: If you feel nauseous smell lemon or orange or try Squirt(the soda) and add lemon to it

• ive been feeling a bit like that too, but im still feeling sick constantly, cant wait for that to be over, apparently the achiness is normal, but thats what the website says.. but ive always felt a slight pressure there, thats what made me first think i was pregnant because i had never felt it before, some times the feeling is stronger almost like my uterus is throbing slightly, its a strange feeling. one tip i got was if your feeling the pain one one side of your body is to lie on the oposite side and thats suppsoed to help, not sure how it does but it may help you.
  • Not sure how many of you ladies have tried this but I have been going and getting Vitamin B6 shots at my OB office. It seems to be my miracle maker with this nausea and M/S. I have been getting sick since week 4 (actually was getting sick before I even knew I was preggers), I went and got a B6 shot after a friend reccommended trying it and I was good for about a week. They don't last too long but it's worth it! Definitely noticed my boobs are getting bigger which is blah since they were already a "small" DD. My bras are fitting still but I'm filling them out more. Definitely have aches and pains and certain positions I sit in normally don't feel so good anymore. Come on 2nd Trimester!!! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I know this is gross but Im just wondering, on here a symptom at 10wks is increase in vaginal discharge, well I have little none!! My boobs have also stopped hurting, and no nausea since last week? Anyone Else??????
  • mee to i feel the same way, and i get so stressed out,

• I am always nauseous. I am always hungry but have no appetite. Does that make sense? I am uncomfortable and in pain. My baby bump is very visible. However, I feel very blessed and can't wait to give birth.
  • Lol I am craving lime gatorade too. I just had my stepmom buy me a huge pack at the store!
  • Yes it makes sense!! I feel the same way all the time!! Im always hungry but there is no appetite to eat anything. And when i do I am sick after :( this peanut has put mommy through but i cant wait to meet him/her :)
  • I do not have vaginal discharge really but my boobs did stop hurting and my nausea has gone down alot...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"