Childless not by choice

Fun plans for Halloween?

So... we talked about how it's normal to have changed views toward holidays... but I'm glad to say I still LOVE Halloween. (handing out candy is hard, but I love the rest of it.) We always throw a big party and I'm thinking about it today.  So, do you guys do anything fun for Halloween and if so, what?

I just stared working on our costumes.  DH wants to be a Zombie-Okienoodler which means he'll be a zombie with a giant cat fish on his arm... we're not sure if he's a zombie that went noodling for fun... or a guy that got attacked by zombies while noodling, but he'll look rediculous either way.

I'm going to be a cat burglar... I'm going to dress as a burglar and carry a bag of cats. (stuffed animals, of course.)

Last year we went as our friend's "conscience", you know the little angel on one shoulder and devil on the other... but this friends has quite rep as a bad boy so we both went as devils.  That was a blast!

Two years ago he wa Barf from Spaceballs and I was a woman jumping out of a cake.

So. Much. Fun.

Re: Fun plans for Halloween?

• thats awesome! no plans, but we usually throw a smallish pumpkin carving party.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We don't really have many friends (the one couple we are friends with are much older than us and will spend Halloween with their grandkids) and live on a main street that no one trick or treats on so it's just another day for us.
    Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • Loading the player...
  • That sounds FUN!!

We live in the country so no knocks on our door. We will be throwing a huge bonfire/costume party this year. We will have a homemade photo booth(basically a fun backdrop for pictures) some good food and lots of spiked apple cider. 

We are all about "child-free" events. Even our wedding was a kid free zone. 

• We don't have any plans yet, but your plans sound great. I love all your costumes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Love to dress up but DH doesnt..boo for him. Last year I went to a party at a country bar and a group of us were characters frm Wizard of Oz. We came in 3rd place! A bunch of Lego people won. They looked awesome! Not sure about this year.

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• imageDesiraeSunshine:
    thats awesome! no plans, but we usually throw a smallish pumpkin carving party.
    Yup, that's awesome idea, I have to say.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"