Houston Babies

Once Upon a Child

Has anyone had any luck selling baby gear there?

I have a ton of baby items that we need to get rid of, and I am trying to determine if selling things there makes sense or if I need to just convince my husband that CL is safe.

Thanks!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Once Upon a Child

• I have heard you don't get much for what you bring in.  Expect maybe 30% of what you think it's worth (since they have to resell it again).  I've heard you can get more value if you get a credit to the store, so if you need something else in the store, it might be worth it, otherwise, I would look into JBF or CL.  (DH is against CL, too - but I figure anyone can get your address, so what's the big deal if you sell on CL.  I am pretty sure no one is going to come to your house to jack a baby toy.  lol).
  • That's what I thought--thanks for the feedback!!  I figured it would be kind of like Half Price Books where you bring in like a hundred books and get 5 dollars.  LOL. 

I'll try to talk DH into CL again--I figure I can probably get atleast 50% there.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know how far this is from you but this place is 60/40

https://lollipoppearland.com/consign.htm

• Whenever I do CL I have them meet me at my office or DH's office during business hours.   That way I feel safer doing it.
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • One of my bffs and her mom own Crayon's Children's Resale near hwy6 and Westheimer/1093ish area.

I have worked there several times when they have needed help and they do a 60/40 split with a check issued after your sales hit $31 or something like that or they have a 50/50 split with your sales becoming store credit as opposed to getting a check like the 60/40 split.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"