Special Needs
Options

Pseudostrabismus

Wow, that's a big word!

DD has this condition. Her eyes appear cross-eyed because of her broad nasal bridge. She's not actually cross eyed, and her opthamologist has assured us that she will grow out of it, but I'm getting impatient. I'd like to take some professional pics but the "cross-eyedness" looks so peculiar.

Anyone have a DC with this condition, and if so, how long did it take to resolve??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pseudostrabismus

• Options
    Our Pediatrician said our DS had this, but we took him to a pediatric neuro-ophthalmologist and turns out he does have strabismus.  Your daughter will most likely outgrow it, but if she doesn't they'll probably have you put a patch on her good eye for an hour or two a day, then if that doesn't work- they may give her a botox treatment and if that doesn't work there is surgery---all treatments are very simple and common- so worst case scenario isn't bad at all. Don't worry, she WILL out grow it~! They won't let her eyes stay that way :)
  • Options
    There was a child in my preschool class that had this. ?I swore there was something wrong with her vision, but mom said it was what you described. ?The bridge of her nose was too wide. ?At 5 it was still noticeable.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have any experience with it, but I just wanted to say I wish you wouldn't hold off on professional pics for something like this. Your dd is beautiful and you'll wish you had the pics when she is older! My dd has 2 large strawberry hemangiomas - one right on her lip and one high on her chest. We had professional pics done and the photographer offered to photograph around the marks or touch them up after (some moms ask for this I guess). I said "no way!" This is how she looks now and I think she is gorgeous just the way she is. someday the hemangiomas will fade or disappear and I will be glad I have these pics to remember exactly what she looked like!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"