Cincinnati Babies

Trying to decide if a new coat is worth it?

With the cooler weather, I started pondering...is it worth buying a maternity coat? I can't imagine I'll be able to do fully do up my normal coat (due Feb 3) but I also really only need it to walk to and from my car. I've been running warm, but Cinci weather can be so unpredictable...

Any thoughts? And if you recommend the maternity coat, any recommendations for a store? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Trying to decide if a new coat is worth it?

• I plan on using a fleece that is larger and pretty comfy.  Or...  just not buttoning my real coat.  We'll see.  I may cave.  That said, I don't spend a ton of time outside, so I'm hoping I'll be alright. 
  • I bought one at gap outlet. It was cheap and warm. This will be my second pregnancy where I needed one.
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I got one last time around and I'm glad I did. I was due Feb. 14th. You may not think you'll need it or that you'll ever feel cold again, but you will! I got one from Old Navy (it was sort of a puffy/pillow one) with a discount code and it wasn't too thick but certainly warm enough. Just go for it. You probably don't need an expensive one though.

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=50200

The wrap jackets are cute and may be enough if you layer. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I was due Feb 13 and bought a nice one at Old Navy that wasn't too expensive
    Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
    Baby Sister is coming soon!
  • Edited Post:  Advertising is against Bump TOS.  
  • I have been debating too.  I am due Feb 18th and after the past few cold days I think I am going to break down and get one.  Will defiantly check out Old Navy just because I hear they are the best price.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies! I'll at least scope it out and hope for a good deal :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm due at the end of march and have been debating this as well.  Saw a few at Target that weren't horrible.  Similar price though that they have on the ones at Motherhood. 

If it is a cold winter this year, a coat is going to be worth the investment!

• During my last pregnancy I was due at the end of March and was able to get a cheap maternity coat from oldnavy.com-- I think I spent maybe $40 which isnt too terrible and it honestly doesnt look maternity so I have worn it a few times since when I wasnt pregnant. I also know that walmart.com (these are cute! )had a few maternity coats for REALLY cheap like $20-- not sure how warm they would be but if you order a size larger than you wear so you can fit it over sweaters it will at least give you the belly coverage you need. HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagekel716:
    I plan on using a fleece that is larger and pretty comfy.  Or...  just not buttoning my real coat.  We'll see.  I may cave.  That said, I don't spend a ton of time outside, so I'm hoping I'll be alright. 

I'm with kel716, just borrowing a fleece from hubby and hoping I get through.  I'm due Dec though Big Smile

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"