Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    is this a joke??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I actually like both spellings almost equally. It's on my long list, and I flop back and forth between which I prefer. If you're leaning more toward Graeme, I say do it!

Yes to whichever spelling you choose!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imagechapski:
    is this a joke??

Huh?

• Options
    I've never seen Graeme before... LOVE Graham. Dislike Graeme.
  • Options
    I think your results are going to be a bit skewed because many women on this board love the traditional spelling for names, even if its not used anymore.  I LOVE Graham and I think you should go for that spelling.  Many people outside this board would just give a head scratch to Graeme. 
  • Options

The discussion came up after a post on my local board.  I honestly thought Graeme was a well known, old timey alternative.  Apparently not! 

We likely won't use the name anyway but it's on our list.  :)

* DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • Options
    I realize that Graeme is a legit spelling, but it's just NMS.  I do like Graham.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Please Graham and not Graeme
  • Options
    imagekms34:

The discussion came up after a post on my local board.  I honestly thought Graeme was a well known, old timey alternative.  Apparently not! 

So did I! Guess not. It makes me think of the Scottish cyclist, Graeme Obree.

• Options

Yes

I think of the golfer Graeme McDowell :)

* DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • Options
    If you're Scottish, Graeme is a perfectly nice spelling.  If not -- go with the regular English spelling.  :-)
  • Options
    Graeme looks like it's pronounced like 'Grame' so it doesn't look right to me.  I like Graham more.
  • Options
    I'm pretty positive Graeme is legit. It's not the norm here in the US, but if you have ties to the country of origin that I would say it's okay to use, if not, go with the easier Graham.
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Options

I have seen Graeme before and knew it was Graham.  At very first glance, I want to pronounce it to rhyme with GRAIN.

I'm sure he would constantly have to pronounce (and spell) his name for people.  He may get annoyed with constant mispellings, too because people will likely spell it Graham.

JMO...

Stacy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageames17:
    imagekms34:

So did I! Guess not. It makes me think of the Scottish cyclist, Graeme Obree.

I thought the same as you guys. I have two FB friends named Graeme. I am fine with either spelling.

• Options
    I don't really have a favorite, LOVE them both. Such a wonderful name.

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Options

I read it like cream or creme. Not as Graham.

a>Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagelageorgiapaperie:
    I'm pretty positive Graeme is legit. It's not the norm here in the US, but if you have ties to the country of origin that I would say it's okay to use, if not, go with the easier Graham.
    This. Having said that the name altogether is NMS. I automatically think cracker.
  • Options
    I love traditional names and honestly would have NEVER guessed that Graeme was a legit spelling. 
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options

I graduated high school with both a Graeme and a Graham. I always thought either spelling was legit.

That being said, they did pronounce their names slightly differently.

Graeme = Gray-em (very distinct syllables)

Graham = Grah-em (and it usually just sounded more like a 1-syllable name, like "Gram") 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Went to school with a Graeme, everyone called him "Gray-Me".
    BabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I like both equally. I think it depends on your heritage.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    imagemj.reilly:
    I MUUUCH prefer Graeme.
    I do too. Graham is a kind of cracker.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imagesalt78:
    imagemj.reilly:
    I MUUUCH prefer Graeme.
    I do too. Graham is a kind of cracker.

Yes 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    I love the spelling but am partial...I couldn't vote "weird" because I think that's the wrong work, more like "unusual". We chose it because DH is Scottish and we've had very few people butcher it.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options

imageAwBeth:
    I think your results are going to be a bit skewed because many women on this board love the traditional spelling for names, even if its not used anymore.  I LOVE Graham and I think you should go for that spelling.  Many people outside this board would just give a head scratch to Graeme. 

Traditional is kind of relative...Graeme is a traditional spelling, just not in the US.  

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options
    Graeme would make me  think to pronounce it "Grem". I hate the first spelling - sorry. Go with Graham.

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"