1st Trimester
Options

Intro... & question on announcing

Hi Ladies! I'm so excited to move to the 1st Tri Board :) My DH and I got our BFP last night and we are still beaming about it! We had been out running errands and decided to stop by the dollar stores to get HPT and that night I tested... and we got that lovely BFP!! We were so excited.... its our first!

My question is... how long did you all wait to tell close family/friends! We are dying to tell our family (my parents live out of town and are actually coming in this weekend... which makes it so tempting to want to tell them already) but we are wondering if we should wait until we get it confirmed with the doctor.

How long did ya'll wait?

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary

Re: Intro... & question on announcing

• Options

We told family as soon as the time period of my period had fully passed and we got the urine test back from my doctor.  I told my two best friends who know were TTC the moment I got the BFP.

We told friends once we saw the heart beat.  I'd had no bleeding and all looked good on the ultrasound, so my m/c rate was about 3-5%.  I couldn't wait any longer knowing that!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We told immediate family right away but that's it.  I'll probably wait until after my next appointment to tell anyone else.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We told my parents and his parents the same day we got our BFP.  We told our siblings a couple days later.  Our best friends found out right after our siblings.  That is it.  I am waiting to tell work until after I see and hear the heartbeat and have my first OB visit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are telling our parents this weekend now that we've had 2 sets of betas. We will likely tell siblings after one or two good ultrasounds and nobody else until 13 weeks.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options
    Hey, I am usually an April 2012 poster, but dropped in. We found out on vacation and waited til we got back and had the appt with our Dr to confirm. That night we told family and then close friends on an individual level until we were ready to make it public. We asked that nobody talk about it until we gave the go-ahead. We are now 12 weeks and just now did the FB announcement. GL and congratulations!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

First of all, congrats!  We have told a few people, my mom, the in laws, a couple close friends. But I am still waiting to come out to everyone until after my next appointment on Oct 26.

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"