Baby Showers
Options

Some people just can't take a hint. That's right, Crazy ex-coworker.

Ok, so some of you may have been following along with the crazy ex-coworker of mine who not only was planning on throwing herself a second baby shower, (because she didn't get everything she wanted at the first, so she felt "cheated") but then began to harass other people (Including myself) into throwing one for her instead since so many people were declining. It could have been a combination of her thinking new baby=new stuff even though she has perfectly good stuff in storage and that many people feel second baby showers are tacky. Especially if you're rude enough to say you felt cheated at your first one!

Well, since then I had my LO, she came a month early. Well her brother and his wife sent me some adorable baby clothes, and crazycakes had posted something random about how some people would turn their back on family for a stranger. Her brother filled me in that he and his wife made it clear they would take no part in this gift grab event of hers. He even reminded her that she didn't bother to do anything for his wife, why should she be expected to do something for her?

Crazycakes sent me this fakely sweet note on FB about how since I had my baby I should now be free to attend her shower. Apparently her Aunt-in-law decided it just had to take place and said she would throw it for her. It's apparently going to be this Saturday. I declined again. She responds by asking (Whining why) I tell her she knows my reasons for not wanting to attend, and asked her not to message me again. She responds by sending me her address and a link to her updated registry. Yeah, she won't even be getting an e-card from me.

You would think after the email I sent her she'd catch the hint, but apparently not. She's getting her way though, she's getting her second shower, which is sure to be a overly done look at me, I'm a special snowflake affair.

I know some of you were interested in how that would turn out, so I figured I'd update you guys on what was going on with that.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage

Re: Some people just can't take a hint. That's right, Crazy ex-coworker.

• Options

That is all kinds o crazy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

She is NUTS!!

Anyway.... CONGRATS TO YOU & YOUR NEW SWEET LO!!! Hope you guys are doing well :-)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What a psycho! I hope you can distance yourself from this wackadoodle!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageEstwd2:
    Usually I would be all for defriending her on FB, but she's just so darn entertaining!  Congratulations on your LO!

Seriously!  How's baby TP doing?

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    Thanks for the update, what a freaking crazy psycho! I hope now that she is getting her special princess shower that she will leave you alone once and for all! And CONGRATS on your LO! I hope all is well!
    TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

• Options

Block her on FB. 

Cut off all contact with her.  She's your EX-coworker, you have no reason to still have any connection with her.

• Options

If it weren't for the whole "Pay attention to me, love me!" aspect of her personality I'd say you must be talking about DH's ex. 

She couldn't take a hint even if you were to hit her over the head with it.  Which is part of the reason why we only refer to her as "Crazy"- seriously she wold ask everyone at break if she could have coffee cause she'd have to poo afterward.  And that is only one piece of her insanity.  

Anyway... just ignore her.  If you do it long enough she'll go away.  It worked for DH's ex

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Wow...she IS crazy.  I wouldn't defriend her because I'd want to know if anyone showed up at her shower.  lol  Maybe just completely ignore her emails, facebook messages, etc.  Eventually once it is all over you can defriend her.  At least she is entertaining.
  • Options

I liken your stories to the attraction I had to soap operas....Can't. Change. The. Channel. 

Thanks much for the entertainment--LOVE the "Crazycakes" pet name you have for her.

BIG CONGRATS on your lil kidlet! Hope all is well! 

Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • Options

Honestly, I would send her a gift.

... an etiquitte book. 

• Options
    imageIvana.Stolichnaya:

Block her on FB. 

Cut off all contact with her.  She's your EX-coworker, you have no reason to still have any connection with her.

This. If it were me, I would have deleted her a long time ago so there would be no way for her to cotnact me directly.

• Options
    I am soooo enjoying this saga. I cannot believe this woman! The fact that she sent you a link to her registry and directions is just NUTS! She actually expects you to show up???? Yikes.
  • Options

imageMs.Jade:
    I am soooo enjoying this saga. I cannot believe this woman! The fact that she sent you a link to her registry and directions is just NUTS! She actually expects you to show up???? Yikes.

Agreed.  I would never block her...(maybe block her from seeing your stuff) I almost want to FB friend her just so I can point and laugh.

• Options

Congrats on your LO's arrival.

So sorry Crazycakes can't take a hint or an outright no from you. Maybe you should attend , but give a gift in her name to a local women's shelter or some other charity that helps pregnant women in your area. And sugest that others do the same.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Options

Oh she really has lost her head.

Her last few FB updates have all been about how excited she is for her shower tomorrow, and how people will be talking about it for weeks afterwards. First of all, I don't care how awesome a party is, I never talk about it past the next day or so. The Halloween party I went to last year was pretty epic, and we weren't still talking about it by Thanksgiving or anything. I've certainly never been to a baby shower that I talked about after the next day to say "It was fine, the decorations/food/whatever was lovely." 

Her Aunt-in-law is actually designating gifts to be bought. Like she told Crazycakes mother to buy her a new crib and her brother and SIL are to buy her a carseat, and so on. Except neither her mom nor brother or SIL plan to attend, so she's going to be disappointed at not getting the gifts she thinks she's entitled too. 

It's so odd, I see posts on TB where people complain they just got a bunch of clothes and nothing they actually needed, and yet crazycakes has what she needs, but I wouldn't be surprised to see her on here at some point bitching about how no one gave her what she "needs" even though she doesn't actually need it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    I've been following your thread and love it.   Like the prior poster said, its a great soap opera.  However, PLEASE PLEASE talk to someone who actually went to the shower to let us know how it turned out.   I'm dying to hear about it.
    If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"