November 2011 Moms

Anyone drive a Toyota Highlander or a Chevy Traverse?

My hubby and I are going to look at a "mom car" for me this weekend, since I drive a sports car right now and my LO won't fit to well in there.  I am debating between the Highlander and the Traverse..anyone of you November mommies drive either of these feel free to give me your suggestions :) Thank you ladies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone drive a Toyota Highlander or a Chevy Traverse?

• I have a Chevy Traverse. I really like it. I had to upgrade from my Honda Civic after I totalled it a few months back...saddest day ever as she had been my car for 13 years. It's nice and roomy, but it's not too big. I don't have any experience with the Toyota Highlander.
  • I love my Highlander.  It's been a great car with no trouble.  Big enough to haul around a stroller and still fit in groceries too, but not a huge mammoth either.  I had it serviced yesterday and our mechanic mentioned he might want to buy it instead of us trading it in!  It's a 2005 and I am now looking for a new car.

I am going to test drive the Traverse because it has a 3rd row option with captains chairs for the 2nd row.  With 2 carseats, I need a 3rd row for any other passengers or heck, our dog if we go anywhere, and need the 2nd row to be captains seats so we can get to the 3rd row!  I just am not excited about a minivan.  But there are other SUVs with that feature so the Traverse is not the only one for me to look at. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DMoney will be a kickass big sister
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have always been a big fan of Toyotas for the reasons of size and safety EXCEPT for the models that came out post-2008. I am super-bummed by the issues I have had with my 2009 Rav 4 (that only has 40k on the gauge) e.g. the well-publicized accelerator and floormat issue of 2010, both my rear shock-absorbers have had to be replaced, and now my entire water pump just crapped itself. I will give praise for their ability to contact me on recalls, and for completing all the work under warranty, but it has left me sad. I would investigate all the recall issues since 2008 on Toyotas and check with consumer reviews (etc) to see if they truly have been resolved in '11 and '12 models. Food for thought - Good Luck :-)
  • I love, love, love my Traverse! The third row is great to have on hand, and folds down easily to fill the back up. My best friend kept texting me while on vacation, telling me how much she loved their traverse rental car. She came back from vacation and traded in her Lexus SUV for a traverse...they are expecting baby# 2 Smile
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • I drive a Toyota Highlander Hybrid and a Prius.  Both are excellent.  We have been super happy with Toyota and think that will be the brand we stick with from here on out.  A friend of mine who is a mechanic said that Toyota and Honda are two of the brands that he sees the least of in the shop. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My husband and I test drove the Highlander, but ended up buying the 4 Runner because we are both very tall and just fit better. 

We have been super happy with our Toyota and even after 5 years I still love, love it.  My favorite part is how reliable it has been.  Besides routine maintenence we have not had one problem in five years and over 100,000 miles.  This has never been the case for me with other cars and I think it has converted my family to Toyotas for good.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've had my Traverse now for about a month and love it. DS is 21 months and DD is on her way! We wanted the 3rd row for other passengers also because we have a 95 lb dog and if he goes with us there needs to be room for him (which we can do with seat down) and baby items. The third row is super easy to put up and down (even 8 months pg). We got the captain's chairs in 2nd row. For a few reasons, if someone sits in the 3rd row they can go in between 2nd row seats (they also slide forward) also to keep kids in their own seats (for when they get older). We also looked at the Honda Pilot and Odyssey, GMC Acadia and Chrysler Town and Country. For us it came down to the Traverse and Town and Country. I just wasn't ready for a mini van so we went with the Traverse. GL!
  • I used to drive a Toyota Solara but it had to be retired :(

I wanted another Toyota soooo bad but the Highlander was just not big enough, the Sequoia was too big and the 4 Runner was just too much!  I got the Traverse and I love it.  It also gets better gas mileage than most SUVs of it's size and has more cargo space than many larger SUVs. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"