3rd Trimester
Options

Classes

I am nearly 30 weeks along and really dragged my heels on the whole sign-up-for-classes thing. I finally decided I wanted to look into the Bradley method since my husband feels strongly about me not taking drugs or having an epidural, but I had no idea I needed 12 weeks or $300+.

At this stage in the game, how do I got about investigating a class to take with my husband? I am close to freaking out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Classes

• Options
    Check with your hospital/insurance. Our insurance covered all our classes (CPR, birth prep, breastfeeding, and baby care).
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Most Bradley classes are offered in 12 week series but occassionaly, an instructor offers an 8 week course (you meet for 3 hours each time rather than 2 so you get the same total hours of instruction) so check out all the course offerings in your area.

If you want to go natural, Bradley isn't the only way. The hypno classes are generally 5-6 weeks. Lamaze is generally 6 - even though it's not exclusively natural focused, it does teach relaxation which really is at the heart of any natural approach. I've heard of Brio but don't know much about it - might be worth checking out.

And of course taking any course is probably better than taking none so if you can't find a natural-oriented class in time, the hospital classes should offer you at least some prep and you can do a ton of reading on your own between now & then.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hypnobirthing was great. It was $200 and also 12 weeks but get whatever you can at this stage!
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just don't get confused with childbirth classes. My HB and I took one at our hospital thinking we would learn breathing techniques but all we did for 6 weeks was watch videos and learn the definition of pain. Every week we thought we would be learning exercises now I am at 37 weeks having our first baby and I have no clue what to do!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"