Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

I need ideas (NTTGP)

My SILs boyfriend just broke up with her. It was her first "serious" relationship, and I want to have her over a little recovery girls night for her, but I need some ideas for stuff to help her feel better. 

I know with my bad breakups, endless nights of chick-flicks, wine, and ice cream were my go to. So I'll probably be doing that, minus the wine since she's only 17.

Do any of you other ladies have any suggestions?  TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I need ideas (NTTGP)

• Options

Lord...it confused me to death as to how your sister in law had a boyfriend that wasn't your brother...but then I finally figure it out. haha.

Take her to see Lion King in 3D!! She's from the generation that would have loved that movie as a child..but wouldn't be able to remember it in theaters. if she's a fan, that would be fun. But tonight is the last night its out!! 

• Options
    I think that's a great idea. At 17, I'm sure she's crushed. Poor thing :( Maybe invite her girlfriends over and bake together or something? My sister and I always cook together when we're going through it :)
    Bravado Bras at Nurtured FamilyBabyFruit Tickerimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would avoid any romantic comedies..maybe a game night. You could play girly board games, or poker (with reg poker chips, or candy if you don't want to really gamble). You could also just take her out of the house and do something active, maybe go bowling, or play pool somewhere. You could also check out a haunted house if you guys are into that sort of thing..our haunted houses open this weekend.
    Patiently waiting for our 1st since 9/2010.
    Dealing with MFI, good count, good motility, 3% morph-HSG all clear, all other test results came back normal, IUI is our next step
    May 2012- Clomid 50mg + IUI = BFN
    June- Cycle Break
    July- Forced cycle break due to cysts
    August- Femara, Trigger, IUI#2= ?
  • Options

Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream got me through a divorce, ok and Tequila, but it definitely helps!

I'm having a rough day over here. You can be my SIL when your done with the real one :P 

• Options
    That's so sweet of you.  I am sure that will mean a lot to her. Ben and Jerry's Late Night Snack ice cream is fabulous.  Or root beer floats! Yum!  Go get manicures or pedicures.  Or a movie night sounds fun too.  I would avoid the romantic comedies and go with some girl power/action type movie with a badass female lead. It's great that she has someone like you to lean on. :)

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• Options

17 is too young for a male strip club, right?

I also say ditch the crappy rom coms (and their unrealistic portrayals of 'love' and relationships and agree to a game night (but I am also a major nerdy gamer with a game closet). You know her better than we do: what is her happy place? could be a little retail therapy, zoo (even as an adult I still love the zoo), maybe a local event/show? If she is into cooking: hit a local farmers market and spend the day make all sorts of fresh, delicious goodies.  

• Options
    Retail therapy!!  Go shoe shopping, go clothes shopping, and maybe go get your hair done or mani/pedis.  You're a really nice SIL by the way :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Falling in Love!  November 2014
  • Options

Thanks for all the ideas! I definitely think a little retail therapy and mani/pedis are in order. 

I really appreciate the ideas! 

• Options
    imageLadybug720:

Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream got me through a divorce, ok and Tequila, but it definitely helps!

I'm having a rough day over here. You can be my SIL when your done with the real one :P 

I'll be your e-SIL! *hugs*

Sorry you're having a bad day :( 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"