Pregnant after a Loss

When did you...(GTKYish)

Thank you again for all the well wishes yesterday regarding our great appointment.  I still won't feel entirely comfortable with this pregnancy until week 13, and even then I'll probably still only be about 80% comfortable, but it got me thinking...when will I be comfortable to start doing things like buying maternity clothes (my stuff is already getting snug from bloat), buying baby items, telling people I'm pregnant, etc.  So I'm curious, ladies.

When did you:

1. Announce you were pregnant (i.e. when was the point in time that everyone--family, friends, work people, etc. knew you were pregnant)?

2. Buy your first baby-related item (not counting pregnancy books)?

3. Buy your first piece of maternity clothing?

Looking forward to seeing your answers!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

BFP #1 6/28/11 ~ EDD 3/7/12 ~ m/c 7/15/11 at 6w2d
BFP #2 8/29/11 ~ EDD 5/12/12. 4/25/12: Our take home baby is here!
 BFP #3 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/11/14.  4/27/14:  Our second take home baby is here!

Re: When did you...(GTKYish)

• 1. Announce you were pregnant (i.e. when was the point in time that everyone--family, friends, work people, etc. knew you were pregnant)?  I did IVF, so we told parents/siblings at 5 weeks, Church/work at 12 weeks, extended family at 14 weeks when we saw them. 

2. Buy your first baby-related item (not counting pregnancy books)? 20 weeks (which is somewhat good since I am in the hospital now.  We have cribs, infant seats, just need to get mattresses and sheets.)

3. Buy your first piece of maternity clothing? At 12 weeks.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
  • I am still not 100% comfortable with this pregnancy, but it's way better than even a few months ago. I just kept telling myself that no matter what, this baby needs to be celebrated and all he will ever know is love and joy. Hope that helps! Now for my answers...

1. Announce you were pregnant (i.e. when was the point in time that everyone--family, friends, work people, etc. knew you were pregnant)? 

I told my mom at 13 weeks because I had a SCH scare and needed to tell her. Also my coworkers around that same time since I am a nurse and there were some things I couldn't do. We told our family at 20 weeks after the u/s and the rest of our friends at 24 weeks. I didn't show till way later so it was easy to hide. 

2. Buy your first baby-related item (not counting pregnancy books)? I think I bought a baby book (On the Night you were born) around 15-20 weeks, can't remember exactly. 3. Buy your first piece of maternity clothing? At around 24 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. About 12ish weeks, after 3 wonderful u/s's. 2. I was probably 9 weeks...a fresh boppy cover. 3. I was only 6 weeks but they were on super clearance at Motherhood Maternity.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When did you:

1. Announce you were pregnant (i.e. when was the point in time that everyone--family, friends, work people, etc. knew you were pregnant)? After the NT Scan. We came home and put up some u/s pictures and a cute saying.

2. Buy your first baby-related item (not counting pregnancy books)? 17 weeks or so It was the crib, dresser & combo

3. Buy your first piece of maternity clothing? 10 weeks and some change. It was shorts and t-shirts

BFP#1 11.19.10 Missed MC 01.10.11 Sam & Alex
    BFP#2 05.08.11 Birthday 1.11.12 Peyton
    BFP#3 06.10.12 Birthday 2.14.13-Cooper Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Congrats to my buddy Ambs21! Welcome to the world Audrey!
    Congrats to my buddy Mork! Welcome sweet E!

• When did you:

1. Announce you were pregnant (i.e. when was the point in time that everyone--family, friends, work people, etc. knew you were pregnant)?  This time, I told my mom, sister, and bff right when I got my bfp.  We just told DH's parents last weekend, and the rest of our families.  Then Monday we made an announcement on FB.  Feels good to be out!!  (Still haven't told my boss) Smile

2. Buy your first baby-related item (not counting pregnancy books)?  I haven't yet but probably will soon, my mom has already bought baby a onesie and got us a BOB Jogging stroller!

3. Buy your first piece of maternity clothing?  My mom and I hit Motherhood Maternity last weekend for my Maternity clothes and I started wearing them Monday, so much more comfortable, and my boobs fit more appropriately!!  Stick out tongue

BFP #2 7/20/11 ** EDD: 3/28/12: IT'S A BOY!
    BFP #1 12/30/10 ** EDD: 9/6/11** H/B stopped at 10w 6d conf on 2/22/11 ** D&C 2/24/11.
    Congrats to my Labor Buddy LoriJ11, baby Elise born 2/24/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Announce you were pregnant (i.e. when was the point in time that everyone--family, friends, work people, etc. knew you were pregnant)? I did IVF so the few people that knew about that were told right away (my sister and a couple of close friends). We told our immediate families between 5.5 and 12 weeks as we saw them (DH's family lives far away and he wanted to tell them in person so we had to tell them earlier than I was comfortable with). We told a few more friends after a good NT scan at 12 weeks and our extended families around 17 weeks. The rest of the world found out around 22 weeks.2. Buy your first baby-related item (not counting pregnancy books)? We bought our furniture around 21 weeks. I didn't want to buy it so early but we really liked it, it was in stock so it was hundreds less because of the shipping, and it wasn't stocked often/ sold out fast so we did it.3. Buy your first piece of maternity clothing? This was early. I had OHSS so I had major bloat right from the beginning. I think I bought a Bella Band around 6 weeks and maternity clothes around 10 weeks.Edited first answer to add more detail.  
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • 1. Announce you were pregnant (i.e. when was the point in time that everyone--family, friends, work people, etc. knew you were pregnant)?

20 weeks (there were many gradations before that - but we did not tell most co-workers and many friends/distant family until the a/s).

I bought Baby Bargains to start researching gear at about 22 weeks, and bought a BOB stroller when it was an Amazon lightening deal at maybe 23 weeks (?) or so. 

At around 14 weeks I first bought regular larger-size tops and elastic-waisted granny dress pants to get me through at work. Did not take the plunge into maternity until about 18 weeks (simple black pants first, worn with larger regular tops).  Was full on maternity around 20 weeks, when the pregnancy was "out" at work.

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• 1. Announce you were pregnant (i.e. when was the point in time that everyone--family, friends, work people, etc. knew you were pregnant)?

The only people that know we're pregnant now are a few moms from my moms group and the nurse moderator.  We're waiting until after the NT scan on Tuesday, my birthday.  So when we get together with families next weekend for dinner or cake, we'll tell them then.  Actually, we're not telling them, but rather just putting a big brother tee of DS and waiting to see who figures it out.

We already have plenty with DS being young still, but I did buy an old school looking Mickey Mouse onsie on clearance at Target for $1.50.

I was probably jumping the gun a little, but I bought some long sleeve tees on clearance for like $6 each online shorty after we got the positive.  I can't resist a good deal.

Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~

We told my immediate family earlier (8 weeks) but everyone else we waited until 16 weeks... and then it was only b/c Dh spilled the beans to our neighbor who knows some coworkers... otherwise it wouldn't have been until after our A/S.

Still haven't. But I do plan to start registering in the next week or so... I don't have room for any baby stuff right now and I don't want to go wild (well I do... but I know I need to be... reserved). Honestly it probably won't be until after I have a shower, and who knows when that will be.

8 weeks - I had such bad bloat and felt so awful, I needed to at least be comfortable, and since Pjs at work aren't an option... Plus I don't get the whole waiting and sucking it in... that just seems like torture.

• 1. Announce you were pregnant (i.e. when was the point in time that everyone--family, friends, work people, etc. knew you were pregnant)? I called my mom and dad while Ian was heading to the store to get a digital test after the line test came back positive. I speak with my mom daily so I just couldnt have kept it from her anyway. I wasnt planning on telling anyone else until 20 weeks but while I was in Ohio during July 4th people noticed my belly and started asking questions on facebook. I decided to just tell everyone before some else did it for me. I think I was 12-13 weeks?

2. Buy your first baby-related item (not counting pregnancy books)? After the first tri was done with.

3. Buy your first piece of maternity clothing? I think around 17-18 weeks

• 1. Announce you were pregnant (i.e. when was the point in time that everyone--family, friends, work people, etc. knew you were pregnant)? I told my work/students around 17wks for two reasons. One, I was already showing and my students were starting to suspect. Two, 17wks was the point where we lost our first. We didn't tell family until I was close to 20wks.

2. Buy your first baby-related item (not counting pregnancy books)? around 28wks? It was a stroller and only because it was on sale and the sale was ending.

3. Buy your first piece of maternity clothing? I had some from my first pg, so I wore those. I bought more as needed, but that was also >20+ wks.

My Chart

My Life

BFP 7.7.09 - CVS 9.10.09 (Girl) - 9.24.09 Severe Fatal Malformation - D&E 10.7.09 @ 17wks
    BFP 6.1.10 - 6.10.10 Ectopic M/C @ 5wks
    BFP 10.26.10 - 10.29.10 CP
    BFP 1.30.11 - CVS 3.28.11 (Girl) - EDD 10.11.11 - Born 10.6.11
    BFP 12.18.12 - 12.20.12 CP
    BFP 3.18.13 - CVS 5.21.13 (Girl) - EDD 12.2.13 - Born 11.24.13
    BFP 6.10.14 - CVS 7.2.14 (Girl) - EDD 1.12.15 - Born sleeping 8.6.14 @ 17w5d
  • 1. Announce you were pregnant (i.e. when was the point in time that everyone--family, friends, work people, etc. knew you were pregnant)? To my close friends and my parents that supported me through my M/C at 4 weeks, my co-workers at 7 weeks (had to miss some meetings), and everyone else at 12 weeks.  

2. Buy your first baby-related item (not counting pregnancy books)? Well, for this pregnancy I have not yet, but I did get a onsie saying "little brother" from our SIL. She thinks it will be a boy... haha. 

3. Buy your first piece of maternity clothing? At 9 weeks I bought some jean capris. 

• imagePeanut2929:

When did you:

It was public after our NT scan at 13.5 weeks, family and very close friends knew right away.

Mmmmmmmm, before she was conceived? We bought her a U of M onesie when were were TTC. But once we found out we were pregnant, it took until after our a/s before I made any real purchases.

I had some left over from my last pregnancy, but I purchased my first belly panel pants around 22 weeks.

Baby Blog
    BFP#1 5.27.10 DS became an angel at 21 weeks on 9.22.10
    BFP#2 4.16.11 Healthy baby girl born 12.14.11
    BFP#3 9.3.12 A healthy, bouncing baby SISTER on the way! EDD 5.12.13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I think everyone knew around 13-14 weeks. I told a close friend right away, but that was it till I broke down and told my mom around 9 weeks.

I think right around the start of the second trimester, maybe 14-15 weeks.

I bought maternity jeans around 13 weeks or so, but just started wearing maternity stuff recently.

BFP #1: 1/27/11, mc 3/17/11 at 9w2d, baby measured at 8w3d, no heartbeat BFP #2: 5/13/11; beta #1: 382, beta #2: 7842. heartbeat: 103 at 6 weeks; 146 at 7 weeks, 165 at 9 weeks, 173 at 12 weeks, 158 at 16 weeks. BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. Announce you were pregnant (i.e. when was the point in time that everyone--family, friends, work people, etc. knew you were pregnant)? Family and close friends: 7ish weeks; work: 9ish weeks; other friends and family from 10w-19w; Facebook 19w.

2. Buy your first baby-related item (not counting pregnancy books)? We bought our first crib a few days after my BFP during my first pregnancy.  For this pregnancy we bought another crib at 9w after two good RE appts and a good OB appt.

3. Buy your first piece of maternity clothing? 12-14w

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• 1. I told my mom at 10 weeks; work found out around that time as well, due to my severe m/s. Told family at 14 weeks; DH outed me on Facebook at 15 weeks.

2. I bought a pair of socks and an alphabet book at around 20 weeks.

3. Got a Bella Band at 14 weeks (great investment).

image Photobucket
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #1 1/20/2011 - ectopic: D&C and methotrexate at 6 wks
    BFP #2 4/23/2011 - EDD 1/7/2012
  • imagePeanut2929:

1. Announce you were pregnant (i.e. when was the point in time that everyone--family, friends, work people, etc. knew you were pregnant)? we told our immediate family(mom, bro, best friend) at almost 6 weeks. Extended family started finding out around 12 weeks. Everyone else 20 weeks. There are a few people who have just found out... (wasn't kept from them, they are just not in tune with the world)

2. Buy your first baby-related item (not counting pregnancy books)? We bought a few diapers & wipes at 5 months. A couple outfits have trickled in since then . Other than that, NOTHING... Sad

3. Buy your first piece of maternity clothing? 26 weeks. I bought some very comfortable mat. pants. $40.00 pants marked down to $7.50, yes please! 

• 1. Announce you were pregnant (i.e. when was the point in time that everyone--family, friends, work people, etc. knew you were pregnant)?Family knew first - mom and dad and in-laws right away and then siblings at 7 weeks.  A few at work new after 8 weeks and I cam out to most everyone else at 12 weeks (13 weeks on FB). 2. Buy your first baby-related item (not counting pregnancy books)?I just bought a cute knitted infant hat last week!  It's red and cream so it'll work regardless if we have a boy or girl.3. Buy your first piece of maternity clothing?I just bought my first piece of maternity clothing last Sunday! 
  • imagePeanut2929:

Thank you again for all the well wishes yesterday regarding our great appointment.  I still won't feel entirely comfortable with this pregnancy until week 13, and even then I'll probably still only be about 80% comfortable, but it got me thinking...when will I be comfortable to start doing things like buying maternity clothes (my stuff is already getting snug from bloat), buying baby items, telling people I'm pregnant, etc.  So I'm curious, ladies.

When did you:

1. Announce you were pregnant (i.e. when was the point in time that everyone--family, friends, work people, etc. knew you were pregnant)? Parents are being told this weekend, will probably tell siblings after a 2nd u/s so not a few more weeks, and the rest of the world after nt scan.

2. Buy your first baby-related item (not counting pregnancy books)? After the first tri or maybe gender scan since if it's a boy, we have everything we need.

3. Buy your first piece of maternity clothing? I bought some mat clothes because they were 50% off sale price at Gap...I have not taken the tags off and don't plan to until 12ish weeks since I have plenty of other mat clothes to wear from DS.

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• 1. Announce you were pregnant (i.e. when was the point in time that everyone--family, friends, work people, etc. knew you were pregnant)?We told immediate family at 5w-ish after our first u/s went well.  No HB yet, but we needed support.  DH told tons of coworkers after a few more weeks.  I told my BFFs at about 10w (the point of our previous loss).  I didn't tell work or anyone else until after our NT scan.  We told FB last week. 2. Buy your first baby-related item (not counting pregnancy books)?I bought a Beatles onesie back in 2007, before we were even TTC.  I never bought anything during my first pg/loss, and this time, I didn't buy anything until last week after our a/s.   3. Buy your first piece of maternity clothing? 12 weeks, I think, or just after.  It was a pair of pants.  Oh, I did buy a bella band during my first pg, but only wore it a couple of times b/c of bloat.
    dx: PCOS
    Clomid + Met = BFP#1 12/27/10, missed MC discovered 2/9/11, d&c 2/11/11, 10w3d
    Natural cycle (just Met) = BFP#2 6/3/11, Baby A arrived 2/16/12
    <a href="http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i390/tlneff0108/?action=view

I told my mom right away because I knew I would need her and DH support if things didn't work out.  I slowly came out to close family but every knew when I hit 2nd tri.  That was my comfortable spot.

I told myself I wouldn't buy anything until I hit 20 weeks.  Then I saw the absolute cutest stuffed turtle.  I HAD to have it.  It is still the only thing I have purchased and I am almost 15 weeks.

About 8 weeks. My clothes were a little snug still from my last M/C (I was a little depressed and I like food) so I had to get stuff pretty early.  I did lose weight up until last week but it must have been from other areas of my body because my belly just keeps growing!

• I told my parents immediately because I needed the emotional support.  I work in a psychiatric hospital so my coworkers were told when I went back to work due to the risk of being attacked, etc.  Still haven't told anyone in my family minus my parents.

Have not bought my first baby related item or maternity clothing

image. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"