Adoption
Options

Where we are

Our foster baby left yesterday to live with a family member, I shed a few tears but know it's the best thing for him.  It's been weird without him here, I keep expecting to hear him wake up from a nap or for him to be in the backseat when we are driving but there aren't anymore "I'm awake" squeals or smiling faces to see when I look back in the car. 

I asked our agency to keep the crib open for foster and adoptive babies, we really like having 3 kids.  I also emailed our adoption supervisor to inquire about a 1 year old boy waiting for adoption, hopefully she can get us some info on the little boy so we can start the process of adopting again.

Re: Where we are

• Options

I'm sorry for your loss!

As I first considered foster care, that was what I feared the most, giving them back (or to someone else) as you had to do.  It still worries me as I don't know how I'll get through it, but it seems like you are already able to look towards some positive sides of him leaving.  Your a great example for me in what I hope I can also do.

Foster parents turned adoptive parents :)
    Adoptive daughter born 08/07/13... growing so fast
    BM due again end of March 2015 so any day!
    Bloggy blog
  • Options

Thanks for the compliment. Smile

I just put up a blog post about my feelings on Bear leaving if you are interested in reading it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"