TTC After a Loss
Options

Ok do tell how many really waited?

Ok I am doing some reading how how long to wait to TTC again ( I am not still waiting for 1st AF after m/c 7 weeks ago...)

But it seems to be all across the board just depending on who the Dr is.  So how many of you ladies really listened to your Dr and waited the exact amount they said?

How many had a few Ooops before the AOK? (like it got hot and heavy one night and you forgot projection)- were you nervous? scared? 

Re: Ok do tell how many really waited?

• Options
    I did exactly what the dr said! Never thought twice about not doing so.
    Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

You are correct, the amount of time before TTCAL is going to be different for each person. I don't always think it's so much about the doctor though, I think it's more about the patient. The doctor is going to take into account your individual circumstances (how far along you were, pre-existing conditions, etc.)

I get the desire to TTCAL right away and go against doc's orders (on cycle #6 of doc ordered hold myself), but it's never a good thing to go against their orders. If you are questioning it, call them up and ask. To me, it's not worth the risks. Should I go against her orders and get pg only to have another m/c, I couldn't live with the "what if's."

My Old Blog | My Chart | TTCAL Shenanigans
    ♥BFP #1 "Spawn"- 02/23/11 | EDD: 11/01/11 | natural m/c 03/20/11 @7w5d♥
    ♥BFP #2 "Offspring"- 11/10/12 | EDD: 07/25/13 | incomplete m/c 12/14/12 @8w1d | D&C 12/21/12♥
    ♥BFP #3 "Progeny" - 02/16/15 | It's a BOY!! | EDD: 10/17/15 | BD: 10/23/15
    All AL Always Welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was told I only needed to wait to have my period again.  Hopefully she shows up real soon.  Also, I wouldn't have wanted to get pregnant before AF, I just feel my ute needs to clean itself first.
    photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• Options
    My doc told me to wait until AF came before TTC, and I did that.  Thankfully AF came just shy of 5 weeks after my D&C.  The 2WW seems to be driving me more crazy than the waiting to TTC though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I did exactly what my doctor told me. If you don't agree with your doctor you should always ask THEM questions about the reasoning. Google and Internet strangers are never the place to get medical advice. Never.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Options

My Dr. gave us the go ahead after my 1st AF to TTC again.  I listened 100% to her orders.  She is the one who went to school for this and is the professional.  I wouldn't go against it, but that's just me.  I'd rather listen to the experts and play on the side of safe.

I know everyone's stories are different as far as their losses go, so some Dr.'s will tell people different time frames, depending on their seperate situations.

If my Dr. told me to wait and I had an "Oooops before the AOK." - Hell yeah I'd be nervous!  There's a reason your Dr. told you to wait...

Good luck and FX for you if this is your situation and you're not talking "hypothetically" just out of curiosity.

** Labor buddies with E3A7AGGIE! ** Photobucket Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageMissa_g:
    I did exactly what my doctor told me. If you don't agree with your doctor you should always ask THEM questions about the reasoning. Google and Internet strangers are never the place to get medical advice. Never.

This.

100%

BzeetyD = 38, Mr. BzeetyD = 44 together 12/02 married 9/08
    TTC #1 since 1/10
    DX: Unexplained/??? MFI issues

Our lil' lost sparks:
    5w3d loss 7/30/10 - EDD March 2011
    8w loss 4/15/11 - EDD November 2011
    8w3d loss 8/2/12 - EDD March 2013
    4w c/p loss 10/29/12 - EDD July 2013

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.
    RPL testing all normal, Karyotyping normal

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
    IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
    FET 5/31/13 of 1 4AA blast - thawed and expanded. 4dp5dt BFP.
    Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14
    We are so in love with her.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • Options
    I followed my doctors orders to a T. I would never think of not doing so. I don't understand "oops" situations. If I got pregnant again & lost that baby because I didn't follow instructions I would blame myself 100%
    BFP #1 2/8/2008 - Evan born 10/3/2008 via c/s @ 38wks
    BFP #2 12/31/2010 (EDD 9/1/11) -- Natrual m/c 1/9/10
    BFP #3 12/20/2011 - EDD 8/25/12
    u/s 1/6/12 - HB & beautiful bean
    A/S 4/2 - It's a Girl!!!
    RCS on 8/20/12
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

After my 1st m/c (D&C...missed m/c @ 12 wks, 6 wks growth) - I was told to wait 2 cycles & had full intent to do so.  At that time I was not in tune with my body & ovulation at all.  I thought I was past ovulation (on my 2nd cycle) but I wasn't & I ended up getting pregnant.  I was very very nervous & had many odd symptoms.  On top of that, my OB at that time hadn't monitored my HCG down to zero so it was nerve racking.  I wouldn't recommend it.

My 2nd m/c was early enough my OB said I didn't have to wait to try.

My 3rd m/c my OB said to wait 1 cycle.  My hcg took a full 4 wks to zero out so that ended up being the cycle.

All that being said, I would wait the # of cycles your dr suggests and if you're unsure I would question him/her about it to get specifics about why, etc.   Also, I would be sure that your hcg is down to zero before considering.

HTH & good luck! 

• Options

I've had two miscarriages and both times my doctor told me to wait for my period, so that's what I did. I agree with the other ladies that if you have concerns about how long your doctor advised you to wait that you contact them and discuss your concerns and see what they say. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • Options

Honestly, I've never had an oops, and unless you were totally trashed I'd have a hard time believing it was truly that.  I don't mean that in a mean way, but seriously, you know what you're doing so I have a hard time justifying it that way.

With that said, I agree with the PPs that you need to talk to your doctor and find out why they want you to wait.  And if you don't want/like their opinion, maybe get a new doctor, but I wouldn't just do it on your own advice.  Good luck and be safe!

• Options
    imageLaTi07:

You are correct, the amount of time before TTCAL is going to be different for each person. I don't always think it's so much about the doctor though, I think it's more about the patient. The doctor is going to take into account your individual circumstances (how far along you were, pre-existing conditions, etc.)

I get the desire to TTCAL right away and go against doc's orders (on cycle #6 of doc ordered hold myself), but it's never a good thing to go against their orders. If you are questioning it, call them up and ask. To me, it's not worth the risks. Should I go against her orders and get pg only to have another m/c, I couldn't live with the "what if's."

I totally agree with this. 

imageVincent Julian born on March 27th, 2013 DX with Down Syndrome image
    baby
      BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was in my 8th month of pregnancy so a bit farther along, my Dr. said to wait 2 normal cycles to TTC, and we're planning on doing just that! You want your uterus to heal, to return to normal size, and thicken up a bit, and if it means a successful pregnancy? I'll wait! We're even considering waiting a third cycle, just to be safe. Listen to your Dr! We can only give you OUR specific individual circumstances. Nothing is a replacement for a professionals advice!
  • Options
    My RE told me that if we have a natural m/c, we can start up with the next IUI right away.  If they have to do a procedure then we will have to wait 3 months for the next IUI.  I am just hoping it comes naturally.
  • Options
    By all means, if you don't feel like your doctor is smart enough to give sound medical advice, FWP whenever you want.  There are valid reasons for waiting, not the least of which is so you can work through the grief of losing a child.  I'll just say that, here, waiting is the norm.  Doing what we can to be as healthy a host to a child is what we do.  YMMV.
    Gena dx PCOS 1997 BFP 2/12/10, mmc discovered at 10w6d/d&c 11w3d
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    My Never Updated Chart
    Bonus buddies with Cashewsmommy!
    Join Swagbucks! Earn free Amazon cards!
  • Options

I agree with a previous poster....it's not just about the dr, it is also about the individual patient.

I was told we could try to catch the first egg and didn't need to wait for AF. In our case we have at most 2 cycles left to TTC before DH has no sperm left since he had a vasectomy 3 days before my m/c. We were told that there is more risk of a repeat m/c involved in not waiting a few cycles before trying again but in our case we don't have a few cycles so to us it's a risk worth taking.

If I had all the time in the world left to TTC my midwife would like to see me wait 2-3 months and I would follow her recommendation. She knows way more than I do and I trust her....plus who really wants to risk having back to back m/c if they don't have to.

• Options

I followed my Drs instructions. The way I looked at it is if I ignored the Dr and had another m/c I would blame myself for not listening. g/l to you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers TTC Since July 2009
    BFP C6 - m m/c found on 3/17 - D&C 3/19 9w6d
    Aug 2011 - SA - Low motility (25%) high PH
    Sept 2011 - SA - 100mil sperm, 37% motility
    Oct 2011 - HSG/SHG if not natural BFP
    Holy crap natural BFP(cycle 20)!!! - Beta#1 10/11 - 185 P-23, Beta #2 10/13 -499.8, P-35.7! Thyroid good at 1.13, Beta #3 10/18 5,854.6 P-30.6; Beta 4 10/25 - 39,500 p4 20
    1st U/S on 10/18 - saw gestational sac! 2nd u/s (10/25) saw a tiny fetus and saw the HB flickering away! 3rd U/S on 11/2 measuring 2 days ahead HB 138! 4th U/S 11/9 - Measured 8w1d - HB 178! released from RE 11/16 U/S - HB 180 everything On track!
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options

Thank you for your answers- I was just asking cus it seems odd to me the various answers (I totally get the depends on how far along you are...)yet when I talked to a nurse who goes to my church about it, she said she tells nearly everyone just 1 cycle (I was told by my own DR 2). 

• Options
    I absolutely listened to my OB. True people are told diff. things but everyone's situation is so different. We were cleared at 2 cycles but it really varies by person and only your dr. truly knows what is best in your situation. I would follow your dr's instructions vs. the nurse at your church. Your dr. knows your medical hx.
  • Options
    My situation was one where my Dr changed her mind. Originally, I was told to hold off until my thyroid was back to normal. That only took 3 weeks. Then my OB's nurse said that typically my OB instructs patients to wait two cycles to allow for healing (whatever that means, emotional? physical?). At my follow up appt with my OB at around 4 1/2 weeks after m/c, my OB gave us the green light to TTC because my first AF started right on time and I guess I seemed emotionally able to handle it. Like a PP said, if you called your dr to talk more about it, you might get a revised answer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"