Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

bumbo question

DS is 11 weeks old and he can hold his head pretty good, but still does some "bobbing".  I see alot of people put their LO's in the bumbos already, and I was wondering how much head/neck support is good before you do this?  Do they have perfect control or average? I'm nervous (FTM :-)) suggestions please!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: bumbo question

• Options
    I believe the recommend age is 3 months.  You can try but just make sure you take him out before he gets too floppy.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think DS1 was around that age when he started using the Bumbo, but he always had a strong neck.  I'd just have him in it for short spurts initially, and watch him carefully and take him out right away if he started getting fussy or tired.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use it for DS for very short periods of time, but he has no problem holding his head up without being floppy.
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
  • Options

imageYellow_Daisy:
    We use it for DS for very short periods of time, but he has no problem holding his head up without being floppy.

This 

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options

DD is 2 1/2 months and we have used it since 2 mos. She has good head control and only leave her in a few mins here and there while I'm sitting right there. She loves it and is able to stay in it longer and longer before getting a little wobbly! 

Good luck! :))  

Merry Christmas image image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS does good unless he is tired then he goes to flopping. He would probably have better head control if he didn't refuse to do more than 5 minutes of tummy time.
  • Options
    imagemrswalkertobe:
    DS does good unless he is tired then he goes to flopping. He would probably have better head control if he didn't refuse to do more than 5 minutes of tummy time.
    this
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagefrogyie:
    imagemrswalkertobe:
    this
    this is us too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"