Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Non-hormonal contraceptive?

I have my 6 week appointment next week, and have to decide on a contraceptive. I haven't been on anything for a few years, but was on Nuva Ring before that. I liked it far better than the pill, but really want to stay away from hormones. I don't want to get pregnant for a few years, and also just stopped BFing. What are you ladies using? Any suggestions? Oh and TGIF :)
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Non-hormonal contraceptive?

• Options

Right now since I am EBF, we are pulling and praying. I'm praying we don't conceive and DH is praying we do ;)

I was off of hormonal BC for over a year before we TTC. We used spermacide for about a year and then started charting in conjunction with the spermacide until we were ready. We stopped avoiding one month and the next month we were pregnant.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So far as I know, the only non-hormonal methods are rhythm (if that can even be considered a contraceptive), condoms/diaphragms, or copper IUDs.  I'm in the same boat as you -- I'd like a non-hormonal option, but none of those really appeal to me.  :-/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage image
  • Options

imagegy86:
    So far as I know, the only non-hormonal methods are rhythm (if that can even be considered a contraceptive), condoms/diaphragms, or copper IUDs.  I'm in the same boat as you -- I'd like a non-hormonal option, but none of those really appeal to me.  :-/

There is also charting with FAM (NOT Rhythm method) and spermicide.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imagemairanellis:
    Condoms

Yep. Sad 

Though DH totally accused me of getting "the sissy condoms" because I'm "baby crazy." (He was kidding. Which is why he's not walking with a limp now, btw).

I am considering a non-hormonal IUD, but I haven't done enough research yet to say if I'm going to get one. They seem like a good thing to look into.

Birth control pills make me crazy. Well, crazier.

• Options
    I'm opting for ParaGard -- copper IUD.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJaysonandKristin:
    I'm opting for ParaGard -- copper IUD.
    I got this
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We used natural family planning on our first, and um, got pregnant.  I guess, I don't chart well :(    But, now we use condoms/spermicide. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Same here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"