Parenting
Options

Anyone deal with Hyponatremia

I'm thinking that's what's going on with me. I've felt really off for the last 3 days and have an appointment tomorrow. Apparently my new meds can cause this. Just curious if anyone has dealt with it.

Re: Anyone deal with Hyponatremia

• Options
    We frequently come across it with our patients who water load (I work in psych). We typically treat it by decreasing their fluid intake sometimes to as little as 1000ml a day. This usually resolves it in a few days.
    Child #1: 6 yo DD Child #2: 2yo DD
  • Options

I've been having issues since Tuesday, but today is the only day I have had more water than usual. 

My blood pressure is a little higher than normal, too.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejustEK:

I've been having issues since Tuesday, but today is the only day I have had more water than usual. 

My blood pressure is a little higher than normal, too.

Hmmm. Are you on a diuretic? The symptoms we typically see associated with this are dizziness and confusion. 
  • Options
    No diuretic. I have been super dizzy and unbelievably tired and headaches. No chance of pregnancy either. Started prozac a couple of months ago and just upped the dose a week ago. I had the same reaction to wellbutrin. 
  • Options
    Maybe the increase in prozac caused it. Hopefully it's a mild case, which it sounds like since you aren't having any nausea or vomiting. That sucks. Good luck tomorrow. Hopefully they find something that works for you!
  • Options
    I was super nauseous today but I'm thinking it was anxiety from not knowing what was going on. Thanks so much for your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"