Military Families
Options

I leave for BMT in a month :(

Kinda having a sad day because I realize I'll be gone in a month from my DS.  It's going to be SO hard but I hope it goes by quickly.  I know it's a little ridiculous to think he'll forget about me but it crosses my mind from time to time.  Just needed to vent a little..I know they'll be plenty more tough days over the next month but it really hit home today how soon I leave.  Any suggestions for things to do for him while i'm gone? I'm already making some videos he can watch but that's all i've got so far!

View Full Size Image 
View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I leave for BMT in a month :(

• Options
    You won't have a lot of time to write to him while you're there, so you could write some letters and get some cards for him (for any holidays or special events you'll miss) and leave them at home for his caregiver to open and read to him while you're gone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagetwest0508:
    You won't have a lot of time to write to him while you're there, so you could write some letters and get some cards for him (for any holidays or special events you'll miss) and leave them at home for his caregiver to open and read to him while you're gone.

Thanks :) I should add I will definitely miss DH as well! lol, but it's hard leaving my son

View Full Size Image 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I completely understand, I was married when I went to basic as well.  I can't imagine also having to leave a child at home!  Luckily, the time goes by quickly (it did for me at least) cause you're so busy all the time.  There were definitely days when I felt like it would never end, lol, but overall it passed by pretty quickly.  Remind your DH to write you very often, it's great getting mail while you're there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Good for you!!! Rock on!!!!

It'll go by fast I'm sure.

Maybe make a video of you reading his favorite book so they can read it together with you while you're on the TV?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Or maybe get a few of those books that record you reading them.  I think Hallmark has them.

imageF15Wife:

Good for you!!! Rock on!!!!

It'll go by fast I'm sure.

Maybe make a video of you reading his favorite book so they can read it together with you while you're on the TV?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

These are things I did for DS when DH deployed, which I'm sure will work great no matter how long you're gone or where you're going!

Daddy doll

Laminated some pictures of DH with DS and pictures of the family together so DS could carry those around and remember his face

We had a "daddy video" of DH that we watched every night before bed. He read DS books, sang songs and just talked to him

I LOVE the Hallmark book idea, and writing letters/cards for special occasions (or everyday) to remind DS you love and miss him! Good luck and it'll be over before you know it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Something cute my SIL did when my brother deployed (I know you won't be gone nearly as long, fortunately) was fill a clear glass jar (or bowl would work) with hershey kisses.. Figure out how many days you will be away and put that number of kisses in the jar or bowl, and he can eat "A kiss a day" for every day you are away... He will look forward to his "kiss from Momma" and he will see that as the number dwindles that he is that much closer to seeing you again!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the great ideas all!

View Full Size Image 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"