2nd Trimester

Shower Games

My sister and mom are planning my baby shower and my sister asked me for some ideas for shower games. Can  you ladies give me any ideas? I honestly have not been to very many showers so I am not sure what type of games are cute and fun and which might just be cheesy.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Shower Games

• Personally, I think they are all cheesy. ::shrugs:: The only "game" we had at mine was a drawing for a few door prizes.

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• I never minded the Baby Shower Bingo game. Got people to kinda pay attention during gift opening time but it wasn't too "hey everybody let's all stop and play a game" - People usually get into it.
    BabyFruit Ticker image imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't mind Bingo either.  I also was at my cousins baby shower and there were a few games on the tables so after you finished eating you just grabbed them and filled them in.  One game was children's books, A little line was out of the book and you had to write down the book name.  Also there was a game with childrens names, Girls name which is also an herb.  Rosemary.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not a shower game person so I have no suggestions.
  • I just hosted a shower for my SIL, we had 3 games:

1- guess how many tootsie rolls are in the baby bottle (it was an oversized bottle, about 18 inches tall)

2- Baby Animal Names - I had a list of 20 adult animals, the guests had to fill in the name of the baby. (ex. cow-calf, lion-cub, goat-kid, fish-fry, etc.) They were given 3 minutes to complete.

3- Gift Bingo - guests filled out their bingo card with gifts they thought would be opened that day. As each gift was opened the guests marked their cards. I think we had 5 bingos in the first 20-30 minutes of the gift opening.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love playing shower games!

Here are a few I like:

Which is the formula and baby powder? You put white powdered things in zippy bags (powdered formula, baby powder, powdered coffee creamer, powdered sugar, baking powder, flour, etc) and people have to guess which is the formula and which is the baby powder. They cannot open the baggys or smell them.

The Candy Bar Match Game

To play this game all guests have to do is name a candy that describes the questions and phrases that you as the hostesses will read aloud.

List of Baby Phrases with Candy to Match

1. Describes daddy during delivery-- Bonkers

2. Trying to decide what to call the baby--Whatchamacallit

3. What are epidurals?-- Lifesavers

4. If you are having a baby the hospital bill will be this high-- 100 Grand

5. This is a cute baby girls name-- Baby Ruth

6. Baby's first sounds-- Goo-Goo

7. How much time will the parents have to themselves when the baby is born?-- Zero

8. What can you call mom, dad and the baby?--Three Musketeers

9. Mom wouldn't want someone that has these hands holding the baby-- Butter Fingers

10. When will mommy buy diapers?-- Payday

11.Big pile of laundry-- Mounds

12.Baby's little laugh-- Snickers

13.The nine months of pregnancy-- Rocky Road

14.Cute name for twin boys-- Mike and Ike

15.Father that dotes on his baby girl-- Sugar daddies

16.Baby's nap time-- Take 5

17.What the doctor call the 11 pound babies?-- Whoppers

18.Mommy's belly after giving birth-- Jelly Belly

19.Address of baby registry-- 5th Avenue

20. What kind of a baby daddy does mom-to-be have?-- Big Hunk

• imageLaurdaJean:

I love playing shower games!

Here are a few I like:

Which is the formula and baby powder? You put white powdered things in zippy bags (powdered formula, baby powder, powdered coffee creamer, powdered sugar, baking powder, flour, etc) and people have to guess which is the formula and which is the baby powder. They cannot open the baggys or smell them.

The Candy Bar Match Game

To play this game all guests have to do is name a candy that describes the questions and phrases that you as the hostesses will read aloud.

List of Baby Phrases with Candy to Match

1. Describes daddy during delivery-- Bonkers

2. Trying to decide what to call the baby--Whatchamacallit

3. What are epidurals?-- Lifesavers

4. If you are having a baby the hospital bill will be this high-- 100 Grand

5. This is a cute baby girls name-- Baby Ruth

6. Baby's first sounds-- Goo-Goo

7. How much time will the parents have to themselves when the baby is born?-- Zero

8. What can you call mom, dad and the baby?--Three Musketeers

9. Mom wouldn't want someone that has these hands holding the baby-- Butter Fingers

10. When will mommy buy diapers?-- Payday

11.Big pile of laundry-- Mounds

12.Baby's little laugh-- Snickers

13.The nine months of pregnancy-- Rocky Road

14.Cute name for twin boys-- Mike and Ike

15.Father that dotes on his baby girl-- Sugar daddies

16.Baby's nap time-- Take 5

17.What the doctor call the 11 pound babies?-- Whoppers

18.Mommy's belly after giving birth-- Jelly Belly

19.Address of baby registry-- 5th Avenue

20. What kind of a baby daddy does mom-to-be have?-- Big Hunk

Those are really cute. I am stealing this

GreenHood Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll let you in on a little secret: People don't like playing games at showers. They want to eat, watch you open their gift, and go home. They don't want to waste half of their day at a baby shower playing stupid games.
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • My all time favorite is the safety pins game. You put a bunch of safety pins in a bowl with rice. Each guests closes their eyes and tries to find as many safety pins as possible in 30 seconds. Sounds simple but for some reason you CAN'T feel the dag on safety pins! It's hilarious to watch people search for the pins, bcs everyone assumes it will be easy. Always gets TONS of laughs. Another cute game is wear you use string or toilet paper and each guest us asked to take the length of string or toilet paper they think the mother's belly measures. Again hilarious to see how many people seriously over estimate the size.

Not everyone hates the games...people just hate the usual boring ones. As long as you have 3 fun ones it should be a good time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Another good game is to take a bunch of jars of baby food and take the labels off.  Have everyone guess what they are.  You can play this 2 ways- either allow people to taste the food, or not.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I HATE shower games.. if they have them, I quietly don't participate most of the time.  I can;t stand the cheese factor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I recently did this at a shower.  There was no time frame, just papers at the seats where we ate.  It was to guess the costs of baby items and write them down. And each table was provided a color print out of the item, so it was specific to the brand and all that stuff.  Then they gave us the real prices, a few items where maybe people wouldn't know to make it fun...like some ridiculously expensive ones. And then a winner for the closest and a winner for the person farthest off, like way too low.
  • I am not a huge fan of shower games.  The only thing I am doing at my sister's shower is the timer game when she is opening gifts.  And, it's not a game, but putting a card under one seat per table and that person wins the centerpiece. 
    surprise BFP 7/12/05 = missed m/c and D&C 9/28/05; TTC since 10/06; 1/16/08-D&C to remove bicournate uterus; 4 IUI's = BFN, 2 IVF's = BFFN. 8/5/09 Surprise BFP!! = another missed m/c and d&c 9/28/09 IVF #3 May 2010 = BFP!!!!  Beautiful DD born 1/16/2012.  8/1/13 Surprise BFP!!!  EDD 4/13/14.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"