Upstate NY Babies
Options

advice for a ftm... sick 1 mo old

hey ladies.  today the baby pretty much cried and nursed all day long.  i took her temp earlier and it was 99.  now it is 99.4.  i know neither of these are high and the dr said to call if it gets to 100.4 at our first appt when she went over things with us, but her sad little state is freaking me out.  any tips to make her more comfy?  do babies often run temps like this?  

Re: advice for a ftm... sick 1 mo old

• Options

Ben's been sick, alot. here's some tricks I use. Run a semi-warm tub, and get in the tub with her. She may need a towel over her is you have her up against you. You can check with your nurse on giving her baby meds. i can't remember if it's tylenol (I think it is) but your nurse can tell you...

Cotton jammies, nothing too heavy. Or try taking your shirt off and wearing against your skin. I used moby wrap.

If YOU are not comfortable with her behavior/demeanor, no matter what her temp is, CALL YOUR PED. THat's what they are there for. Don't worry about it, I call like 2xs a month still!

I hope she feels better soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Oh no- poor little girl...

L was only like that a couple of times- a luke warm wash cloth on her forehead, cotton jammies...

L ran hot a lot- and i was always calling the pedi- I agree with PP- call if she seems off- rather go in for no reason than let it turn into something major 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My little girl got sick a few days after she was released from the NICU. She was 5 weeks old and had been born 8 weeks early, my husband and I lived in GA, and had no family that lived near us, so needless to say, I freaked out!

I called my doctor even though Emma's temp as only 99.something, mostly because she was still really a "newborn." 

I would try what the other ladies said, but like someone said, if you're not comfortable, call the doc! My niece had a low grade fever like that when she was a month old, and her hospital wanted to admit her just for observation, because it is scary anytime a new little one has any temp. (The mother and father are morons though and refused to let them admit her!) It was obviously a virus--she is fine now--But I'd say for your little one--if she is still that way later today--give the doc a call. It will ease your mind!

• Options
    I would call the ped., mainly because she is not acting like herself.  Like PP said, that is what they are there for.  Hope that she is feeling better!
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    thanks girls.  her temp is up slightly today so i am calling.  appreciate the advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"