Health & Exercise
Options

Albuterol and Exercise when Pregnant

Hi.  I just got my BFP a few days ago, and I saw something that said Albuterol is a class C drug.  I have exercise induced asthma, and the only time I ever use it is if I go running, which isn't often lately to be honest (maybe 3 days a week if lucky).  I was wondering if I might be better off  not running anymore and just sticking to walking (or something else) where I don't need the Albuterol.  Does anyone have any information on this? 

TIA!

Visit The Nest!

Re: Albuterol and Exercise when Pregnant

• Options
    I took it just about everyday when pregnant both times before I would work out and never seemed to have a problem. For me the benefits out weighed the risks. I was more concerned about staying active than being sedentary
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have exercise induced asthma and use my albuterol every morning before my run.  My doctor said it's MUCH safer and more preferred to take the medication and make sure the baby has enough oxygen.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageblu-eyedwife:
    I have exercise induced asthma and use my albuterol every morning before my run.  My doctor said it's MUCH safer and more preferred to take the medication and make sure the baby has enough oxygen.

this!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Great!!  Thanks for the advice! 
    Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    imageCrash Into Me:

You might get lucky and your asthma won't bother you while pg!  My OB said one of three things happens: your asthma gets worse with being pg, it gets better, or it stays the same.  The extra estrogen while pregnant helps to keep it in check.

My inhaler is albuterol and my OB said that I need to breathe easily in order to help keep the oxygen flowing through my blood and to the placenta/baby.

Make sure you bring this up at your appt.  

I rarely used my inhaler while pg.  My asthma did get bad as soon as I delivered!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"