VBAC

35w and awaiting VBAC

Hi all,  I do not post much but lurk often. I am 35w today and attempting VBAC. I had a cervical check today and I am not dilated. I had my son at 35w1d emergency csection. I was having contractions  but not dilated yet. I went in with 4 days loose stools and certain I was in labor. They didn't think I was but after DS heart rate dropped and they prepped me for a csection, my water broke. 

I have been on progesterone this time to prevent preterm.  Today I am not dilated.  I was a little upset because they won't induce and I want to see my body make some progress.  But lo and behold, LO has dropped.  I am measuring 32 weeks now and I have been sure she dropped due to increased pressure, sudden hemorrhoids, less heartburn and breathing difficult and increased peeing.  I have read 2nd time moms don't usually experience this until labor but my doctor is sure of it.  I have to have an U/S next week if she does not go from at least 32 to 33 since she is still suppose to grow.  My question is anyone have experience with dropping until impending labor.  I have read 2 to 4 weeks. DS dropped the morning I had him.

I don't know what its like to rough out these last weeks.  I am excited for some progress and hope I start dilating sooner rather than later.  I am also excited at my chance to VBAC.  Thanks for any advice and I love reading the questions and success stories!

Former name = GLUCA IVF #4 DS 11/28/09 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers TTC#2 IVF#3 ER 2/9/11 ET 2/12/11 Beta 1 12dp3dt 51; Beta 2 16dp3dt 449; Beta 3 19dp3dt 1406; Beta 4 23dp3dt 4115; U/S 3/15/11 6w6d HB 135 EDD 11/2/11!!! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: 35w and awaiting VBAC

• I havent had my vbac yet, but my dr too wont induce labor. If your baby has their head down...then just let your body do the rest. relax and let your muscles relax and that will help everything go smoothly...(can you tell i have been reading the hypnobirthing book!)

Hugs and prayers for a nice calm vaginal birth!

DC:#1 10/2006 born at 40 weeks (33 weeks PTL)
    DC#2 born silent at 22 weeks 1.11.11
    Dc#3 born vbac 1/2012 <bra DC#4 born VBAC 3/2014
  • I'm right there with ya, mama! 35 weeks today and also had an OB appt but no cervical check yet. I am hoping they will start checking next week. I know she will be doing my GBS test but she didn't mention a cervical check. We'll see. I don't have any advice on the dropping question. I have been carrying this pregnancy a lot lower than my first, all along, but have not noticed any recent changes. I've been driving myself crazy trying to think of things to do to help the process (at least to help me feel like I am doing all I can). Have started EPO and RRL tea and am trying to keep up physical activity (mostly walking) rather than giving in to exhaustion and laying on the couch all day. I suppose that is about all I can do. Good luck to you! Hopefully we will both be getting our successful vbacs in about 5 weeks (or less)!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies.  I am very excited and trying to not get my hopes up.  Its hard to make it through these last anxiety filled weeks. 

manbearpig31610 - I have been drinking RRL (though my doctor was not happy with it given my preterm labor - she admitted to being overly neurotic and saying its an OWT that can induce).  I have continued anyway because everything says it won't induce unless labor is ready to start and it has helped with my constipation.  I am nervous about the EPO but may start it vaginally next week.  Anything to help!  I have also kept up with walking, strength training and yoga. 

Good luck to you as well!  I look forward to reading about your experience!

Former name = GLUCA IVF #4 DS 11/28/09 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers TTC#2 IVF#3 ER 2/9/11 ET 2/12/11 Beta 1 12dp3dt 51; Beta 2 16dp3dt 449; Beta 3 19dp3dt 1406; Beta 4 23dp3dt 4115; U/S 3/15/11 6w6d HB 135 EDD 11/2/11!!! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am pretty sure I dropped about a week, week and a half before I had DS.
    I Can't Resist Those Chubby Cheeks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Dx with endo & blocked left tube - TTC #1 for 29 cycles before miracle BFP, #2 - Surprise!!
    My TTC/PG blog / Panda Phenomenon Explained
  • imageJenniferL923:
    I am pretty sure I dropped about a week, week and a half before I had DS.

That's reassuring.  I definitely dropped a little more on Friday so I am hoping we make it full term next week and then whenever she wants to comes is fine with me!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"