May 2011 Moms

Bottle/nipple question...

I'm trying to get LO to take a bit bigger bottles to space our feedings out past three hours.  LO has no problem finishing a bigger bottle, but I'm having trouble with the nipples.

Yesterday I used a fast flow nipple with a 6.5oz bottle, and LO drank it quickly, and proceeded to throw up the entire thing into my lap. He gets the formula too fast and can't keep it down.

With a slow nipple, it takes him about 25 minutes to finish a bottle that size.  I don't mind that (I love feeding time) but wonder if I should be concerned about that. He doesn't spit up much after the slow nipple.

I so wish playtex had 'medium' flow nipples.

Anyone had the same problem? How did you solve it?  DH pulls the bottle out a bunch of times when using the fast flow, and tries to burp LO, but it makes LO quite upset. It does cut down on spit up though. 

imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bottle/nipple question...

• It takes Cece a good 20ish minutes to finish her 8 oz bottle.  We use Breastflow which only has 2 nipple flows and we are on the highest one right now. 

I'd just stick with the slow flow for now. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I use medium nipples with the Playtex VentAire bottles...

They have slow, medium and fast.  I got them at Babies R Us.

~~~I am MrsPLW71~~~ Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

My Birth Story
  • Loading the player...
  • Here you go:

https://www.playtexbaby.com/Bottles/Dropins/Silicone-Nipples?gclid=CIzJopmiwKsCFYpM4Aodfygmsw 

PRODUCT INFORMATION

• NaturaLatch? nipple features raised, textured area that is like the breast
    • Made of medical grade silicone
    • Perfect for babies switching from breast to bottle
    • Available in slow flow, medium flow and fast flow ? perfect for all stages of baby?s growth.

My Birth Story
  • image2BlackCats:

Here you go:

https://www.playtexbaby.com/Bottles/Dropins/Silicone-Nipples?gclid=CIzJopmiwKsCFYpM4Aodfygmsw 

PRODUCT INFORMATION

• NaturaLatch? nipple features raised, textured area that is like the breast
    • Made of medical grade silicone
    • Perfect for babies switching from breast to bottle
    • Available in slow flow, medium flow and fast flow ? perfect for all stages of baby?s growth.

This drives me nuts?  I've looked at about three places here, and can only find slow and fast.  Do you think they only make medium in the states?  Stupid Canada!! 

imageimage
  • I would just keep your LO on slow.  DD is on slow flow and only about a handful of times has imploded the nipple.  She finishes her 5-6 oz bottles anywhere from 8-15 mins.
  • It's because you are in Canada. I bought medium when I went to the states. I am going again Nov 9th and will gladly ship them to you.. but thats about 6 weeks. Maybe a bumpie can ship you some.

FWIW my LO takes 25 mins to finish 6 oz with med flow. Was going to switch to fast (bought some yesterday) but I don't think I will anymore.  I really dont mind how long it takes. I'd rather that over him spitting up.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageNeverEnoughTime:

It's because you are in Canada. I bought medium when I went to the states. I am going again Nov 9th and will gladly ship them to you.. but thats about 6 weeks. Maybe a bumpie can ship you some.

FWIW my LO takes 25 mins to finish 6 oz with med flow. Was going to switch to fast (bought some yesterday) but I don't think I will anymore.  I really dont mind how long it takes. I'd rather that over him spitting up.

Canada doesn't deserve medium flow nipples... so sad. :)

Thanks for the tip.  I have a few friends who go over the line regularly and I'm sure one wont mind grabbing them for me (it annoys me because I went down last week!)

I want to see how the medium go because LO really slows down after the 20 minute mark, I think he just gets tired.  I want to start trying 7oz, but I don't think he'd last that long!  

Thanks again! 

imageimage
  • Wow, I can't believe Canada doesn't carry them!!  I hope you can get them soon for your LO

My Birth Story
  • image2BlackCats:

Wow, I can't believe Canada doesn't carry them!!  I hope you can get them soon for your LO

There are a billion things about products/shipping/prices between the states and canada I just don't understand...  

imageimage
  • imageCanuckFan03:
    image2BlackCats:

Wow, I can't believe Canada doesn't carry them!!  I hope you can get them soon for your LO

There are a billion things about products/shipping/prices between the states and canada I just don't understand...  

Like peanut butter captain crunch

and special k crackers

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageNeverEnoughTime:
    imageCanuckFan03:
    image2BlackCats:

Like peanut butter captain crunch

and special k crackers

Oh don't start. My list could go on forever. Wine is about half the price and available EVERYWHERE? Most groceries are about 30% cheaper in the states. It hurts me. But we will forever have Hawkins cheeses and ketchup chips. :)
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"