May 2011 Moms

Spit Up ?

DS seems to spit up a lot. I'm talking 2 hours after he has had a bottle (FF). If he is sitting up, he spits up, if he is lying down he spits up, and if he is rolled over on his belly, whoa, spits up everytime. He burps well after his bottles (6 oz every 3-4 hours). He doesn't fuss when he spits up, it is like he just opens his mouth and it pours out. I know that a little amount of spit up can look like a lot, and he gains weight and it doesn't seem to bother him. Just wondering if anyone else's LO does this (especially now that he can roll himself onto his stomach) and if mom's of 2 or more can tell me how long this lasts. I am headed out today to get more bibs, we go through like 6 a day. Thanks!

DS1 Born Apr 29 2011

DS2 Born Nov 5 2013

Pregnant with #3 Dec 24 2014, MMC found at 10w, D&C Feb 10th 2015

Cautious BFP May 25th 2015 EDD Feb 6 2016

Re: Spit Up ?

• imagelilcoco13:
    DS seems to spit up a lot. I'm talking 2 hours after he has had a bottle (FF). If he is sitting up, he spits up, if he is lying down he spits up, and if he is rolled over on his belly, whoa, spits up everytime. He burps well after his bottles (6 oz every 3-4 hours). He doesn't fuss when he spits up, it is like he just opens his mouth and it pours out. I know that a little amount of spit up can look like a lot, and he gains weight and it doesn't seem to bother him. Just wondering if anyone else's LO does this (especially now that he can roll himself onto his stomach) and if mom's of 2 or more can tell me how long this lasts. I am headed out today to get more bibs, we go through like 6 a day. Thanks!

This. Evangeline spit a ton in the beginning but I think because she was lactose intolerant, but even on soy she is not fussy anymore but spits up a ton. We use quite a few bibs a day and a lot of spit rags. Also, doesn't bother her at all. She doesn't even seem to notice. Silly girl.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • One of my girls spits up a ton, but it doesn't seem to bother her, she has plenty of wet/dirty diapers, and she is a TANK (15lbs 12oz)!  When we asked the doc about it, she was like, "oh, she's a happy spitter!"  I guess it's something they'll just grow out of.  In the meantime, I'll be doing lots of laundry! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelilcoco13:
    DS seems to spit up a lot. I'm talking 2 hours after he has had a bottle (FF). If he is sitting up, he spits up, if he is lying down he spits up, and if he is rolled over on his belly, whoa, spits up everytime. He burps well after his bottles (6 oz every 3-4 hours). He doesn't fuss when he spits up, it is like he just opens his mouth and it pours out. I know that a little amount of spit up can look like a lot, and he gains weight and it doesn't seem to bother him. Just wondering if anyone else's LO does this (especially now that he can roll himself onto his stomach) and if mom's of 2 or more can tell me how long this lasts. I am headed out today to get more bibs, we go through like 6 a day. Thanks!
    This sounds just like my DD. Every day I hope she will grow out of it soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well, sounds like it is pretty common. I just can't wait for it to stop/for him to grow out of it. He loves to roll on his belly, but he spits up everytime. I want him to have his tummy time without having to hover over him waiting for the spit up (sometimes 2-3 times) so he doesn't face plant in it.

DS1 Born Apr 29 2011

DS2 Born Nov 5 2013

Pregnant with #3 Dec 24 2014, MMC found at 10w, D&C Feb 10th 2015

Cautious BFP May 25th 2015 EDD Feb 6 2016

• I asked DS's ped about this because he spits up ALL THE TIME.  He said that he's gaining weight and has plenty of pee/poop diapers, so not to worry.  He said DS is a happy spitter and it's just a laundry issue.  Lucky me!!  We go through a ton of bibs every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"