May 2011 Moms

OPK and Shettles Theory- Poll

According to Shettles, " boy insemination should occur as close as possible to the moment of ovulation so that the faster, Y-sperm arrive first and achieve conception. When seeking a girl insemination the couple should seek to have sex 2? to 3 days before ovulation."

Accordingly, if an OPK is used and followed, it seems a boy would most often be born to those couples using them.  That is certainly the case for us; we had a boy.

If you used an OPK (and followed it), did this prove to be true for you?

[Poll]
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: OPK and Shettles Theory- Poll

• OPK both times, boy both times. I'll be curious to see what else you get for replies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used OPK's but I always had a hard time with them. My cycle was pretty regular and the CM was a much better indicator for me. I read the Shettles book and we kind of "loosely" followed what to do for a boy and we had a boy. So, I don't know. I'm on the fence as to if that had anything to do with it or if it was just the luck of the draw. It's interesting anyway. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • DS was an OPK/Charting-had sex day before/day of/ day after ovulation.

DD---we used FAM between babies, but as we approached October (my DS' 2 year bday) we were more lax about it.  I thought I had ovulated, but my ovulation was late. We had sex 5 days before ovulation. Bam, girl.

This is why I believe the theory holds some weight. :D

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"