May 2011 Moms

Real Housewives of "hometown"

Now we don't live anywhere near Hollywood, but you might not know it if you were to ever go the church in my hometown.  These are the women who still tan everyday, twice a day, and come out of the gym looking like they are coming out of a magazine, whereas I come out of the gym looking like death warmed over. 

I'm not what you would call a "girly" girl, never have been, but we had a baby shower to go to, so I can sure make an effort.  I had a really cute pink dress that DD finally fits in!  Her hair is super curly so we don't do much with it yet, but did put a pink clip in it just for effect.  So we are there mingling, and I do have the cutest baby in the world, so no problem there, but still got some comments like "mommy hasn't painted your nails yet?" "When are you going to pierce her ears?" Really??

Am I missing something?  I felt like we were in Todlers and Tiaras... I know some people pierce the ears when they are young, and I'm not trying to get into one of those debates again, but I had never even thought of painting her nails already? Have any of you done this yet? 

Mainly I just left happy that we had moved and DD doesn't have to grow up feeling that pressure to look/dress a certain way...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Real Housewives of "hometown"

• Sorry, it's not a tough crowd, this board is just kind of dead as many people have moved over to facebook and there's been lots of drama lately.

If I had a DD I probably wouldn't paint her nails but I would get her ears pierced as I had mine done as a baby and am really glad I did- they never close up, even if I only wear earrings twice a year and I don't remember them hurting.

I have a DS and I took him to church yesterday in cargo pants and a long-sleeved t-shirt. He wasn't feeling the best and I wanted him to be comfy- I don't think God cares :P I give him a little mohawk sometimes and he does wear a lot of dress shirts and polos (usually with jeans) but that's about it. He only wears shoes a couple times a month if we go somewhere fancy.

I'd ignore- sounds like crazytown.

• Loading the player...
  • I have been asked if I plan to do any of that. There is baby safe nail polish I thought about getting. I decided against it. I want her ears pierced, but I don't like the idea of a gun shooting a freaking needle into her ear!  

• imagedarmca:

Sorry, it's not a tough crowd, this board is just kind of dead as many people have moved over to facebook and there's been lots of drama lately.

If I had a DD I probably wouldn't paint her nails but I would get her ears pierced as I had mine done as a baby and am really glad I did- they never close up, even if I only wear earrings twice a year and I don't remember them hurting.

I have a DS and I took him to church yesterday in cargo pants and a long-sleeved t-shirt. He wasn't feeling the best and I wanted him to be comfy- I don't think God cares :P I give him a little mohawk sometimes and he does wear a lot of dress shirts and polos (usually with jeans) but that's about it. He only wears shoes a couple times a month if we go somewhere fancy.

Thank you! That's what I think!  It is sad to me that we're getting this at church! I understand that other environments in her life will probably put that "perfection" pressure (i.e. school, work etc.) but I was hoping church would be a safe zone..

As for the ear piercing, I did have them as a baby also, and they did reclose when I was between 8 and 10, so we had to have them repierced.  It wasn't a big deal to me, but I don't know if and when we will get DDs done.

I guess I save facebook for friends I actually know IRL... been tempted to look the group up a couple times but not sorry I haven't so far.. Stick out tongue

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagerobyn183718:
    imagedarmca:

Sorry, it's not a tough crowd, this board is just kind of dead as many people have moved over to facebook and there's been lots of drama lately.

Thank you! That's what I think!  It is sad to me that we're getting this at church! I understand that other environments in her life will probably put that "perfection" pressure (i.e. school, work etc.) but I was hoping church would be a safe zone..

As for the ear piercing, I did have them as a baby also, and they did reclose when I was between 8 and 10, so we had to have them repierced.  It wasn't a big deal to me, but I don't know if and when we will get DDs done.

I guess I save facebook for friends I actually know IRL... been tempted to look the group up a couple times but not sorry I haven't so far.. Stick out tongue

I wasn't trying to be a facebook group pusher (for the record)- I was just explaining why the boards are slow.

• am i the only person who doesn't have a facebook, twitter, pinterest account..?  i feel out of the loop.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • what is the facebook group name?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I plan on piercing DD's ears but never even thought of putting nail polish on her. I don't think she'd stay still long enough!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"