May 2011 Moms

token

I know this is a little late- I wanted to give it some thought- but I just wanted to say something about this weeks posts. 

I like Token and I don't think she is a self-righteous know-it-all or B*&^% like some have expressed.  (Nor do I think anyone else on this board is such, as well.)    She was the only one on the CD board who was non-judgemental and made me feel okay with the fact that I had to give up on CD.  Everyone else tried to diagnose my child and convince me to keep trying CD, which would have prolonged my child's health issues, even after I had seen a pedi.  She helped me put it in perspective.

I don't care who flames me.  I hope Token sticks around because I look for her posts and appreciate her opinion and experience, just as I do many others on this board.  After all, isn't that what we are all giving here? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: token

• Is an entire thread about your opinion of another Bumpie truly necessary?  And I don't think token is going anywhere just because a few people have issues with things she's said.  If there's one thing to be said for her, it's that she couldn't care less what Internet strangers think of her.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • You're very sweet to post this, and I'm glad if I've helped you.

I'm good, I'm just backing off the board for a little while. If it's not fun, what's the point? And yes, I'm a sucker that will probably stick around. Or not. Ask my old board (money matters) how much they've seen of me lately.

• Loading the player...
  • imagekacelle:
    Is an entire thread about your opinion of another Bumpie truly necessary?  And I don't think token is going anywhere just because a few people have issues with things she's said.  If there's one thing to be said for her, it's that she couldn't care less what Internet strangers think of her.

Yes it is. Not to justify, but other people create posts just to tell someone to check their private messages. 

Glad you will be around, Token.

• imagetokenhoser:

You're very sweet to post this, and I'm glad if I've helped you.

I'm good, I'm just backing off the board for a little while. If it's not fun, what's the point? And yes, I'm a sucker that will probably stick around. Or not. Ask my old board (money matters) how much they've seen of me lately.

Miss you on the MM board ~ although I never have a lot of time to be on the boards myself.  Glad you are going to stick around. 

~~~I am MrsPLW71~~~ Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

My Birth Story
  • Uh, did I miss something? Token called me and some others out. It wasn't the other way around.  And I have yet to see her response to any of what was posted after she did the other day on UO. I like Token. I always have, but it's just a bit funny when you see the pot calling the kettle black, eh?

So, are you GBCB'ing, Token? I missed that thread. And really, I would have expected more out of you then to just bow out after a call out as schitty as that one.

Buck up. You say it all the time, so take your own damn advice. You are well-researched, so am I.  You do what's best for your family, and I'll keep giving advice to those that are doing what's best for theirs.   Jeepers. Get over yourself.

• Get over myself?

When have I ever claimed to be in this for anything more than entertainment?

I post when it's fun. I back off when it's not. Some Saturdays, I go to a wedding. It's crazy how life exists outside the house and away from my computer.

I really don't have a problem with you, Lisa. Well, not the way I have a problem with stupid people. I don't think you're stupid at all. My original call out was in fact to people too damn lazy to open a book, not really to you. 

But if you'd like to continue discussing it, go nuts. Meanwhile, I don't owe the board the grace of my presence. It's pretty much dead around here anyway.

• My apparently unpopular opinion is that I like Token too and hope she sticks around. She can be a little brash but I attribute most of that to not being able to read tone.
    Plus it's always nice to see a Canadian that bucks the "Canadians are always super nice and cheerful!" thing.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • imagetokenhoser:

Get over myself?

I post when it's fun. I back off when it's not. Some Saturdays, I go to a wedding. It's crazy how life exists outside the house and away from my computer.

I really don't have a problem with you, Lisa. Well, not the way I have a problem with stupid people. I don't think you're stupid at all. My original call out was in fact to people too damn lazy to open a book, not really to you. 

But if you'd like to continue discussing it, go nuts. Meanwhile, I don't owe the board the grace of my presence. It's pretty much dead around here anyway.

Wrong.

I usually stay away from this fighting crap but now I am offended by grouping the masses of us who ask for help with being lazy.  I have read lots of books and still have questions.  I like to ask for the advice from people who have had experience.

I am glad you never had to ask anyone for help or advice.  Good for you.  Me, I will continue to ask for help and advice when needed from people who I believe are knowledgeable on the subject.

Last menstral cycle 9/09 Initial diagnosis PCOS (11/09) Provera (x2), P4 injection. Final Diagnosis POF (2/10) 
    Donor ER 8/27/10 -- ET 9/1/10 Beta 9/10/10=BFP! May 6th 2011 - Our sweet little bear was born!
    FET #2 July 3, 2014 - BFP!
    M/C @ 9 weeks

FET #3 November 8, 2013 - BFN
    FET #4 February 12, 2014
    POAS (I cheated) BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageknicoletti:
    imagetokenhoser:

Get over myself?

Wrong.

I usually stay away from this fighting crap but now I am offended by grouping the masses of us who ask for help with being lazy.  I have read lots of books and still have questions.  I like to ask for the advice from people who have had experience.

I am glad you never had to ask anyone for help or advice.  Good for you.  Me, I will continue to ask for help and advice when needed from people who I believe are knowledgeable on the subject.

Well, if you know you can read, why are you offended?

There are posts that outright say "I haven't actually done any reading or research, now would you Queens of Sleep just fix my baby?"

• OMFG what did I miss? 

And Token, don't go away! MM hasn't been the same since and losing you again sounds sucky.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAnneShirleyBlythe:

OMFG what did I miss? 

And Token, don't go away! MM hasn't been the same since and losing you again sounds sucky.  

Read the UO thread. 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageiris427:
    imageAnneShirleyBlythe:

OMFG what did I miss? 

Read the UO thread. 

And then realize that you missed nothing.

If neither you nor iris are here, I'm not really sure why I want to be. Again, this board is pretty much dead.

• imagetokenhoser:
    imageiris427:
    imageAnneShirleyBlythe:

OMFG what did I miss? 

Read the UO thread. 

If neither you nor iris are here, I'm not really sure why I want to be. Again, this board is pretty much dead.

Then go.  I mean, for someone that talks such a big "I don't give a schit what people think about me" game, you sure do seem to care.  

I learned that you talk big, but really, when it comes down to it, you can't take the heat. If you could, you would have responded to Iris in UO. 

• imageLisa Frank:
    imagetokenhoser:
    imageiris427:
    imageAnneShirleyBlythe:

OMFG what did I miss? 

Read the UO thread. 

Then go.  I mean, for someone that talks such a big "I don't give a schit what people think about me" game, you sure do seem to care.  

I learned that you talk big, but really, when it comes down to it, you can't take the heat. If you could, you would have responded to Iris in UO. 

Yes

• imageLisa Frank:

And I've learned that you must have the last word.

• This issue really isn't that difficult to diagnose... Token admits (previously) to intentionally starting drama to liven up the board, which people take as a personal attack instead. The "call-out" for the UOT was to the people who *page* the "sleep experts" (which I agree with! the "*Lisa Frank/Iris/pook/Ferber himself* come in, I've never read a book in my entire life but teach me to CIO please!" posts were annoying as hell), who instead thought she was talking shiit about them, which ended up spinning that way after they reply defensively.

What a shocker, different personalities and parenting methods aren't best buds on a public message board, someone alert the media...

Maybe I'm just opening myself up to be yelled at, too, but this seriously isn't a big deal and doesn't need to be dragged out as one. Everyone needs to lighten up.

• imagekacelle:
    Is an entire thread about your opinion of another Bumpie truly necessary?  And I don't think token is going anywhere just because a few people have issues with things she's said.  If there's one thing to be said for her, it's that she couldn't care less what Internet strangers think of her.

This is what I thought, too.  I'm highly disappointed that she's bowing out just because the board isn't that fun anymore.  Pffft.

And I thought she had to leave MM because she was chased off after linking to a thread on the bump where she said something about "I guess I don't have enough dead babies in my sig".  Which is why I think she's a b!tch.  If I'm talking about the wrong token/uncannycanuck, then my apologies in advance.

• imagepook:

imagekacelle:

This is what I thought, too.  I'm highly disappointed that she's bowing out just because the board isn't that fun anymore.  Pffft.

And I thought she had to leave MM because she was chased off after linking to a thread on the bump where she said something about "I guess I don't have enough dead babies in my sig".  Which is why I think she's a b!tch.  If I'm talking about the wrong token/uncannycanuck, then my apologies in advance.

omg if that is token/uncanncannuck or what ever I too have to join the "think she is a b!tch" camp too. no where is that ever funny. that is sick.

Token ~ why can you give advice and others cannot? seriously everyone has their different parenting skills and no matter how many books etc that everyone here can read there is always something new in products or techniques that Alot of us ladies on here like to read about. hey some might be obvious to you but maybe some of us have never heard of it before. Life would be boring if we did not learn everyday.  

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• imagepook:

imagekacelle:

Oh yeah? That's verrrryyyy interesting (the bolded part). I'm surprised I didn't know that.

And Token, I am guilty of needing the last word. And I'm also capable of owning up to being wrong and admitting my faults. WEE!!! What a concept...apparently, the victim spiel works best on you.

• imagepook:

Really? Hmmmm.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • imagetokenhoser:
    imageknicoletti:
    imagetokenhoser:

Get over myself?

Wrong.

Well, if you know you can read, why are you offended?

There are posts that outright say "I haven't actually done any reading or research, now would you Queens of Sleep just fix my baby?"

True.  I feel a little silly now because that is what I tell my kinder kids everyday.  See, I should never get involved.

Oh well, sorry.

Last menstral cycle 9/09 Initial diagnosis PCOS (11/09) Provera (x2), P4 injection. Final Diagnosis POF (2/10) 
    Donor ER 8/27/10 -- ET 9/1/10 Beta 9/10/10=BFP! May 6th 2011 - Our sweet little bear was born!
    FET #2 July 3, 2014 - BFP!
    M/C @ 9 weeks

FET #3 November 8, 2013 - BFN
    FET #4 February 12, 2014
    POAS (I cheated) BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I remember when Uncanny (aka Token, which she has never made a secret of) left MM and I don't remember it having anything to do with the signature thing. 
  • imagepook:

imagekacelle:

Really? Someone would actually say that!!! 

I remember when Uncanny (aka Token, which she has never made a secret of) left MM and I don't remember it having anything to do with the signature thing. 

Maybe not why she left or changed names, but I'm pretty sure she did say something along those lines. 

It stuck to my memory because I'd had a miscarriage right before getting pregnant with Georgia & was still quite sensitive about it, and I also lurk on MM.  I'm pretty sure she linked the post over there.

I remember when Uncanny (aka Token, which she has never made a secret of) left MM and I don't remember it having anything to do with the signature thing. 

I just hope someone wouldn't be that insensitive. I've made some stupid mistakes in my time here but I would never intentionally say something that hurtful. So I truly hope it's not true.

Meimsx no more
  • It's been deleted. It was on 1st tri, right around the time that we all got pregnant last year.

A whole lot makes sense for me now. That's all I'm sayin'. 

• imagepook:

imageAnneShirleyBlythe:

Maybe not why she left or changed names, but I'm pretty sure she did say something along those lines. 

It stuck to my memory because I'd had a miscarriage right before getting pregnant with Georgia & was still quite sensitive about it, and I also lurk on MM.  I'm pretty sure she linked the post over there.

I think you are right, now the timeline is coming back to me.

She still never made a secret of who she was, so I don't see how it makes a difference now. Lots of people here have said/done incredibly stupid or insensitive things and they have been forgiven (but of course the Bump never forgets). 

imagepook:

imageAnneShirleyBlythe:

She still never made a secret of who she was, so I don't see how it makes a difference now. Lots of people here have said/done incredibly stupid or insensitive things and they have been forgiven (but of course the Bump never forgets). 

Yes, I know that better than anyone.  Which is why I'm not saying anything.

• imageLisa Frank:
    imageAnneShirleyBlythe:
    imagepook:

imageAnneShirleyBlythe:

Yes, I know that better than anyone.  Which is why I'm not saying anything.

LOL well there is that but you weren't who I was referring to :-)  

• I've never ever made anything resembling a secret of my old username. It got near 20K posts and it was embarrassing.

And yes, I've said things I probably shouldn't have in the past. The internet never forgets. That was a while ago, and I did apologize to the poster in question.

I left MM ultimately when I lost interest. I still lurk sometimes... but it's not interesting to me at the moment, so I rarely post.

Honestly, people, this is not the scandal it's become because it's a slow news day. It was a silly UO thread. I really don't think this is a big deal, and if Lisa Frank had issue with me as uncannycanuck, I don't remember it.

• imagetokenhoser:

I've never ever made anything resembling a secret of my old username. It got near 20K posts and it was embarrassing.

And yes, I've said things I probably shouldn't have in the past. The internet never forgets. That was a while ago, and I did apologize to the poster in question.

I left MM ultimately when I lost interest. I still lurk sometimes... but it's not interesting to me at the moment, so I rarely post.

Honestly, people, this is not the scandal it's become because it's a slow news day. It was a silly UO thread. I really don't think this is a big deal, and if Lisa Frank had issue with me as uncannycanuck, I don't remember it.

But none of this matters, because you don't care what anyone thinks of you...remember?

• imagetokenhoser:

I've never ever made anything resembling a secret of my old username. It got near 20K posts and it was embarrassing.

I'm just sad you said something like that. Doesn't mean the world is ending or anything but at least you apologized. Aaaand moving on.

Meimsx no more
  • imagetokenhoser:

We had no issues. I've always really liked you, and I tend to side with your opinions (CD related, BF'ing related, even with your UO...to an extent).

So, we disagree. What's new?  I just don't enjoy alienating other moms for asking for advice.  I'm not "pretentious," as you called me and Iris in another thread awhile back. I'm also no expert or genius.  I have experience, and I'm here to give advice. Just because it doesn't mesh with your parenting philosophy doesn't mean this place isn't "fun anymore." 

And that's my last word Stick out tongue....I don't want to argue any longer.

• imageLisa Frank:
    I don't want to argue any longer.

Duuuude, me either.

Unless it's over the age old debate of whether puppies or kittens are cuter.

• imagetokenhoser:

imageLisa Frank:
    I don't want to argue any longer.

Duuuude, me either.

Unless it's over the age old debate of whether puppies or kittens are cuter.

Kittens. And Red Wings <3

• GROUP HUG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • imagebreezy79:
    GROUP HUG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who said the .gif was underutilized here? Because I agree! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"