Preemies
Options

update on my 33 weekers

Not sure if any of you remember my story....but I delivered my twin boys @ 33 weeks and my baby b had a horrible time during labor/delivery/the first few hours of his life. He was not expected to survive and I literally went from mentally planning his funeral one day, to his making a complete miracle of a turn around the next (this was over the course of 43 days in the NICU). Fast forward 5 months to today when we finally got in to see the Neurologist. After a complete exam she could confidently tell me that she has very minimal worries for him and she sees a normal and well adjusted baby. He's doing everything right on track especially for his adjusted age and the only thing that she wants to double check on is a little smidge of tightness in his legs. One of my biggest worries is that he will develop CP in his future or have horrible learning and comprehension disabilities. I asked her about this and although she doesn't have a crystal ball she feels that the likelihood of these things is very small. I will certainly take whatever hand I am dealt, but if it's up to me I'm gonna fight like hell to do everything that I can to help my little guy. I believe in my heart that he is going to have no issues at all, but when I let my mind wander too far I can't help but worry. Luckily, with 5 month old twins and a three year old, there's not much time for worries;) I just wanted to share this with you all because I know that you "get it" and to shout from my roof top how amazing God is. Continue to pray for us and if you're going through the worst of the worst, remember that when you give it all to him, he will see you through....I've seen it happen with my very own eyes 8).

Re: update on my 33 weekers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"